Friday, September 19, 2014

Mini Milestones : Jasmine's 12th month

This month Jasmine had surprised us all with lots of little tricks. :)  Is like she knows she's turning ONE.

Just look at this busy bee, busy growing up!
She can stand very effortlessly holding on to something, anything.




One day, she just suddenly performed twinkle twinkle little star hand..... sometimes we think she is trying to wave goodbye! Or asking us to "go to her" gesture. :D




Every morning when sending me to work, Joshua will ask her to do bye bye and fly kiss. This month she finally responded to it by waving her hands in fist or twinkle hand, and put her fist into her mouth. :D

This is her playing with dried porridge around her mouth. Lian told me she will do it but this is first time we saw her doing at home.

Learned to wave her hand.. like a B girl. :P
Jasmine has understood "NO" but she will only be obedient about the staircase and entering drum room. Others like touching mirror.... she still does it.

She responds a lot during play time now. Especially when Anne first started talking to her through the container. She was attracted to the sound and loves the container a lot.
She puts on the container herself and tried walking about with it on her head. Haha.
There she sits concentrating on me demonstrating talking into the container. Hehe.
She likes it so much! :D
And tries on again!

Ohhh baby Jasmine, mummy loves you... :)

She also recently likes to crawl all the way to the kitchen and look out. If our neighbours are at the back, she would observe quietly.

When we take her out, she will refuse to lie down, even though she is very sleepy.
She wants to look at everything.


She is often caught shaking forward and backward according to music beats. :) Whenever I sing to her, she will start shaking too. I have come to realise that music soothes her!

One night I came home feeling so sick, I had to wear many layers because I feel so cold even without the fan! I was unwell for almost 2 weeks. Thankkk God I didn't pass on the germs to Jasmine. She only cough a little and blocked nose for about 2 nights, that's all.

Jasmine is now the famous ribbon headband baby in church!  My mum bought 5 ribbon headbands, 2 other flower headbands for her. We must make sure all these are put to good use, so I find any excuse to wear it on her. :)



She is well trained not to pull the headband down..












Getting better at falling asleep on her own. Challenge is keep her asleep throughout the night, we are still working on it.


She still wakes up at least 2 times at night, on 6 August morning 4.30am, I couldn't stand it because she woke up every hour since 2am despite me feeding her every time. I decided to let her cry to sleep. Joshua sat in front of her, see her cry and tried to fall asleep. It's very painful to watch but I was too sleepy to care... I was really hoping she will learn how to sleep through the night after this!  Things only improved a little... but better than nothing.

The putting her to sleep is getting much better, but the challenge now is to train her to sleep till at least 4am. We started to feed her 2 ounces of formula milk before bed, after I breastfeed. According to Lian, direct latch may not be enough. The first time I gave her the milk, she was lying down in her cot, after drinking milk, I gave her some water to clean her mouth. She could have drank everything too fast... because the next 5 seconds she finish drinking the water, she vomitted everything out in her cot... including her dinner... -_-" I had to clean her up, bring her back downstairs, fed her cerelac... and put her to sleep again.

We consistently gave her formula milk for about 2 weeks, started with 2 ounces, then she couldn't finish, we threw the remaining. Then eventually stabilize at 1 ounce. Together with feeding formula, we started a bedtime routine. First, warm bath. Then, lullaby as background music, pray, milk, bedtime story, milk, sleep.

She has slept much longer after we started this routine with her. And if she wakes up, will be after 3am. And when she behaves well, she only wakes up at 6am or 6.30am!

Sometimes she need short naps after coming back from Lian's. We don't let her nap that often because we are worried it'll affect her night long sleep.


Bath time continues to be the highlight of the day, and we believe because of the indian bathing style at Lian's Jasmine tried to splash the water poured over her body, so she started hitting her chest and tummy with her tiny hands! She even do it when not bathing. :D

Later this month, she advanced to standing (holding to the sides) during bath time.   And she will be crawling all the way from masterbedroom to her bathtub whenever she knows we are preparing for her bath.


She can't wait to dive in.

Changing time continues to be challenging because she constantly wants to escape!

She loves to chew on the nappy cream tube, until the paper comes out. 
And after bath, we put her into her cot to signify that it's bedtime. Once we walk away, she cries. 

We tried to stick to one bed time story before sleep. We also encouraged her to flip the page. Eventually she started to enjoy flipping the books!
Not only this, she also could play longer when I put the box of books in front of her. Now instead of eating, she found another way to enjoy a book. :) :)

We tried to get her to sit still in this chair watching tv by strapping her on but she kept complaining.
-_- Currently this chair is sitting in one corner collecting dust and also once in a while hurt our toes when we are not careful. -_____-
She prefers free style like this.
She likes to do 360 degrees turns while sitting on the floor.


When I show this photo to my mum, she interrogated me why I didn't give her a tiny blanket to hold while she sleeps... hmm...... to my mum's standard, I am not there yet. :P


We took Jasmine to the playground for the first time!! She didn't know what was happening when we play on the swing.

She enjoys the playground and especially the long slide! And the sea saw!

Playground round 2, she still doesn't quite get the swing game.

The sea saw was occupied so we couldn't play on it.

My milk supply is getting lesser. It is very very rare for me to get 5 oz per pump now. Very. very. rare. 


Can you see a missing corner on the box? Jasmine ate it. And, this.is.not.the.first.time.....
Jasmine has swallowed different types of paper. We were not quick enough to save it. 

On 22 Aug morning when I woke up for Jasmine, I found lumps on my left breast and it caused me to have a bit of fever. I was worried but I know it must be something to do with breastfeeding. I took leave to feed her in the morning as much as possible but the lumps are still there. I was worried and immediately knew I must see the famous Lactation Consultant at OUG, and we went on the 23 Aug! Because this Dr Koe is to famous, kind and reasonable, there's a long queue at her clinic.

It opens at 9am, nurse opens the door at 8.45am.. We were no. 9 in the line and we only finish by about 11.30am.





While waiting for our turn, we had breakfast at the opposite coffee shop. And next to our table is another parents with their son. We found out their son was born on the exact same day as Jasmine, just few hours earlier!

Anyway, we finally met Dr Koe. She was really as awesome as described. She gave some cream and medicine for Jasmine's diaper rash.. and advised me not to give formula before bed. So we stoppped. :) :)  And she only charged RM50 for consultation together with those cream. So reasonable!

We bought a billy bookcase in Ikea with Jasmine along.  Main reason why we need it is to store Jasmine's food and supplies in the kitchen (in the drum room).





Joshua and Jasmine finally gotten their visa to US!!

We have confirmed our trip to San Francisco at end of this year. With the help of our hommie Sylvia who works at travel agency as Senior Ticketing Manager, she helped us book ticket RM4k per pax. For Jasmine, her fare is RM1700. We can't imagine Jasmine on a long flight for 12 hours, so we really pray that she would behave well.

We also started packing for our San Francisco trip! Jasmine's jackets, jumpers, dresses, tights and socks.



We started feeding her water in sippy cup with a straw and she immediately could master the straw drinking skill!

If we take it away from her, she might cry... it depends.

She loves to pull out all magazines here and create a huge mess for me to clean up. So this is a very common sight.

Sometimes she got too close to the TV. She also managed to stand on the pouffe for a better touch of the TV. We told her no so many times... she couldn't stop doing it. One time she slipped and her face hit on the tv bench. Cried yes. 



Sometimes she can be very well behaved during dinner outside.
When she misbehave is when she tried to climb from high chair to the table!

She likes to pull out clean diapers one by one from the packaging. My mum calls her the custom officer. This is another common sight.

She has total 7 teeth! 4 upper and 3 lower. I am always looking out for the 4th lower teeth.



On 29 August, while Joshua was serving dishes at the dinner table, Jasmine suddenly clapped for him from her high chair! We were all really amused by that little trick! Turns out it was Lian who's been training her to clap hands! :D

We celebrated her first birthday on 30 Aug 2014, the day before Anne travel to UK. So her first birthday party, she has some friends over too. My mum and brother were also here to celebrate with us.


Special birthday outfit sponsored by grandma. All the way from etsy US. USD50 before shipping charges!! Ouch!!










I did simple decorations, u can see some polka dot flags I put on and another row of printed photos. :)

Soleless sandals for babies. -_-
Another common sight, chewing on my handphone.






That night, my mum witnessed Jasmine stood clapping hands!! Achievement!  She also started to shake her head, but she doesn't understand that means "No".

Sunday, she put on her another birthday outfit for church service. My mum bought at least 5 outfits for her together with at least 5 headbands and 2 pairs of soleless sandals.

Then we went to the airport. Ah Yee was going to UK for BAR!









Baby in the family. :) She is everyone's baby. I pray that God will bless my brother his own baby soon!!



When Ah Yee graduates, Jasmine will be 2 years old, running about...
One last family photo before boarding. :) See you soon Anne!



End of the month, poor Jasmine had some fever and contipation.. She didn't poo for more than 3 days so we were forced to give her Lactul so she could release...

We changed both car seats from rear facing to front facing. Jasmine didn't have difficulty getting use to it. :)

Jasmine found interest in chewing on a small handkerchief while crawling about! Like a cute little puppy!  And during bath time, she would be going for the small wet handkerchief too.


Happy birthday, my one year old Jasmine!! :)  That's a HUGE mildstone!!



No comments: