Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 21st month

1st August, morning when we checked his diaper, we were shocked that his diaper had remained dry for 12 hours. So Joshua took him to see Dr. Liew. The nearest paed.

Dr Liew did a blood test for him for RM120 and thank God it's not dengue, but found out he has low iron in his blood. He says Jasper is only having viral fever and gave the same old medicine, panadol. Jasper spends the second half of the day at home with Ah Yi.

2nd August, I worked from home, he's very sticky and clingy, until I had to use the ergo carrier while drying clothes from the washing machine. He kept on turning back and forth to see how I dry them.

He is now very good at taking medicine, only occasionally tries to run away.

When I am at home working, he kept coming to me, pull my hand or my pants to follow him saying "koh kouuu!" (Let's go). If I don't move, he cries and rests his head on my lap, and he doesn't even care when his head hit the dining table.
His very usual behavior is pulling our hands to walk around saying "koh kou!!" or pushes us from behind. Very insistent.

I tried putting him in the playpen to watch TV so I have time to work, he kept on screaming and jumping until I carry him out.


At homes, he kept getting himself knocked against the table, like his eyes. He too fell off the wooden and. and got his head knocked. Urgh!

We went back to Muar.
He says "Ah Ma" while pointing at her when we asked him where is Ah Ma.

Likes to put this rubber into his mouth, so we need to watch closely to make sure he don't....

He had a ball game with Ah Ma and Jiu Jiu.

When he sees Jolene, he says "Baby" and chuckles.
Playing in Muar, he passes crayons to Jiu Ma and take back.
Likes to play being carried up high high high with Jiu Jiu, always waiting for his go after jeje.
He calls Ah Ma, Jiu Jiu and Jiu Ma loud and clear.

I am getting very tired of him being clingy to me, kept on asking for nen nen.
He will start waking at 12.30am, then 3.30am and kept crying for me, refusing bottles.
After he drinks one side, he will sit up and said "sheh sheh" to drink another side. It's tiring especially he can do that 3-4 times!
When he was already sleeping next to bed, and asked for milk again, I will ask him to roll himself into the right position to drink, he knows how to slide himself downward.
One time he got up nearly morning, he was already sleeping next to me, still cry but I ignored him. He slept himself. We think he can soothe himself to sleep but his preference is no. We are really planning on how to wean him off the night milk. But it requires lots of energy from us. -_-
Once I rocked him to sleep although he asked for nen nen. Only once, guess he got smarter!
Once midnight I heard him calling from his cot, not much crying but calling mummy and then calls daddy too.
One midnight I couldn't sleep because it's so cramp so I slept on the floor mattress, he woke up and wanted milk again, came down from the bed, took my phone and came to me.
The other funny thing is we heard him sleep laugh again! for like 5 seconds. Wished we had a video of it.

On Monday nights when the beds are lifted up my maids to clean the floors, he will have access to this cabinet.

He knows basic body parts. Joshua has been teaching him.
Also I am teaching him how to say I love you. He imitates very well. He calls elephant "efafa".
When we read Peter & Jane book 1a, he reads out loud the words "dog" and "ball" when I point.
He doesn't mind taking the Nutrilite Vitamin C that Jasmine finds sour.

When he takes a bit of milk or bread at home, in LL he will not finish his breakfast. Sigh. But when he sees Jasmine get the bread, he wants some too.
He managed to pull the forte dock to unlock the door twice even after we buckled him up. That's when I was reversing out of the house, so I had to come down and lock the door again. Ever since that, I had put both doors on child lock.


Searching for neighbour dog, refuse to be carried by me, insist on peeping over the fence himself.

We received negative reports of his behaviour in Little Legends. Teacher said he pushes Zephan. I suggested to teacher to not give him his 5pm milk when he provokes other kids again. But it didn't work much... Teacher said he seem to worry for the first time, then the other teacher didn't know and gave him the milk still. After that he just lose the fear of no milk.


We also started to enforce time out at home, when he provokes Jasmine or snatches her toys after multiple warnings.
This guy, we can't explain his behavior. He throws my phone on the floor for no reason.
He throws biscuits on the floor too, we had to make him pick up every piece, which is also very hard.
He also puts all sorts of thing into his mouth to chew, even after being warned. I flicked and he only cries sometimes. Sometimes he could take the pain.

Sunway Lagoon, we try to learn the animals this time, before our passes expire.
Sit down to observe the swans swimming in the lake.


Scorpions.

The rides that are kid-friendly.
Maybe after 5 months we will renew, maybe not. But if I decide to renew, it will be more for Jasper. :) Because in the beginning when we had those passes, he was still so young! He wasn't even 1 yet. 

