Thursday, August 31, 2017

Mini Milestones : Jasmine's 47th month

Early July Uncle Charles finally came to visit and we have a few family dinners together.

At Pyramid on Sunday afternoon, she fell asleep in the stroller and Jasper too.
She has lots of chats with Ah Ma over dinner in Puchong.




After the bak kut teh dinner in Sunway, she wanted to follow Uncle Charles home instead of us.

At home, in the living room, Jasper hit her with drum sticks, she cried and changed to sit on another sofa to watch tv but got hit again.

She said she wants to cook my stomach, tau fu and eat. She really pretended to eat. Then I shrunk my stomach on and off until she also figured out how to shrink her own stomach. Jasper also started lifting up his t-shirt to show his stomach.

Doing David & Goliath role play with daddy and Jasper again. I think Jasper is the lamb.

They were watching the gunther & rosita video on my phone, where she so sweetly put her hands over his shoulder. I was clearing the dining table and I see that Jasper started to switch places she said "you don't reject me ah" then she hugged him from behind. @.@
We watched Sing videos so much so, she could sing the rabbit song "oh my god, look at her butt"

4th July, I asked whether she pee in pants at Little Legends (if she doesn't then she get the reward i.e. M&M chocolate, cos she usually wait till last minute to go and end up too late). She said she didn't. But when I got home, I saw a pair of extra pants in the laundry bag. I asked her how come, she explained that is because Nathan poured water on her pants. The next day during drop off, teacher Mickee said Jasmine was also fast to explain to her that she changed pants not because she peed in pants, because teacher will not let her play with the toys if she pee in pants. :)

5th July, we were watching American Ninja Warrior, she asked Joshua whether he can do or not, Joshua said no because he didn't do enough exercises, Jasmine said "then after this you go exercise lah!" Haha.

6th July, we went for durian buffet but she didn't have appetite and was tired, just resting in double stroller. She had slight fever 37.5 that night. 
When we were finishing our durians, she wanted to eat but Joshua said no, because it's too heaty for her. So I promised her that when she's better, she can eat because we are buying some durians for Anne. 
7th July, before we leave the house, I let her play with the shiny ice cream stickers. She and Jasper both sticked them on my blouse, front & back. She gave Jasper those non-shiny ones because she doesn't like them. 

We were going to see doctor, she said she doesn't want injections, we were at Klinik Kecheeriaan, she saw Jasper on the nebs and said she doesn't want it. She was having a bit of allergic reaction, but strangely only on one eye. We were waiting to take her home to feed her Aerius. She cried and said she wants to sleep so she lied down on the bed to rest while we made sure Jasper finish through the nebs. 

8th July, I went for hair cut and she said multiple times that she likes my short hair. :) 
Also the plumber guy came, she still remember that he wants her to call koko not uncle. 

Complained that Nutrilite Vitamin C is sour and refused to eat. I forced her to eat and gave her water to drink after she finish the vitamin C. Clearly she's tortured by the taste so decided to return those and buy her Multivit instead. 

First ever homes in our house and Jasmine could host her friends in her room. Kara and Isabel both reads and they were quietly reading, Jasmine told me she can't read the words and so couldn't join them. She feels a bit left out. Poor girl

We went cycling and scootering at the SS12 park.
I miss this sort of outdoor activity instead of just theme park. They took turns going one round. She didn't like the scooter as it doesn't go straight and it's hard to control its direction. The bicycle, she can only cycle half circle so she moves about quite slowly. But we still had fun!
After that she said she wants to go to the playground.
At the playground, she hit her head on the bar when she climb up the green slide. We told her not to do it anymore, but she say she will still climb up but wull remember to bow low to avoid getting hit in the head again.

For our anniversary, we went for dinner at Burgertory, she said this is a good day.
Then she did some dances while Joshua was at the ATM machine.

Her bedtime reading, she took the bible story book and started reading on her own "Moses go into jungle, collect Noah's ark, there's stars and moon, thunder & lightning, and then the book (Ten Commandments), and read to the thunder." Then she saw the page of Goliath, she looked at me and said "Mummy this is Goliath!"

I want to start teaching her to read, with the first book of Peter & Jane, but it is so tough... she kept saying letter e is letter a. @.@ She's confused between H and Pt. Here and Peter. I was giving her so much pressure she was reading in tears.

Joshua read to her the story of King Solomon, then he asked her If God asked her what she wants, what will she answer? She said without much doubts "I want chocolates".

She said she wants to sleep on our bed but I said cannot. She then asked is it when no more lights then can?
She comes over at night but not every night. And not everytime she will request for milk. The days both kids were on our bed, they sleep like this, and so we have hardly any space to sleep on.

At 4am, she woke me up after she drank milk and said to me there's wolf. I told her it is so dark wolf cannot see her. She asked me "mummy are you strong?" I said yes then only she went back to sleep.
Next morning she told me she dreamt of 2 wolves and Goliath outsides of our house and I asked her whether it's a funny dream, she said it was scary.
Often when she see it's at night, she will ask us to pray that wolves won't come to us.

12th July, after we come back from LL, I was outside with Jasper looking at neighbour's dog, she was at home, climbed up the dining chair, reached for the bread, opened and started eating. She ate more than 1 slice, I had to stop her. Otherwise she won't be able to down her dinner.

We did some painting after dinner, I asked her what does her painting mean, she said there's love, elephant tree, a giant and a little boy.

One night when I wash her LL uniforms, Joshua took them outside to play catch and kick balls. They loved it.
She was excited to see these wooden chairs here at the back, still remember it was at Lian's house. And she happily drinks milk sitting on it.

Normal milk time before going upstairs.

Once she played with Jasper upstairs, she close the bathroom door, it's all dark without lights inside. We told her not to do that again.
Bath time, she always never fail to smile and pose for the camera. Very very good girl.

This is one night when Joshua just got home and we were all upstairs ready to sleep. She came here with Jasper following, screaming for daddy from upstairs. Even offered a blanket to pull him up. Haha.

We went to Strider at Jaya 33 with the mission to try out the Strider balance bikes but it was closed at 8pm! 
Went back again that week and managed to try out the balance bikes! She likes it a lot.
Equipped with helmet, she cycled out of the shop and kept on going forward, doesn't want to come back. Enjoying the freedom and independence.
We are discussing of getting one from Carousell, as her birthday present. Something I hope she can learn after our Sunway Lagoon annual passes expire.

I told her lets tie two pony tails one last time before cutting her short. So I tied it for her to go to LL before trimming her hair short, she wanted it short like Jasper's!

These are taken moments before trimming. She was doing her favourite activity, cutting paper!
Cutting non stop. Very focused. Just cut into small pieces and keep in a container.
Then cutting time!
One last cute curly effortless pony tail. :)
Tah dahhh!!! :)

Here she is the next morning. After major hair trim. She likes the short hair a lot.

                                          

This is one morning, I let her play with shower cap taken out from my dresser. She now likes to stand on stool and open my dresser drawer and takes things out and ask what are those things.

Sunday after service, after brunch in Summit.

15th July, she was bathing and so busy playing water. I changed into a t-shirt that I seldom wear at home, walked over to check on them, she saw me and said quickly "your t-shirt very nice!"  I suddenly feel like I have another grown up in the house. @.@

17th July, in the car, on the way to LL, she told Jasper "you drank moo moo cow at home just now, now this one is jeje one. At home one yours, this one jeje one. And this one is pink, boys cannot take pink."
Started to let her draw on notebook, she draws small items and also did a bit scribbling & writing.

We have movie nights this month! She watched Moana while having her nails done.
They slept on the mattress together in our room that night. :) First time!

We took the movie nights a bit far, we did somemore cartoon movies over weekends. We watched Frozen and she loved it. Then we watched Lion King. It was too serious and sad... that Jasmine cried when she saw Mustapha died.
She started to get violent towards Thomas the train, say it is dead, she killed it = "I die it already".
We asked what's her favourite part of the movie of Lion King, she said is when the bad lion throw the good lion down. Whatt??? Favourite??

She loves to pass to me rotan and my phone. So much so Jasper also follows this. And these wooden toys? Became her pretend sandwiches.


I wish she play more with the legos and not these cheap blocks.  
Jasper follows whatever things she do. :)
Still love sitting and playing in this rocker.
She seldom does stacking. This month only once randomly. 
And super proud that it didn't fall. Needless to say, Jasper always mess up her tower before could complete.

We dropped her and Jasper at USJ for a day, and when I went to pick up together with Joshua. Both of them came hugging me and she told me that she miss me so much.

Swim class enquiry, we were so excited to send her for Super Sharkz swim classes but we picked the trial class on 15th August because our Sunway Lagoon passes expires in early September. The classes are 8 in one session, for about RM230. Only allow to replace class once in 8 classes, mc also just twice apparently, they are quite to keep with the consistency so the child can finally learn to swim.

So we tried our best to go to Sunway Lagoon more this month, counting down to September, it's so stressful! Riding on merry go round with Jasper.
And the dinosaur ride, Jasper also riding with daddy.
Wagon wheels again!
We were only in for less than an hour, but glad we could hang at at the merry go round area, there's a playground, until 6.30pm.
Then went to Pyramid. They ate dinner here. We were also given a rose as promotion for some skincare products. She loves the red rose. :)
Met with Ah Yi's friend Ivy for dinner. See the roses? :)

Sunday Acts Kids, she the only kid who did the B.I.B.L.E with teachers!
I am so proud she is so cute here.


Sunday evening play water at the back with Jasper. Wearing t-shirt that's getting too short. Even her dresses are all getting too short.

LL teacher Mickee told us that she is quite weak in recognising ABC, a bit behind her class so she gave her extra practice during playtime.
We too started to teach her at home. Requires a lot of patience, first time she burst into tears too. Then we decided Joshua to do the teaching at home. I just pass her the abc cards, where she will sing the song and points to the alphabet.

She now prays before meal like a pro. Loud and confident.
She is doing a lot of "it's not funny" strict fierce face a lot at home... one day she just over did it when I laughed at her milk mustache. She refuse to give in and I kept asking her to stop it.. right until the second she suddenly change her facial expression back to innocent. I said like this only good. Why must you be so fierce and rude just now? She burst into tears.
She said she does it in LL too.
Later I found out from teacher, they do that when the boys laughed at them when they fall down or drop something.
So we told her to ask us when she is not sure when to be so fierce saying "it's not funny".

One day, Joshua was surprised that Jasmine was wearing LL t-shirt and pants when he went to pick up. Apparently water spilled in her bag and wet all her clothes, except for one panty. I was surprised to see her in this white outfit too when she got home, but can't deny she looks awesome in white!! :)

She's also been wearing the Minnie Mouse slippers to LL, she picked it herself. We used to call it Mickey Mouse, she came back and told us Alicia said it's Minnie Mouse. Oops.

As much as I can remember to, I asked her what's her favourite part of her day and her most unfavourite part of the day. And we will go around, taking turns. Joshua said the part he dislike the most was traffic jam to work. She asked "got traffic jam in your office?"

When we read her bible storybook, about Jesus dying on the cross, she remembers about communion. It was a Sunday where she was sitting with us and Anne allowed her to take the ribena & bread, so I told her she must know what it means if she wants to take it. So when chairperson prays, I explain to her one by one. She could still remember that we drink Jesus blood so we can go to Heaven. She keep repeating the concept of drinking the blood.

One very hot Saturday and we have a party to attend, I dressed both of them in white and give them their sunglasses. :D
Nathan & Natalie's birthday pool party!! She didn't really want to enter the pool, just enjoy playing with water guns.
Then it's time to eat, she eat so well. After that she plays on her own at the playground outside. Even when she's alone, she keep on repeat playing at the slide.
Birthday cake time. She always stand at the table and stare when it's time for kids to gather around to sing birthday song. :) This is so Jasmine. :)

Went to Aunty Barb's son's wedding, she saw flower girls march in.. and Joshua explained to her what they do and that when she grows up she can be one too. And then she told me that when she grows up, she wants to be a flower girl. I didn't like the idea, because flower girl is not an ambition! What if no one ever approach her to be their flower girl at wedding??

Jasmine uses the word "grown up", and said was taught by Teacher Mickee. She said fish is animal and we are human. When I say we don't wear shoes to swim because fishes never wear shoes. So she said I was wrong. Haha.

She talked about us growing old and she doesnt want us to grow old. Also asked me randomly "you don't want me to die right" I took the opportunity to teach her how to pray for God's protection.

She managed to pronounce Ah Ma and Ah Ma accurately. She loves the mini quiz in the car while we wait for Joshua to buy lights.

A very hot Sunday, they came out to help me with some gardening work. Pick up the flowers I trim, throw into the black bag. She's always so helpful.
And then I found a grasshopper on our wall, where she and Jasper got to observe before it hop off.
She likes to put flowers into the basket on her bicycle, and one day she realise it was cracked. She said her bike is broken, very sadly. I told her she will get a new bike at her birthday, in September. We already bought the RM275 balance bike and kept in drum room under the blue table.
She asked us to pick her up from LL, both daddy and mummy come together. I said ok we can do that on her birthday.

We caught the grasshopper after about a week or more, because I found it eating our wedding plant!!! Unforgiavable!!
We kept it in the container for 2 days, they got to observe it closely and see us feed leaves to it. But it pooped so much the container got really messy, we decided to release it at the back, hope it will never return. So this is a goodbye picture with grasshopper. 

Went to see Dr Koe this month, non stop cough and flu... anyway she's 12.5kg. Dr Koe said if her phlegm doesn't clear within 2 weeks, we have to go back to see her again.

Jasper had fever and didn't go to LL, that was Friday. She misses him! When she reach home from LL, they hugged each other happily.
31st July, she comes over to sleep midnight. I asked Joshua to take her down to sleep on the mattress instead to avoid contacting the fever from Jasper.

She is ready to drink milk from cup in LL. I figured the milk bottles are quite dirty if keep using. I wrote in the book but teacher didn't follow... when she came back she told me no cup with disappointment.

29th July, Ethan's birthday party. She played at the pool but picked the smallest one. She rather collect the mini broken water balloons than splashing water. She even asked me to help her keep when her hands were full.

30th July, we went to Klang service because Joshua is serving there, they not enough drummers. She kept explaining to Jasper in the morning that Ah Yi and daddy went to church.
When we arrive and sending her into acts kids, she refused to go in so I had to stay with them the whole time. She will keep asking me to stay with her.

She calls her new doll "baby Ava".
At Baby Ava's 100th day old party with helium balloon!
She played with helium balloons and got one home. In the car she hold on to the helium balloon so tight with fear that it will fly away.

3 family photos taken this month. Not bad! Although not everyone looks at the camera.... but good effort, keep it up!

No comments: