Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another Drama @ Amcorp Mall

On Monday night, I flossed my teeth.. and then my gum started bleeding...

On Tuesday, at work, after lunch, I suddenly tasted blood in my mouth, oops, still bleeding. =( Have to see a dentist! Then i remember Julia said Dr. Chua in Subang Parade is good. So I called the clinic, can't believe what I heard, appointments full until December?! I told the nurse my case is an emergency case, please help me to see the dentist. Told her my conditions and then she said I should see a gum specialist. Woo..I never know that there is a gum specialist? So I asked for recommendations. She gave me two periodontists, one in ss14, one in Amcorp Mall. Nurse said doctor recommends the one in Amcorp Mall. =)

It was 5.45pm when i got the number, called, no one answers. Called again.. and again.. and again.. no answer. I knew the clinic must be closed but I don't know why.. I just know that I should keep calling. Then the dentist Koo called me back with her handphone ! Apparently the dental clinic's phone is connected to her handphone and she thought I was someone she knew. She gave me 11am appointment, praise the Lord !!

Morning came, so did my period. Went to Amcorp Mall.. Dr. Koo checked my gums.. and said that there were a lot of tartar trapped between my gums and teeth. Those must be removed... by scaling. *swallowed saliva* There it goes.. *PAINFULLLLLLL* the scaling was done... into my gums.. can't describe the feeling.. And those blood in my mouth rinse.. >.< Thennn.. dentist gave me a mirror, to show me how to floss my teeth. I looked into the mirror, BLOOOOODDD ???!!!! Tears rolled down my eyes straight away.. I've never seen so much blood coming out from my gums. The special flossing brush that doctor used to demo on flossing, were all RED, covered with blood. That's how bad it was.

Made payment and it's almost 12pm, I decided to go down to Giant to buy some oat drinks as lunch and drive to office. Was walking in Giant.. then suddenly I see stars. I felt i was going to faint straight away. Couldn't find a chair so I squatted down and made a call to Penny, said I need to take MC. I slowly find my way out of Giant and found a wooden chair just outside Giant. Sat down and rest.. I realised this must be due to bleeding from both gums AND from my period ! The period cramps came storming in... and I simply couldn't move. Called Joshua for help.

Had to go to toilet. I found some strength to slowly walk to the nearest washroom, threw my bag on the floor and threw myself unto the toilet bowl. I stayed in there for almost 20 minutes... because I couldn't find strength to stand up... I had to wait until the period cramps subside.. then only I could return to the wooden chair. I rested there, with my face pale like a white sheet of paper, with many people walking past during lunch hour. To my surprise, no one tries to offer me help. I thought if anyone approaches me, I will ask for their help to buy me Menstrual Panadol from Watson's, but no... no one....

At 1pm, finally, my hero arrived. The period cramps were not that fierce anymore that time, so we walked to the nearest shop and have some warm food. Took the pink panadol Joshua bought. Then we walked up to the clinic to collect my MC. After all that, I thank God I was able to drive home safely.

.................... Just last night..... I found out that................. I actually had the pink panadols in the bag that I was carrying......... I thought it was in another bag..... but I actually transferred to this bag........... if only I could take the panadol earlier......... the pain I suffer could be much much lesser.............. >.< Then I would not have such a drama to tell.

A new friend at work is saying that I am really drama. First the laptop, then this.

1 comment:

weeliem said...

wah! so that was the emergency josh was talking about:P glad you're ok.

last visit to my dentist, he hantam me for not flossing my teeth:( he said flossing would prevent you from needing scaling. if you do scaling often, you will lose your gum tissue. losing gum tissue, you will have empty gaps between the root of your teeth. so, look like got hole liek that.

moral of the story, always floss your teeth. sighz. i try so hard also, malas to floss:P hehe