We went for dinner at Boran, he fed himself all his dinner and even ate some white rice from my plate. It's rare that he eats so well.
He also likes to eat bread, climbs up the dining chair to reach the bread, asked us to open, when we give him, he passed a piece to jie jie first. Wow, we were impressed!
He saw Ah Yi eating bread with Nutella, he climbed up and point said "big" he wants a big piece. Haha.
He plays with duplo and we hear him try to count 1 2 3 and the duplo that has a window, he says "window" too.
He likes to sing the peel banana song one day, but he stoppped once he sees us trying to video.

19 August, we bought for him new pair of H&M shoes for RM50, it's part of his page boy outfit.

Managed to make him look great in the overalls that Ah Ma bought months ago and the white shirt that Teacher Joan handed down. Yeay!
Complete page boy look. He's ready to rock & roll!


This is when they both got pink balloons from Sunway Pyramid.

When I feed him milk, I asked him pls who? He always say pls mummy or pls mama, but when he's cheeky he says pls daddy or pls ah yi.
He don't call "wow wow" that much these days. He calls it the right word "dog".
This is the normal cry look.
And sticky to me, while I make him bedtime milk.
The typical grinding teeth face when he geram and Jasmine always thought he's going to bite her.

Teacher updated on 22nd August that he pulled out his own hair, about 4-5 hair and did twice!
Snatches toys from Elijah, time out on the high chair... he kept shouting teacher by name "Pei Pei" loudly to which the teacher ignored, but the other kids started calling her by name. Oops.
Loves to eat durian!
He answers to our questions "orh" or "mm".
He asked "Ah mummy?" (where is mummy), after Joshua or Anne answers he will say "org".
He started to baby talk like adult talk, to which we couldn't understand.

Milk time, Jasmine does attention for him.

23rd August, he fell off the bed while playing on the bed and tried to reach for the tortoise on the floor. So he fell head down an got a big bump on forehead.

We took them to playground only about once or twice this month, we should do it more often!

See daddy fly drone for the first time.
Bed time reading together with jeje and daddy.
Different book different place. Jasper likes to read so far.


One Friday morning, he pooped in his sleep so so so bad..... that it stained our bed!! It's so so bad that Joshua didn't dare to snap photo of what we found under the diaper. We had to remove the sheets after changing him. And I couldn't sleep on my part of the bed.
He did another time in his cot on Sunday morning but not as bad as the first time.
He just has very runny poop from Friday to Sunday.
That Saturday, he only woke up at 6am. we thought maybe Joshua said to him many times cannot come to our room at night. That Saturday I fell sick.

He sings along to kids song very well, says "wait wait wait" together with jeje with the hand signs when they watching youtube and there's an ad.

He can only feed himself when he watched sing videos and we tried to do away with that. So Joshua tried to read to them and it worked. He feeds himself when daddy reading his favourite book.

Bay Jolene was at Subang Jaya!

This is the night (29 August) he played with jeje in the living room and then we discovered her wheezing and sent her to SJMC emergency. 
We all went to the hospital emergency together, I ergo-ed him because he was already asleep but he woke up when we were there and wanted to come out of it.
This is when he sees Jasmine undergo-ing the nebulizer treatment.
And he runs around barefoot because we forgot his shoes.
Plays with the curtain.
Here they are trying to read books while waiting to be admitted.
That night he stayed home with daddy, first night woke up at 6am, cried and threw tantrum looking for me. After realising I am not in, he drank milk from bottle and slept himself.

Next day he went to LL. After that in the evening, he came to visit jeje.
Eats jeje's food provided by the hospital.
When we asked him to sayang jeje in the hospital, he said "sorry" instead. He mixed up sayang and apologise.
He calls water "tuh tuh".
Lisa came to visit and suddenly Jasmine wanted to wear & pose with her sunglasses. Jasper followed whatever she did. 

Second night at home with daddy, he woke up 3 times - 12am, 12.30am and a later time. Cried till he vomit on his own clothes and my pillow case. Sigh.

3rd day morning came to hospital and we went out for a walk at the shops.


He will come to me and say "baymax" (may meh) and does the fist bump his cute way.
Started to answer "no" firmly to our questions now eg do u want to eat bread?
He kept climbing up and down the hospital bed, it's so high that when he tries to come down, he fell hard and cry. But he still does it.
He pours some biscuits on the floor when I said cannot eat anymore, he still picks up to eat.

3rd night, I swapped with Joshua to stay home with him. at home he kept feeding me mangoes. He eats both guava and mangoes happily.

No comments: