Friday, December 24, 2010

FELIZ NAVIDAD everyone !!



Mmmm..... I just smelled Christmas at my doorstep last night!!

I know I'm so late in sensing the festive's arrival but hey.. never too late? :D
Went to the mall with Joshua to run some errands and was overjoyed to see all the christmas decorations and the christmas carols playing at the background. We can't help it but to take photos. :D We had so much fun. Hehe.

I've not seen so many giant teddy bears hahaha... I want to bring them home!!!
















I've never celebrated Christmas with my family.. because I am from a buddhist family. :) Only since year 2005, I celebrate Christmas. So... back in 2005, there were a few things we did under Hope Brisbane that helped shape Christmas in my memory. :)

My first Christmas... :)

End of Nov 2005, I went on a mission trip to Hobart with some caregroup members (there were 6 of us), and sang christmas carols with Shin Wee at the Salamanca morning market!! We bought santa hats and wore red, and I remember clearly we were the back-ups. We did the rabbit hop as we sang "FELIZ NAVIDAD!!" pom pom pom :D Ahh.... sweeet memories. It was my first mission trip. I remember when it was 9pm, the sky was still bright like noon in Malaysia. :)



This is a photo taken then.. Shin Yee, Shin Wee and myself. :) We were all relaxed and happy... when the mission trip finally came to an end, and we started to be on holiday mood. :D I was also sabotaged by a gang of them with 2.5kg of flour because I turned 21 on 28th Nov 2005!! There were a gang of them whom we just got to know (due to mission trip activities) but wow.. one of them I still keep in touch to this day. He was the only salvation we witnessed during the mission trip. It was my first time seeing someone who heard the gospel and agreed to accept Christ into his life. :)

Later in Dec 05, our caregroup Judah 5 also visited an old folks home.. where we prepared a short skit and christmas carols too. We met up at someone's house to wrap up tins of biscuits to give out to the old folks. :) And then we practice the carols. It was there I learnt how to sing all the christmas songs! They were all just full of joy! I remember on the actual day I didn't go on stage to sing the carols, because I was in a conversation with one of the old lady. She said her kids doesn't come to visit her often.. and she misses them.. and she told me she was 90 years old but after 5 minutes she said she was only 80.. hahaha...

The old times were really great and I surely miss them. :)

But hey, I have a mission here in Malaysia. :) I am still on my mission trip. Only this trip is longer. Hehe. I will never forget the words God showed me when He confirmed that I should return to Malaysia.

"Go back to your home and share about my goodness, so that they also will be saved."

So after the memorable Christmas, followed by my graduation ceremony, I came back home.

My family. :) God wants them saved. And so do I.

:) May my whole household be saved by 2011 and we will celebrate christmas as a family!! Amen !!

No comments: