One of the most obvious signs of entering 3rd trimester will be the size of my belly! Baby is growing at rapid speed inside and the movements are more frequent these days.. I love to feel her moving!! :D
Anyway, I've outgrown many dresses and blouses... and have to find alternatives. I am still firm on not buying any maternity clothes. :D Thank God for friends & sister in law that pass me their clothes which they bought too big online, and amazingly some of them looks like they can last me till full term, yeay!
So when I face serious OOS issue (OOS = Out Of Stock) in my wardrobe, I ponder upon the possibility of wearing some of Anne's clothes! Well, my sister has great taste, she has very nice clothes in her wardrobe.. you will be surprise just how much I know about her wardrobe. :P
Just few weeks ago, as I shared earlier, we were on a mission to CLEAR EVERYTHING off 73, in order to get it ready for renovation, Anne has got mountain and mountain of clothes left in 73! We made it a point to slowly filter out those clothes - to throw, to recycle, to donate and... I kept some for my own use.....
This was an elastic waist skirt purchased by Anne from FOS years ago and she never wears it. The minute she saw this skirt, she said she was going to donate it, and I took it up from the donate pile, thinking... I might be able to use it. ;) And true enough! I did!
I have this beige colour dress from my friend Wei Chee, it's just nice for me but it is just too short and inappropriate especially if I want to wear it to work. I thank God I thought about this skirt!
I wore it right above my belly so that the elastic band is not on my belly itself... and the length was just nice... SWEET!
That cardigan actually belonged to my mum. She bought it in Sydney together with my uncle when she flew over for my graduation, and as usual she never uses it. I used it few times and soon neglected it because it was too loose on me and I find it hard to match any clothes. Thank God I keep it in Muar and now when I wear any sleeveless dresses this cardigan makes every outfit prim and proper. Haha.
No one will know right underneath that cardigan is this funny cutting spagetti top dress.. hehe..
I immediately had some unstitching to do. The skirt has this navy blue ribbon stitched on in the front, which I need to remove it if I were to wear it as something like a petty coat. :)
Wore it to work in the coming week and my colleagues love my outfit. :D They were surprise I haven't spent money buying new clothes yet... awesome I can do this I can do this.
Another piece I took up from the donate pile, was this orange black striped top. Anne bought it at some random boutique when I wasn't with her. When I saw it, I told her the colour doesn't suit her at all. Colour was not nice and she's dark... she finally agreed and decided to part with it.
And so I had some fun with it.
It's a loose fitting top, so I tied a ribbon at my waist to see how it looks.
Looks like a kimono top? :)Wore it to work with leggings.. the minute I pulled up my leggings I think I saw a kung fu kid in the mirror.. I did some kung fu pose for Joshua to ask if I really look like some taekwondo black belt, he said.... "A bit" oh noo.... is this a bad call?
When I reach office, I showed my colleagues my kung fu pose too, they laughed and said once I mention kung fu, I really look like I'm wearing some kung fu costume! Ahh.. bad call bad call.. but whatever.. :P I survived the day, hehehe...
And then when I remove the black ribbon and relaxing on the sofa eating apples... I think I look like I'm wearing a football jersey...hahaha..
Next up, this was Anne's skirt. We loveee the fabric, it's really good and nice fabric. My mum had 2 dresses made from this same fabric. Yes my mum's tailor made the skirt for Anne, and she never worn it, not even once. Because it is too long and too flare, very very aunty. I wasn't there when they approve the skirt design. -_- Anyway... I held on to the skirt for very long, my mum's tailor said if they convert the skirt into a dress for me, they will charge me RM250-350, no way!!! Reason given was they also need time to unstitched the whole dress etc... If my mum had not known her for more than 10 years, I would've showed her my middle finger... :P
Anyway, I kept it and unstitched the whole thing when I had time. I asked around and found out about a cheap tailor in SS14. So one day, Anne and I went to see her. :) I was in my 1st trimester then, she agreed to help convert it into a skirt for me, but disagree to make it slim fitting because the fabric was already architectured to be flared, so we decided to kept the design but just re-engineered the top part into a dress for me! I paid about RM80 plus other alterations... so worthwhile. And because it's a flare skirt made into dress, I could wear it as maternity dress. I need to wear it more often now.... because it looks like it is going to be too tight anytime..........
Anne's skirt, she bought from Nichii few years back. It's elastic waist so it's just nice for me.. I wear it under my belly of course.. :D
That blue bag, was like the 4th or 5th bag of clothes to donate. Last weekend, after hearing from Shin Wee about nursing shawl... I decided to flip through for some ideas... and I saw Anne's polka dot top. I bought it together with her at FOS years ago and she only wore few times. Problem with the blouse - sleeveless, very thick and balloon design that makes her look more bloated.
She stopped wearing after like 2 times? And now... I picked it up and unstitched it! There was 2 layer of t-shirt materials no wonder is so hot to wear.... I only keep the polka dot part..
Still trying to think howww to turn this into a nursing shawl...
I also kept a black top, thinking maybe I can cut some part of it to join to the top of the "nursing shawl"......hmmm... putting on my thinking cap.... ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment