Kota Kinabalu
Reason why we selected Kota Kinabalu?
- because then we don't need to worry about passports, esp new passport for Jared
- we also have lesser work when it comes to ensuring we have data plan when we are there
- also don't need to worry about going to money changer
Day 1 Shangrila Rasa Ria
First, airport. Our flight is 9am and will arrive at 12pm. We forgot to top up with check in luggage when Joshua booked the flight. And because it was already RM4200 without check in luggage, I was reluctant to pay anything more. I mean 4k tickets for 4 + baby is already super over-priced.
So we cramped all our things into 2 black luggage (the old one we have when we got our citibank credit card more than 10 years ago), 1 blue luggage (the one mummy bought from pyramid as an over-nighter and decided not suitable) and the ikea backpack (which we initially used it as a giant diaper bag).
The children each carry their own backpack plus handle the black luggae, one each. Just nice.Joshua have the ikea backpack on. I have my handbag and a shoulder sling with has the ergo, straw hat and miscellaneous items that can't fit into any of our bags. Not to forget this cabin size stroller , hand me down from Daniel & Jade.
Breakfast at Old Town.
Finally in the plane! ok we decided to go for a holiday that involves air travel because the kids said they miss flying. Hmmm... okay. We try to make it a holiday that ticks everyone's boxes. For me, it is kundasang that I wanted to go to. Joshua have always wanted a beach holiday.
We ordered in flight meal for them, also to let them experience such things. Otherwise can just wait till we arrive to eat lunch.
Jared was an angel! He slept during take off so he didn't cry at all. When he woke up, he played with whatever toys we gave him. Fed him lunch and then he just had to move about a bit, so I passed him to Joshua. And that's it. We arrived. During landing he also latched on and happily stayed in the ergo when we handle the getting out of plane type of stress.
We rented a car with car seat (pay extra RM10 per day).They met us at the airport and it was really fast and easy. We can use waze, so it's just plug and play.
3 babies.
Jared fell asleep on our way to lunch.
Soon all 3 also fell asleep.
This is our first stop to eat Tuaran Mee. Jared sat happily on this plastic chair, while he did his big business.
This laksa is nice.
This is tuaran mee, to me it's really so so only.
We cleaned Jared's poo poo diaper when back in the car and off we go. Joshua wanted to buy some snacks at a recommended dessert shop but we couldn't find it. Then we decided lets stop wasting time and head straight to our resort. On our way there, Joshua bought burnt coconut.
Arrived at Shangrila. This is while waiting to check in.
Got our room, lets go!
We love our room!! They are so excited about the double decker!
Jared fell asleep at the sound of splashing waves.
I found a chair to rest on while he have his nap.
I really slept and rested.
While the other 2 kids were busy playing with sand. I asked them whether they want to borrow some tools from Paul's kid to build sand castle, they said no and look at how creative they are!
look! Not sure what it is but I like that they pick up whatever things around and use them.
And here's a smiley face, haha.
This is the pool bean bag which are free to use, we waited till most people left the pool then only we manage to use it.
Really play until dark. Then we went back to room.
Dinner we drove out. Joshua said wants to eat seafood. Came to this huge seafood place after driving through a lot of off road condition road without street lights.
We were told that we have to separately pay for the kids. RM32 per kid.
But when we leaving and ask to pay (decided to be honest instead of sneaking away), they said no need. Wow!!
The food are all very nice and tasty. I usually don't enjoy hotel breakfast but this one is really one level higher.
We are exploring the resort today. So we went back to the room first, cos I need to bath. Then we come out again. We plan to explore the kids zone.
Waited for the buggy.
And we're on!
They have a small hanging bridge for kids.
And then we need to register the kids at the kids zone. It's so quiet we are the only people there. They disallow parents to be there but since we are the only ones, we just stayed in there.
Jasmine went to a room, she saw a paper and started doing some painting, until the lady came to stop her to say she cannot do that, have to follow their program. -_-
It's quite a comfortable place. Jared fell asleep in the ergo.
I used my straw hat (borrowed from Jessie, Ron's mum) to keep the sun away.
We looked out at the weather and felt that it is not that sunny anymore, which means we should really go have fun at the beach before it rains (rainy weather). So we put on fisherman hat on Jared and head out!
The sand here is very smooth so Jasmine didn't mind it. I like it here too.
We just stood there and enjoy the waves. Kids started to play with sand. They will run into the sea to pick up wet sand to build whatever they were building.
Sometimes the wave came in bigger and wet their pants, haha.

So we went back to our room, while daddy ordered lunch via grab. These were really tasty! The thing about such hotel is we don't have a proper table and chairs to dine at. So it was kids eating on stool while sitting on the floor and us eating at balcony.
While eating lunch it started to rain.....
Then we got them to write diary, instead of doing it at night when they're sleepy and tired.
Jared drinks milk in the playpen.
By evening, despite drizzling, we change into swim wear again and head out!
Jared is equipped with the hat.
Jasper kept coming up because he say he felt cold. Drizzling become small rain.
We got the floating bean bag.
Small rain become bigger rain. I just keep Jared under the big umbrella and wrap him with the warm towels. There are still many people in the pool and I saw a family behind me holding umbrellas while eating lunch at the beach chair.
At around 5pm, it's getting dark very soon and rain didn't seem to be stopping. We decided to let Jared have some water fun before we go back to our room.
They sat on the slide together!
Jasmine is extremely comfortable when she's in the water. I am really proud of her. Those swim classes are really worth it!
Bath again!
Night night. I spent quite some time to pack for the next 2 nights. It's going to be colder than here...
Decided to take the buggy one last round and we asked if they can take us around the resort. They arranged it for us, yay!
Have to pay some entrance fees , total RM24.
We were not allowed to take photos at the actual thing in the house but I really felt it's just ok ok only. I won't think we will miss this even if we skip this.
Cold cold weather when we arrived, which is perfect! and no rain, can't get more perfect!
The same hat Jasper wore when we went to Taiwan last time. So glad I kept till now and Jared could use it.
We just sit out here to enjoy the scenery, our room is just 20 steps away.
There behind Jasmine is out room or unit. RM500 for the whole house.
Then at 5pm. Joshua and Jasper drove out to tapao dinner. Joshua say he spotted a restaurant 1km away.
Here they are.
Waiting for food to be cooked.
It was very very misty.
Soon it got dark and we're in our unit now. Getting ready for dinner.
We then came upstairs here, ready to eat mee cup while watching Home Alone, the new one.
But I've only watched a bit (Jared already asleep) and I started to feel very very sleepy. It's only 8.30pm when I gave up and went to lie down to zzzz.
I woke up again at 12am, heard Jasmine got up and walked down the stairs herself to use the toilet, what an independent girl. I am very proud of her.

Goodbye Konunukan! I dressed the kids with so many layers, thinking it may be super super super cold, using the day before as benchmark.
It was not that cold la, so Jasmine didn't need her red jacket and Jasper also didn't need the extra t-shirt on top of this shirt.
Taste really fresh. She finished that 500ml all by herself, I drank one or two sips.
Jasper and daddy lined up for so so so long just to get ice cream.
Got yoghurt ice cream which I of course didn't eat lo. That's Joshua's tired look.
I enjoyed that chocolate ice cream, yum.
Ok on our way out, we saw a restaurant where we decided to tapao fried rice to go.
Upon payment, I saw them selling 50% off the straw hats, I tried all the designs and found this the most comfortable. Rm50 if not wrong.
back in the car, we headed towards Alpaca Club which is 5 minutes away. And then.. it started to rain! So I got the kids their rain coats (so glad we brought). And we decided to eat the fried rice in the car while waiting for rain to stop and Jared also still sleeping.
Once done, we head out! Rain has stopped though but kids still just wear their rain coats on.
We have to wait outside for our turn. We paid RM52 for everyone, including RM2 for Jared who's sleeping.
Finally our turn.
Cannot touch their tail, they might kick. Touch neck is the safest.
Our final night is at Umea Glam, it was very hard for us to understand where's the car park. After a whatsapp call and reading closely at their instructions, we finally found the prepared car park.
Here we are!
Alfresco dining. I am now eating my mee cup which I didn't eat the night before.
Then it started to rain, I just put on my rain coat and continue my mee cup and determined to spend time outdoor.
I shared my mee cup with Jasper.
There were 4 mattresses spread out all over the tent for us to sleep in. Spacious enough.
Breakfast at 7.15am! I wish I can be early bird like this when I am back at Subang Jaya.
Eat up all the food we have cos we're going home already.
Replenish water from the water dispenser at the reception.
We boiled water to take bath. Only 2 of us bathed. Jasmine and Jasper rather not bath. Jasmine said she likes this place but she dislike the toilet which is like kampong toilet made of zinc. But it's consider very very clean and comfortable already la. Haha.
K that's us all out of the glamping site, going to our car, going to airport...
Ergo has been essential. Thankful that Jared didn't mind staying in it.
On the way to airport, all kids are asleep and Joshua drove past wild boar stalls, he bought this roast pork. It taste so good!
We ate everything in the car, the kids woke up to eat too. Like this RM20.
We arrived on time and flight doesn't have any delays.
One stupid grab driver (a lady) her car boot was faulty and slammed on Joshua's forehead. Then she decided to CANCEL because she saw that we are so many and her rule is no one should sit at the passenger seat. Wah lao eh.... so we ordered another grab to take us home. But this bump on his head really made all of us feel so angry.....















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment