Monday, August 28, 2017

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 20th month

Jasper Jasper.... he used drumsticks to hit Jasmine even after we beat his hands. After Jasmine switched place, he still hit her. -_- He doesn't seem to fear being beaten but he started to cry only after we kept the sticks.
So I guess, the way to deal with him is to take away what he loves.

Uncle Charles came back Malaysia for a short visit.  So he met him but not much reactions. He doesn't remember. :) We did went out for few meals together with the big family, relatives, grand aunties and cousins. :)
He sneaked out with Joshua to take this photo at the Game Of Thrones roadshow at Pyramid.
Then fell asleep in stroller while the adults were talking, buying ice creams and pretzels.
So glad I got the lady bird pillow to let him use, otherwise it's very uncomfortable to sleep in such a small seat.


He asked Joshua to move when he was going around in the yellow ride, Joshua was shocked to hear Jasper say "Move".



He likes to challenge the limits esp when I told him not to touch the stand fans.
He likes to press the buttons on both table and stand fan. When I didn't allow him to touch those buttons by placing my hand over it, he said "no" while trying to push my fingers away. Including holding his cup where he drinks from!

When he sees Jasmine drink UHT milk in morning, he now will ask for one for himself too. So we started to give him the same, the cartoon 125ml one, but he is not able to finish all. Once he even spilled in the car, all over his pants and car seat because he played with the straw (taking it out and try to put back). Worse, it's chocolate flavour. -_-

We started to give Nutrilites vitamin C to them, when we remember we give daily. He loves it and will ask for more, even try to grab Jasmine's one.

6th July, ate 1 dulas of durian himself happily when we were at the durian buffet.
After that he prefer the cerelac snacks that Lisa was offering.

7th July, in the morning he played with stickers and stick it all over my blouse front and back together with Jasmine. I didn't realise that I went to work with stickers all over my blouse, it took 2 colleagues (1 in morning in pantry, 1 during lunch outside) to help me remove all. I have all the stickers now put on my notebook, to remember my cute chidren when I'm in office. :)

8th July, morning he came down from the bed, saw me lying on the mattress, he called "mama!!" and came over to lie down next to me.

For 2 nights, he fell asleep in car and even slept through us taking him upstairs, wipe face, change diaper and change into pajamas.

This month he vomitted in kitchen, in 3 let outs. Each time he vomit something out, he will take a few steps backwards. It's an instinct.

We took him to play at McD playground, there was a kid in front of him on the slide blocking, he kicked the kid.

He followed Joshua when Joshua pat my backside.
Also imitate Ah Yi to do head swing.
When Jasmine got her head hit and came over for comfort, he too came over with his hand on the head.
He follows jeje, passes me my phone or rotan, whenever he has access to it.
Come hug my feet when jeje come hugging.

We went to the playground to do cycling and scootering. Both of them took turns. Jasper doesn't know how to use the scooter, he just stands on it while we push him forward.
Next to it is the playground, to which they both ended up playing at. Jasper follows Jasmine whenever she move to the next ride eg. from swing to the slide.
This is another time both of them were dancing while waiting for Joshua to withdraw cash from ATM machine.

One Sunday in church I wore a very very old brown belt, he pulled and broke it.

9th July, he woke up at 1am and then woke again for another 5 times after that, for nen nen. I was so exhausted that I am planning on how to stop breastfeeding.
I started to give him 3 scoops instead of 2 scoops of formula into his bedtime milk.

12th July, he was in skyroom and then suddenly started to cry, we suspect his finger was trapped under the door.

He is saying lots of words now : Bika (biscuit), Mmka (moo moo cow), Api (open), Shoo Shoo (pretend to feed us soup soup), shhik (sit), shhja (shui jiao)
And he finally calls me "Mummy" :) Also calls daddy and Ah Yi loud and clear.
Kaka (wake up)
Will grab our hand or pull our t-shirt and drag us to follow him, saying "go go!" (lets go).

I've been using and have over-used the Sing's youtube videos to get him to finish his dinner. To the extent he will dance when I play the "shake it off" song and pretend play piano/guitar.
This is often when we say no to something. 


Bedtime, he pretended to sing while holding on to a rolled up paper, which Jasmine pretended it was her treasure map.
Whatever jeje plays with, is cool. 
Including using cup to fill water during bathtime. 
He often refuse to leave the bathroom, until I threaten with rotan, or take him out by force.
This is one night, when Joshua came home late. Both of them ran there to call him loudly.

12th July, still gets up many many times at night.

We went to Strider to test out the balance bike.
First time we were too late, the shop was closed. :(
Second time we went early. Jasper enjoys riding on the bike, equipped with helmet.
Few times he didn't move and just throw the bike down and walked off. But when see jeje move forward, he is determined to try too.
He is slowly getting the hang of it by the end of the trial.

Joshua started to train him to walk down the stairs on his own. I will still prefer to carry him down, to minimise the risk of him falling...

He likes to play open and close the baby gate at the kitchen entrance. I said so many times "no" he ignores. Until I had to lock him out. I didn't want him to play open and close the door because there are sharp metal edges at his eye level. It's risky that he might get hit in the eye... or his little feet too. He cried at the gate till mucus all over his face, while I was just busy making milk. -_-


Morning before going to Little Legends.Sometimes he sleeps till it's time to go. Sometimes he's up earlier than Jasmine. And they start to play in the room while I will be busy getting ready.
And he loves playing with this blue box, empty it and either put it over his head or sit in it. 

Teacher say he often asked for more oats, even after he finished it. So I started to pack 5 scoops instead of 4 scoops.

Pastor Sarah said he had rashes all over his face after eating vanilla cake in LL, we are still not sure what ingredient he is allergic to. When I pick him up, the rashes were no longer there.

This is during pick up.
He will be so excited, dashing out to get his shoes and need my help to wear it.
And he rushes to explore the surrounding. 
His favourite is hiding behind the Noah's ark board and peek out from the little window. Or hide in it and wait for us to come get him. He plays with it so frequent until the wave board was pushed down by him. 

We occasionally will be at the fence to look for the neighbour's dog when we come back from LL, he doesn't want me to carry anymore, he insist on coming down from my arm to look over the fence that at his nose level, point and said "there".

I showed him how a dog breath, with the tongue sticking out. He tried to imitate and got shy.

Hair trim this month. I still don't dare to make the tail at the back thinner, so I just trim the fringe, and cut the back a little bit.
Much better now he doesn't turn back to look at me that much.

He saw jeje do water colouring, and he wanted to do too. When I gave him, he only wanted to play with water, refuse to put the brush down on paper to start colouring.

13th July, he woke up due to wet pants as diaper not worn properly. He was very unhappy, cry even though I have removed the wet pants.

When he came over as usual at night, he latched on and fell asleep. He got up again at around 4am, asked for nen nen again. I made formula for him, while Jasmine waited for her turn (she too wants to drink nen nen). Then at 6am, he got up again and asked for nen nen!! I said sternly no more. Gave him pacifier and he refused. He was crying angrily and started to stomp his feet. I insisted no. I walked out of the room, to skyroom to switch off the fan, when I came back I saw him already with pacifier in his mouth trying to sleep. Hmm... looks like this can be easier than expected.

Jasper sleep talks. It's really fun to see his sleep talk series.
14th July, at 4am, he sleep talk "car".

15th July, we went to Sunway Lagoon.
Finally we saw Jasper ride on the flying dinosaur for the first time. He went 2 rounds, sitting next to daddy.
Our annual pass will expire on 9th September. We dont have plans to renew it unless we do it for Jasper's sake... cos first half of the year, he was still a baby. :) 
Later we went to Pyramid, he was given a rose, as promotion for some skincare products. He swings it all around and use it to wipe floor. The rose was destroyed.

Acts Kids - whenever I'm in, he's very clingy, almost always want to sit on my lap.
But he likes Teacher Joan.

If he had waved at daddy on the way to Act Kids, whenever he hears the worship team from Acts Kids Room, he will tell me "Daddy!" After Acts Kids, he gets to play with the drums of course.
This is another time where it's first time daddy follow them in. 
Heard he felt so bored he started taking out his toys from the bag to play.
And did this.

Evening, we didn't plan to let them play water, but they were so engrossed and never fight. So I let them continue till it's almost dark. He just sat down and used toothbrush and scoops to stir the water. Stir, pour, refill, repeat.

Another night, weekday night, they play catching balls at the back.
He was really excited about going after the ball, or catching the ball.

17th July, in the morning, he saw an orange scoop at a corner under a chair and he kept shouting "koo! koo! koo!" I didn't know what he meant until I saw the scoop. I picked it up and passed to him.

Did some clean up at the front garden where Jasper was the hero showing off his cute tummy, going around helping to pick up leaves.
Truth was it was too hot and he was wearing long sleeves, so we took out his pants when he slept in playpen. After the nap, we took out his top to come out.
And we found a grasshopper. They got up close and personal with it.

