Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Mini milestones in his first month :) 2/4

15th Dec to 21st Dec

We went back for follow up appointment with Dr Rama on 15 December. Jasper was great in the car. Just sleep the whole way there.
First time putting him to sleep on the stroller. Regret that I still have not wash the stroller pad, sorry baby! But a layer of clean blanket shall do the trick? :P
When we arrived, there were about 3 or 4 patients before me. We took my lunch in tiffin carrier along so we quickly go to the cafeteria to eat my lunch, that was about 12pm. Joshua bought his lunch at the cafeteria itself. After we are done eating it was almost my turn to see doctor. Hurray to efficient use of time! Dr Rama didn't charge us consultation, so we only paid RM4.25 for hospital admin charges. We were home by 1.30pm!
Dr Rama said my stomach muscles are still very loose.. and I must wear the waist tie whenever I am moving about. I can remove it at night but during the day it is highly advised to kept it on. But it's so hot! I asked around, especially friends who slimmed down quick after delivery, most of them just endure the sweat and discomfort throughout the whole confinement or maternity. I guess I must try my best then....
While we were at the hospital, Anne and mummy took Jasmine to the indoor playground at Aeon Big again!
It's great to have such support.. so Jasmine won't feel neglected at all. In fact she received much more love.. because it's not just from daddy & mummy, but ah ma & ah yi.
They had lunch at Sushi King first, with the condition if she finish her food they bring her to playground. She ate them all. @.@

Next day, 16th December, we took Jasper back to Dr Koe for follow up. It's a weekday and we didn't think we need to be there before 7.30am like Saturdays. Also, we want to avoid the morning work traffic so we only left the house at around 9.30am. Bad call. We were very far behind in terms of the queue. So we waited in the car first............ and then we went in to the clinic to wait...........
 It was a long wait... from morning till 1pm. More than 2 hours.
Jasper was great, he just sleep only.
 Dr Koe finally came and assessed him. Apparently he's now weighing 3.45kg. That means he has gained approximately 37.5 grams daily in the past 4 days which is extremely good because usually newborns gain 20 grams a day. Praise the Lord!
Dr Koe didn't charge us a cent that day. She is such a good doctor.. no wonder the queue is always so long, including weekdays!

While we were away, Anne said Jasmine insisted to wear Jasper's mittens. Haha. 

Just as we thought Jasper was starting to sleep well at night, 17th December night he wakes up on average at every 15 minutes. I had to use the lie down method to nurse him to sleep so both of us can rest. I can only explain babies sometimes have mood swings too. Middle of the night Jasmine came to the big bed too. It's crowded. And morning Joshua took photos of us... I look like piggggggggg.


This is my stomach's loose skin and loose muscles. Jasmine saw me pinching and she would want to do the same too.
I listened to Dr Rama advice and really wore during the day. It's a torture but I tried to endure. 


Mummy gave me ginger bath on the 18th December! She's determined to do it again because she did twice for me the last confinement. These are all bentong gingers. 



I believe she blended them all, boil... and then squeeze out the ginger juice into a separate bowl.



After my bath, I will be instructed to get ready for ginger bath. Mummy put all ginger juice in a small pail in the back bathroom. I will take one small and one big towel with me. I stand on a big pail and start wiping myself down with the ginger soaked small towel. From neck down, as much as possible I rub rub rub and reuse the ginger juice instead of squeezing all out. I can see my neck etc all turned red... one thing I omitted was shutting the bathroom windows. Because my hair was still wet and all the exposure to moisture and little wind that comes through the windows, I was shivering when I finished the ginger bath! I wrapped myself up with the big towel sit at dining table without fan... I was shivering! Mummy kept asking whether I sweat.. I said no.. It's strange... I told Anne secretly maybe I just did it wrong and caught a cold. But after drinking some warm soup... I believe my body started to warm up again.. I started to sweat from my scalp, neck etc, Yeay!! I hope these sweats will help reduce the water retension in my body and make me slim slim slim! 

On 19th December, we spotted swollen boobs and red rashes over Jasper's chest. Anne has been making fun of his "flabby" boobs when bathing but we only got really worried when we saw that it was actually quite swollen and there were red rashes over them. 



Acts mummies group didn't think it was normal so we had to send him for check up again. It was a Saturday and it was too late to go to Dr Koe's and the Dr Liew clinic in USJ9 is already closed. Dr Jill (church friend) said it's not urgent case so can wait till Monday. So Monday 21st, we went to USJ 9 only to find that Dr Liew is closed. We then had to go to Pixie Clinic in Taipan. He is weighing 4kg.  I do not like Pixie Clinic, the doctor gave some simple advice about the swollen boobs... in conclusion - everything is normal and ok and not to be worried. The red rashes were already not there when we were at the clinic. Doctor said those red rashes sometimes will shift places around the body. Anyway all these cost us RM80!!!! -_- I don't like that clinic. 

Doctor also pointed out that Jasper is having some massive skin peeling which is normal for newborns. So another simple advice was to apply oil or cream.. and let him do more tummy time to strengthen neck muscles. 

I started hand express method where when Jasper was latching on one side, I express the other. The output was much more amazing. But I didn't continue because it's not easy to have an empty bottle next to me everytime I feed Jasper. My expressed output started off at 2 ounces a day to now 3-4 ounces a day. Just once I almost hit 7 ounces! Pray that I can store sufficient milk in freezer to exclusive feed Jasper for at least 6 months. 

Anne said, Jasper likes to be held in this odd position. -_- That makes our hands tired carrying him. 



He likes to yawn too. 

First time this week Joshua was able to rock him to sleep on his own. Another time Jasper fell asleep comfortably on his chest. :)  

Jasmine likes to observe us bathing Jasper. She stands on the yellow stool to watch and often insisted to help apply cream when we put on new diaper for didi.  

Siblings bonding time. Jasmine initiates it all the time.  



Mummy asked Anne to snap this photo for us when we all happen to sit on the same couch. :)  


This week Joshua said he felt Jasmine had too much energy to release in the house so he decided to send Jasmine to Lian as and when he can. I felt it's better for all of us adults, to have proper rest and can focus more on the new baby. It's only fair! He needs more attention from us isn't it? :)  And that's actually a good call.  

We could put him down on the play mat without worries that Jasmine will run him over.  




Although there are food deliveries, mummy still managed to keep herself rather busy in the kitchen. Even prepare morning & evening tea for me. :) 


Anne and Joshua did some siew yok, baked some butter cakes. 

And below is my double boiled dang gui soup which I will have twice a day. That's half chicken a day. 
Feeding while eating is so so so normal. And often when I get to sit down to eat, I'm eating cold food. 


Here's some amazing food mummy cooked for their meals which I only took a little bit for tasting. :)



This is the siew yok Anne and Joshua experimented on. 


There were much more food which were not photographed. We are conscious that we are taking lesser photos this time because we are mostly busy with kids, not just one baby.... -_- so I kept reminding Joshua to snap more. We hope we did enough. 

Lastly, I finally threw this hospital tags away. I thought of keeping them but I decided to DECLUTTER. 

I realised I forgot to keep his umbilical cord..... and when I saw Jasmine's, it has some weird brown powdery thing surrounding it... its quite disgusting. -_- 

No comments: