Final lap of 2nd trimester... other than the joy of feeling our princess's movements, I also started experiencing certain symptoms like :
- having heavy yellow discharge [Doctor say nothing to worry if no pain]
- harder to hold in my pee [especially when I sneeze]
- almost impossible to use the squatting toilet [sharp pain on belly when I attempt to stand back up]
- more obvious receeding gum lines [thank God no bleeding when brush teeth]
- itchy belly [due to expanding belly]
- sore bottom [Doctor say it's the hip bones because bones loosen getting ready for baby to pop]
- sore hands & legs muscles [generally weaker stamina]
- painful feet [I've put on about 8kg so far!]
It's such a joy to witness those gentle waves... but Joshua miss them most times. It's almost as if baby knows daddy is around.. she gets a bit shy.
22nd June, when the haze was bad, api above 500, we drove back to Muar. We planned this trip much earlier and the haze didn't stop us from proceeding with it.
When we drove pass the Muar bridge, we couldn't see much of the river or anything beyond it.
Hazy town... at night the api even went up to 700+. We tried to wear mask when we go out.
I ate my favourite local delicacies to my heart's content, hehe.
And when my mum tried to fry an egg, she accidentally made this cute little smiley!
She asked me to take a photo to show Joshua. He was busy playing x-box with my brother in the living room.
In Muar, my mummy helped me and my colleagues to draft complaint letter to management about our mentally ill boss. I kept on amending the letter even until Sunday night, and made Joshua helped me read out loud to make sure everything flows correctly. Hehehe..
I had it printed out etc, they called me the chief editor and the 6 of us are called Ninjas! :D And this hairy chubby guy was the one who came up with the name Ninjas for us. :P
I've got another mission that came my way... my uncle from US suddenly planned a trip back home to settle the renovation plan for our grandma house 73. There are still A LOT of our stuffs there, mostly Anne's. She was supposed to clean up but she was having her exams and will only end after Uncle Charles go back to US! So I'm all alone..... and of course with Joshua's help...... I spent few nights in the dusty house sorting out things to throw, to recycle, to donate, to send back to Muar, to put in 71, to be sorted by Anne (mountains of clothes and shoes)....... it was tiring....very tiring...
And then by surprise I found my old sandals. :) It used to be one of my favourites... and this brings back great memories.. I asked Joshua if he remembers this pair of shoes... and he did!
One Sunday after church I realised one side of this sandal was broken and I was having lunch with some friends in Black Canyon. I called Joshua to tell him about it.... he didn't want to help me at first but I insisted... he came... took the broken pair quietly and sent for repair. He brought back to me after it was all done... all I did was just sat there to have my lunch with one leg bare-foot. Hehehe... that time I know..... God has given me a great guy.... :) :)
I wish I could keep this pair of sandals to remember this part of our courtship but I think these photos should be sufficient, hahaha... afterall, I'm on a mission to get rid of old things.
Cleared upstairs and downstairs, bit by bit... I wish the timing could be better... but what to do... my great helper Anne needs to focus on her exams.. :(
One day at work I felt bored and came up with this photo. Haha.. picture of me at 3 months and 6 months pregnant side by side comparison. Wowwwww.... how our princess have grown! :D I used it as my whatsapp profile picture and a few friends noticed it! Haha.. my ex-manager even gave me thumbs up for it. Keke..
Saturday, I worked full day on this mission. Walked to and fro 71 & 73 numerous times.. until the sky turned dark. I realised, I have not been feeling 小黄move the whole day?? How can that be? Oh no... I feel bad, so I sat down on the stool in 71's kitchen... and started talking to her... "sorry mummy have been working and moving about whole day...can you move for me to see now so I know you're ok inside?" And amazingly.... I saw my belly moved!! Hahahahaha... it could be coincidence.. but it's a wonderful feeling.... :) :) :)
I've slowly outgrown most of my mum's dresses....
And thank God that my friend Wei Chee passed me a bag of her dresses, those she bought too big.. and so glad I could wear most of them! :D I wore this to work and my colleagues love this outfit so much!
Although the dress looks a tad too short especially from side view, hahaha...
And this top, was a mistake online purchase by Evelyn some time last year. She passed to me asking if I will want it. I know it's a nice lace top but it was really too balloon, thank God I kept it thinking I can wear it when I'm pregnant. Hehe..
It's very comfortable... and I also started wearing Anne's leggings. :)
I was busy telling Joshua stories of how me and my manager friends at work finally could complain to our MD, CFO, Group Human Capital Manager and Human Capital Manager about our bosses at work that morning....
And 小黄 was listening too... hehehe...
Uncle Charles finally came... and met with the contractor.
We got the maids to clean the house up few days before his arrival... my mum made me promised to only let the renovation start after baby Jasmine reaches full moon, she wants me to start resting especially I'm entering 3rd trimester soon...
We heard about Ikea sales and went to buy baby cot on Monday night after work! Did so many calculations and research on my phone before deciding to spend RM99 on a simple Sniglar cot.
This is the cot we bought. RM99 + RM179 normal foam mattress + RM20 bathing tub. All in all only RM300! Yeay!
Although the pink quilt is cute.. but we didn't buy, I plan to let our princess use the blanket my grandmother made for me when I was born. :) :)Not to forget my dear Jessica Chia passed me a bag of old pink baby clothes at work that day! I immediately went through all of them when I got home.. some are still quite new.. can't wait to see baby Jasmine in these pink booties! :D
I told my mummy the next day about it so that she will not buy things that we already have... she was so sweet... :) :) "Hor lang" means "good people" hehehee....
My colleague who sits next to me... whom I often ignore... tell me about a shop in Kota Kemuning called Mama Paradise, owned by her friend and was going to be sold off to another person. They were having clearance sales.. and this colleague Ms Gan actually led me to the shop after work and stayed with me until 7.30pm! I was soooo touched by her... she recommended me a few things to buy... and I spent RM189 on organic laundry detergent bottle cleanser etc etc.... and these cute dresses for RM10 each!!
We went to watch Pacific Rim with a gang of church friends! About 90 of us in total.. crazy right...
Many church friends saw me and commented that I've grownnnn big! Hahahaha..
Saturday, arranged more things in 71. Mostly because of Anne's things.. her exams were finally over so I helped her find space to store her clothes, shoes and books in her room. And switched this bedside table to masterbedroom, wish I've done this earlier because it makes Joshua's corner tidier.
I also cleared a drawer for baby Jasmine's clothes! Yeay!
And Joshua finally assembled the changing table!
We borrowed this table from our church friends Kang Wei and Janet Ling. :)
The room was so messy I couldn't wait to have the table ready so I can start putting things in order.
We found instructions on google and it was quite easy.
My job was to sit there and supervise. That's all. Hehe.
Ya it's so obvious my hands and legs were still so tiny..... -_- never put on weight anywhere except for belly..
Table was finally done!! Yeay!!
So glad I finally get to put all baby related things on this corner!
Things will definitely still change over time but this is good for now. :)
Weekend 15 July, mummy and Anne came to Subang to attend a family friend's son's wedding. Before they go back to Muar on Sunday, we went to a nursery in Sunway.
That's my mum and sister, they loveeeeeeeee gardening. Me? Not at all. :P Other than some plants, we bought soil for 71 and also to bring back to Muar.
It was a fun plant shopping experience with them. I found a plant that I like.. and mummy bought for me. :D
No one takes photo of me, so I used the car reflection.. so sad hor.. :P
Before they start their journey back to Muar, they insisted on putting in the soil in my tiny little garden.
Also put on fertilizer...
And watering them...
My mum loves using water hose... she doesn't just water the plants, but also cleaning the floor...
After they left, I took a nap. Then Joshua came back from church... I was a bit mad at him for being ignorant about me...
I was not able to smile at him at all the whole afternoon until evening... blame the hormones for being emotional.. :P
Finally I managed to smile... taking picture with my new plant! :D I already done some research on ikea website, to buy beautiful white vase for it!
Joshua made simple dinner... hehehe.. he's shy..
And he also wash up. :) :)
Then he decided to grind most of the garlic we have, so that we keep it in fridge and use it whenever we need, instead of having to chop them into pieces everytime..
He used a trick he learnt on the internet...
Cover in 2 bowls like this..
And just shake it!
And they come out nice and smooth like this! :D
I then did my thing... arranging our foyer.. with the new plant, I felt motivated to make some changes here to make the plant stand out! :D
After that... before sleep, I tested on some of Anne's old clothes.. the ones she wanted to throw away.. I was exploring maybe I could wear them as maternity pieces... this pink skirt....
And this orange top....
While Joshua practiced on bass guitar at his new music corner..
Hope baby Jasmine could hear the music played by him and be musically talented.... hehe..
So that's my 2nd trimester... I could literally feel the 3rd trimester creeping in... I feel the weight more... and physically challenged more too... and my aim for the coming weeks will be to pack up the hospital bag! ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment