Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kap Po aka James

Somewhere 1997, 1998, 1999.... he was one of the few that comes to play with my kor kor very often in our parents' office in Muar. Remember i was always hoping that the better looking ones will come more frequent, but i always secretly sigh in my heart "hai... kap po kor kor again." =P

Big guy, pimpled face, wear specs, thick black hair, always smiling. One of my brother's best friends, the closest to us i.e. my mum, Anne and I.

Just somewhere in May this year, James came to SS15 to help me fix my computer. He was forever helpful and really good in computer stuff. I remember we chatted for a while in the living room, and realised he picked up some funny chinese accent, after working in Hua Wey for some months. Clearly recalled Evelyn served him a glass of peelfresh orange juice. I asked if he wants to have dinner with me, but he already had an appointment. Little did i know.... that that was the last time i see James kor kor. The computer now has virus... and i was thinking when James comes visit us the next time, i will ask him how to solve it..........

When i hear of the news over the phone from my brother, "James died." I was shocked. In that second, I forgot what the word "died" means. Can I still sms him? Can I email him? Can I call him? No no no... he has passed away, returned to the Lord. His time on earth has ended... Wow... it's painful. I told my mum immediately, she was shocked too. We all became so quiet. We all know why. We miss James. I sms Anne. She teared in her lecture hall.

James was a funny guy. He looked older than his age so much so that i remember there was an incident where he went playing tennis with some friends during Form 5, some stranger thought he was their tennis coach. Haha.. And once he commented that i looked like aunty with my new hair cut and i got quite mad at him. Haha. In my memory, he often wore beige color t-shirts, and even some of his work pants are beige in color. Once we were all at Marks & Spencer, there were sales, i recommended him striped black slacks and he liked it. That day he purchased 2 pants, with 4 work shirts. He was also the one who brought us (brother, myself and Anne) to our first Korean BBQ meal, the one same row as Digital Mall. He paid for all of us and ordered so much. We all ate until we found difficulties in bending our body to get into the car. Remember he shared funny stories like he has broken many chairs in his office, because of his body weight. His life has not been smooth, but despite the many challenges, he was still positive, always smiling, and always joking with us. Never hear him sighs.

James, james, james, a good friend, a good brother, a really good man.

I never keep him in my prayers before, but when i hear of the sad news, i prayed.. for him and his family. Feel so bad... that I've never prayed for him.. took him for granted, thought he will always be around.. No one knows what his last moments were like, no one knows what was in his mind.. only God knows. Though he was not on fire for Jesus during his lifetime, but i do believe that he knows his Saviour, and he called out to the Lord in his final seconds... in the woods, in the water, or in the air..

James kor kor, thanks for being a blessing to my family and been such a good friend to my brother. We will meet again, we will. We will.

1 comment:

Anne = YuinYuin said...

yea, i remember i was quite mad at him when he commented that my Cantonese is bad...i was telling koko that i want James koko to bring me to Low Yat to buy cheap and good hard disc...

We tend to take things for granted all the time. when the person is not around anymore, we get sad. It's like what i felt when daddy passed away. let's try our very best to live right so that we won't have regrets or 'too late' in our lives again, shall we?

God help us...