Expectation to a one year old baby would be standing and walking or even running. Nope, no walking or running yet. But this girl has started to try out standing. The very first time she stood was the day after we celebrated her birthday 30 August, she was so engrossed in clapping, we found out stood clapping for 2 seconds before she throw herself on her bum bum. :) :)
Celebrated birthday with our hommies on her actual birthday 5th September. :)
Celebrated chinese birthday (August 5th chinese calendar) with the Chiam family.
Went for her one-year-old jab at Dr. Khoo clinic again. This time we are extra early and super prepared. I felt a bit embarassed when there're people lining up behind my chair.... :P Anyway being no. 1 but we were too dumb for going for breakfast at the opposite kopitiam because doctor arrived early!! They couldn't see us so the no.2 kid went in first. -_- I felt so stupid.
Anyway Jasmine did very well. She may not even know that they gave her a jab... like someone pinched her backside.
She's not the youngest in the pool but the only one without proper swimwear. That makes me more determined to buy a proper one for her.
After the pool, I took her to bath at our friend Rose's apartment, then the bigger kids had some activities.... we let Jasmine taste pasta for the first time. :)
She always fell asleep comfortably on Jiu Ma.
We took her along to meet Ah Ma's old nursing friends. :)
And she charmed all the aunties.
My mum found this and said this was car seat back in the 1980s! How technology had advanced.
Jasmine now enjoys sitting on rocking chair. She will rock herself!
Merdeka holiday, we took her to join our church friends at a pool. It was quite a chilly morning so she was shivering as she enters. Thank God she didn't fall sick!
Is her first time using these fancy float or pool toys. :)She's not the youngest in the pool but the only one without proper swimwear. That makes me more determined to buy a proper one for her.
After the pool, I took her to bath at our friend Rose's apartment, then the bigger kids had some activities.... we let Jasmine taste pasta for the first time. :)
Hari Malaysia weekend, we went back to Muar.
She always fell asleep comfortably on Jiu Ma.
We took her along to meet Ah Ma's old nursing friends. :)
And she charmed all the aunties.
We managed to buy a pair of baby walking shoes at FOS for RM25! Main objective is for the US trip but that makes me more determined to get her to wear shoes and walk!
Jasmine now enjoys sitting on rocking chair. She will rock herself!
This month, she has improved to stand much steadier and longer, to about 10-15 seconds! :D Usually she needs to hold to something to pull herself up standing but once Joshua witnessed her holding on to a small container on the floor and she managed to stand up! :D
This is one morning after I've left for work. Joshua helped her put on her sandals so walking will be more comfortable for her.
This is one morning after I've left for work. Joshua helped her put on her sandals so walking will be more comfortable for her.
She also likes to hide in this dusty corner in our room....
In Muar house, that makes us all think that neglected place also needs to be wiped.
We installed this safety gate for kitchen borrowed from my colleague Hoong Ling. I feel so much better now that when I am cutting in the kitchen, she would not be near my feet or touching the rubbish bin or checking out the back bathroom.
She gets frustrated that she is stuck here, not able to enter the kitchen. So usually I would hear a cry baby here... doing a lot of gate dance at the same time. Haha.
She also tried to stand during bath time... started with 2 seconds, then as her confidence build up, she started to stand longer, trying to reach for the water tap and even trying to crawl out of the tub.
She gets cheekier by the day, one night Joshua laughed really loud when he bathed her. I asked what happened, he said Jasmine was shaking her bum bum in the tub!
End of the month, we tried using the shower to bath her instead of the normal tub filled with warm water. After few tries, especially the bath on 30 Sept, we decided maybe too early to do shower bath for her. She stood up so many times, hugging me back and forth, wet me all over and fell down few times hitting her head against the edge of the tub. -_-
This is her new style, hands free style. She does this not just with fabric, but also tubes, paper and toys.
Every morning, I will leave for work and Joshua would need to do his morning "business" and shower before he goes off to work too. When he spends time in the bathroom he usually place Jasmine in the bumbo chair and let her watch nursery rhymes. She would glue her eyes to the nursery rhymes and she even know how to come out from the chair to switch off the song when Joshua comes out from the bathroom! This month... we guess she must have been bored with the songs.. because few times before Joshua comes out from the bathroom, she has already helped herself with the ipad, trying to swipe her little fingers on it playing other videos! @.@" So... we tried to change our morning routine. After I come out from shower, Joshua will try to do his "business" and shower while I get ready & feed Jasmine her morning milk.
Then after I go off to work, Joshua will have his quality time with Jasmine, most times he will play the guitar to her. She gets all excited and would be shaking her body and trying to touch the whole guitar.... she loves the guitar. :)
One morning, when Joshua is using the shared bathroom. I felt a sudden urge to purge! I dashed into the masterbathroom without closing the door because I want to know what Jasmine is doing. Bad decision because she followed me in! I told her no... she refused to listen and not only followed me in she kept on coming to me to hug me. Imagine me letting out bombs from my bottom with the nice aroma, at the same time I have to hold Jasmine so that she don't come too close to my bottom. I kept asking her to "sit down" she kept on shaking her head and stretching her legs hard to remain standing. I was screaming for Joshua to help me! He said because I screamed, he stood up from toilet bowl and a bit of his bomb dropped on the floor!! Dirty morning business. Haha.... Lesson learnt, always shut the door and lock.
Every morning Joshua will send me off to work. And from the very first time Joshua has been teaching Jasmine to say goodbye and flykiss. Occasionally she would do her flykiss the put-fist-into-mouth style. But sometime this month, she suddenly showed us she could do a complete FLY KISS!! with the sound effect Muaks!!
We also let her test out a ride in Empire. It's RM0.50 per ride. She didn't know what was happening. Haha.
She has also discovered my bag... she can spend very long analyzing all the things she found in there...
Jasmine has learnt how to do a proper complete fly kiss, inclu
But she doesn't do it all the time you ask her to, she's an arrogant baby. :P
She is getting so active with her fingers. She would be opening and closing her fingers during milk time. She also now does this "come on come on" hand sign. It's funny that night once you elevate her higher she will start doing it.
I love it when she wakes up with crazy hair style, which is very rare. This one is particularly cute, including her facial expression!
I took leave to take care of her on a day Lian needs to take off. So we went to Ikea at 4pm. Joshua met us there because he was on a Tricycle TV shoot that ended earlier than expected.
I had more fun than her in Ikea that's for sure.
We bought potty!
We have also officially started potty training. I was feeding her lunch half way and we caught her doing tomato face. But we didn't manage to see her bomb into this potty yet.
She would be sleepy when we're out but she will refuse to sleep in the stroller because the surroundings are just too interesting. In fact, she will insist to sit up right. Look at that sleepy baby face. She slept almost instantly once we put her into the car seat.
Jasmine bites. She has bitten Ashley and Glen at Lian's. And she has bitten Joshua and me countless times.
We are trying hard to teach her to go down the stairs by reversing so if she falls she wont hurt herself too much. She is such an adventurous baby she is taking longer time to do it the safer way. -_- But Joshua had managed to teach her to climb down the sofa (from the back) on her own without help! She also did the same coming down from the bed. Honestly it just looks plain dangerous and risky to me. I can't do it... only Joshua can. But strangely, on 30 Sept, Joshua asked her to climb down the sofa she couldn't do it again.
Sunday 28 Sept, it was a dry day and not too sunny, we took her to the park! This time putting on a pair of oversized sandals, she could do a lot of walking exercise! She did very long stretch walking and spent some time playing on the slides and swings.
She already know how to slide herself down and she really likes it. :D
We finally returned this car seat to Grace Tan. :)
Her night pattern has changed again. I have not been rocking her to sleep for a while, usually I rock her a little and put her into the cot. She would turn left and right, eventually will fall asleep herself. This month, she is getting stickier to me. When I put her down and tried to leave the room, she would start crying. So I will just sit on the stool by her cot, watch her sleep. If she's more awake, she will stand up and expect me to pick her up to rock again. I tried not to. I will be telling her "sleep on your own, lie down.." and I will be pretending to sleep on my arms on the cot railings. Her new trick - come close to my face, repeatedly touch my face with either her face or forehead. :D It's really funny to discover all her little new tricks. :) :)
Her need for attention doesn't just stop there, sometimes at 3am or 5am, she would cry if I walk off so few times I had to sit there watch her fall asleep then only I'm allowed to leave the room.
I've not have a photo taken while breast feeding for the longest time.. so I asked Joshua to take one. Hehe. 13 months and still drinking mummy's milk.
I've not have a photo taken while breast feeding for the longest time.. so I asked Joshua to take one. Hehe. 13 months and still drinking mummy's milk.
This month's cute sleeping photo. We put on socks for her because she was having blocked nose. We applied vicks and socks, advised by Lian.















No comments:
Post a Comment