About a week later, we caught the grasshopper because it ate our wedding plant's leaves! Joshua put it in a transparent container. Jasper can't stop laughing at it and kept hopping about with joy.

Next day, they took final photos with it, before Joshua release it. We can't accept the grasshopper poop.... it's quite a lot and messy. 

We finally switched his car seat in Forte to front facing.
We started the drawing in small notebook habit for both Jasmine & Jasper in the Forte. Jasper is quick is following, when he sees jeje draw, he will also demand for it "doh doh doh"

We went to Mr DIY, he was destroying things, pulling stationeries down from the shelves, breaking up the packaging. It's scary.
These are the toy cars in Summit, where he loves pretending to drive. He hops on to another car pretty quickly.

20th July, I started the plan : Jasper's first time wake up, I feed him on the chair and put him back into the cot. Then 2nd time onwards, it's Joshua to attend to him by making formula milk for him to drink in the cot. He then sleeps till morning.

He used to love to eat apples but this month he is not showing much interest in it anymore.

In the car seat, when we are going down slope, he also knows how to exclaim "wwwwooooowwww!"

He sings his own songs "oh... daddy..." "oh... jeje..." it's so frustrating that he sings so well until we take out the phone to snap video, he stops.

Calls loudly with eyes closed "daddy!" in car seat. He does that to me and Ah Yi too.
Took stool to kitchen, step on it, look at the sink and say "wow" smiling. :)

Before we left for Nathan & Natalie's birthday party! Both wearing sunnies because it's so hot!
I love that Joshua captured the cheeky two!
It's a pool party and Jasper didn't get wet, because he didn't want to enter the pool. He sat on the car float for a very short while and wanted to come out.
After that was eating and then playing at this playground.
He loves the fish biscuits but insist on holding the cup himself, spilled one cup, no big deal, get another one, hahaha.
Just before they sing birthday song. :)
See? He loves Teacher Joan.
That evening we went to Aunty Barb's son's wedding. So tiring....

Another weekend was Ethan's birthday party. Also pool party, so needless to say we didn't bother changing him into swim wear. 

First time at Acts Klang Acts Kids because Joshua serves there. It was me and them driving Serena to Klang. Such an adventure.... Jasper cried when I drop him off at Acts Kids so I was there with them throughout.... very very different acts kids here. 

26th July, he vomitted on our bed. Thank God for the mattress protector that mummy bought from Lazada.
Took him to see Dr Koe, we are worried another round of lungs infection.
He weighed 10.8kg and thank God lungs are clear.

Plays with Thomas the train. One hand holding the remote and kept pressing randomly and then go after the train.

Fell off Ah Yi's bed backwards when playing.
Again 29th July morning, he fell off bed again.
And Hit his head at the dining table.

He reads on his own!
During Jasmine's workbook time, he does colouring.
And when he gets bored, I let him explore the stationeries caddy. He takes out everything.
Only one item I keep, are the scissors. Sometimes I forget!
He plays blocks with Jasmine too especially during weekends, I wish they do more duplos!
I improvised his toys, making it 2 in 1, by tying the frog pulley to his yellow ride. He ride and kept looking back. :)

First movie night in our room! I think we watched Moana.
No snacks at all just pillows and blankets.
Jasper fell asleep on his own before the movie finishes.
Special night of sleeping on the mattress with jeje.

He asks about daddy, when I explain that daddy went to church, he replies "oh" calmly

Baby Ava's 100 days old party where he plays with helium balloons for the first time

28th-29th, he caught fever again on Friday. Joshua was home with him, initially was to keep him home to ensure his earlier vomit symptoms bacteria won't spread to other kids in LL. Fever was cleared on 30th but on 31st it came back!
On 28th, he realises that jeje is not home and he had all the toys to himself, he asked for this and that.
But of course he misses jeje, when she came home, he happily hugs her.
On both 30th and 31st, at night he vomits out his dinner just moments after he fell asleep. Vomitted on my body and onto towels/blankets that I had prepared. He sleeps on layers of towels and surrounded by napkins and blankets.
31st which is Monday, he stayed home with Anne while Joshua and I went to Sunway Lagoon. We had planned this outing for many months and on my side, if I don't proceed, I may not get another chance to go off, without deducting annual leave.
Anne said the whole day his appetite was not good and he had very few wet diapers...........

This is the sweetest photo captured this month. :) My babies. 

And family photo taken on our anniversary. Not the best.... but we tried lah. :) Hope we can get better family photos again!







No comments: