Jasmine's first AKHP! I feel so sad that I can't be there to witness her performance on the last day on 1st Dec 2017. Had to be home with Jasper who had stomach flu. So Joshua attended, took photos and lots of videos!
Jasmine is like the only girl of her batch and I purposely let her wear striking colours to stand out. Hehe. She did very well at the performance, followed through the whole song although some actions were small to notice, but she did it all !
She is really a funny girl, she made us call her "super day!"
The first weekend of December Ah Ma was in Subang Jaya. I made them re-do the LL performance for Ah Ma to see, she has forgotten most of the actions even though we play the exact same song on youtube.
When they sit down to eat snacks and looking at Jasper's birthday present i.e. the ball, she calls him "eh birthday boy!" :)
That evening, we took them to the playground. Jasper went first with daddy. Jasmine came with me later (we walked) after she helped me with the housework.
She helped me to take in the clean clothes. Saw me do the dishes in the kitchen and then she helped me to pack the milk powder for LL.
At night, I took only her with me to Subang Parade, with the mission to buy new sandals. She complained that the pink crocs is tight and the minnie mouse slippers is also a bit short without enough grip. So we went to the shoes shop near Uncle Lim, browsed through all the shoes, I asked her how she find it, she called the shoes "interesting" and that she prefers the coloruful designs more than the plain one. Half way through, she had to pee -_- and while waiting for her turn outside the toilet, she danced. Haha.
Anyway finally we found the pair of sandals nice, right size and right price at Bata! RM28 for pink polka dot velcro closure sandals.
She came home and asked daddy how did Jasper do with drawing or colouring while we were away. Daddy said "not bad".
She said "oh then good lah" and did a small clap.
She made us all laugh.
(this is another time when she couldn't stop dancing and posing during bathtime and I had to call Joshua to come snap some pictures, she posed more when she knows she's on camera).
One morning, she woke up and shouted "mummy mummy it's Christmas!!"
I think she had a christmas dream.
Rocking out milk mustache!
New dress from Uniqlo (Ah Ma bought) and she was happy to put it on and pose for the camera.
5th Dec, workbook after dinner, Chinese words. She writes down the answer in the box by looking at the word and trying to copy, she was very observant with the dots and strokes. Which one is longer and which one is not.
When we did maths, which number is smaller, she happily knows 20 is smaller than 23, I asked why, she said because it is just twenty only. Haha. I think this is tembak? Because most times I felt that she was just giving random answers, especially when it's too wrong to be reasonable.Eventhough doing workbook was a pain, when I asked her whether she wants to do workbook or play chalk drawing at the back, she happily picked workbook! :D
Another time she did workbook to match English words to picture, and copy the answer over. She did very well. There were about 10 questions. Letter by letter she wrote nicely, and I felt that she has improved a lot.
So yes Spiderman. Joshua had to stop the movie half way so that I can take her to sleep.
She couldn't sleep, and said she wants to pray for Spiderman. Her prayer was so that he can be better at running, the bad guy will die, his friends will be safe and Spiderman will win. And then said she doesn't want to dream of Spiderman. I gave her the butterfly book (for a short while it was her favourite) to sleep next to her.
Also, this first week of December, she preferred to use my bolster to sleep instead of her own. -_-
One day I told her that Jesus is the shepherd She said no he is the son of God. I said he is also the shepherd. We searched the bible book (really woolly) together for the picture of shepherd, as we were searching, she know which one I was looking for and pointed it out before I could. And said proudly that she has sharp eyes.
This girl, one day she was peeing in toilet, rolling the toilet paper (tried to roll it back nicely) but the whole roll fell to the floor, she cried so loud.
I introduced to her the game of snake and ladder and tictactoe.
She is not really getting it but some exposure should be good. She cried with tears when she lose the snake & ladder game! She said she wants to win.
We celebrated Jasper's birthday at LL after their nap time. Jasmine joined too.
The whole time she puts her hand on Jasper's back, such a supportive sister.
We had some struggles about putting up with LL's increased fees for 2018 - 10%! and the increasing cases of HFMD and stomach flu and influenza A... and the plan to move to Summit... so we went searching. Actually me and Yee See, went to see Real Kids, Smart Readers, Summer Academy and Eden.... We love Summer Academy the most, it is only RM100 more expensive than LL. We discussed and discussed and ask ourselves what is the end goal, which school will she go to after LL? SRJK or VA?
If she goes to Summer in 2018, disconnected from LL friends, make new friends and eventually we sends her to VA, it will be another disconnection and reconnection. Will be so heart breaking.
We are leaning towards sending to VA, but we worry the emphasis on Chinese will be insufficient, so we came up with the solution that I provide tuition to maybe 3 other kids at the same time. Make some extra pocket money and she will have more motivation from friends too.
But our focus in 2018 will be for her to learn to read English words first. Please Jasmine please learn to read k? Then only we can do a soft start to learning Chinese.
In terms of music, I hope that can start drums in 2018 although Joshua had the concern that she is still too small for our adult drum set. Start piano lessons in 2019? Maybe to buy her a keyboard as birthday present in 2018?
But for sure I want her to learn to swim in 2018. She is already improving in the balance bike so I think swimming should be the next one on the list. After that maybe join Sporty Kids to learn other sports that require team work!
9th December, Christmas Homes at Andrew & Laura's.
10th December, Acts Family christmas party at Kids E-world. She played a while with Teacher Ashley who stopped serving at Acts Kids.
She apparently really misses her and that night told me to pray that Teacher Ashley will come back to Acts Kids. :)
The dinosaur should be Jasper's and the doll belongs to Jasmine. I think so.
She tries to reads to Jasper whatever she interpreted from the pictures. :) See that pants worn up high, I did it, I think it's just really cute. She finds it funny.
11th December TTDI park, with the Kongs.
We took their bikes there and Jasmine went so fast & quickly ahead of us, she was mostly with Daniel Kong. We were slow because we had to wait for Jasper and keep encouraging him.
Then we found a place where we want to stop to play some outdoor games.. I brought Jasper's ball but they couldn't play long.
And as always, they end up playing at the playground.
So much sweat, look at this happy girl.
Just as we were leaving, it rained! We actually had to run to take shelter. And I made Jasmine ride her bike to the nearest shelter while we carry the stuffs and Jasper.
The daddies went to take the car in the rain eventually.
We had lunches together before we said goodbye.
Somehow we always end up hanging out with the Kongs. It's not a bad thing, but the boys seemed to always play on their own, not really involving my kids, which is weird. Oh well.
We have a new morning routine in the house. No more moo moo cow, but cheese and bread!
Sometimes they want only cheese, sometimes only bread. ;)
Some mornings, like this one, she just randomly wants to wear dominos hat to school.
Christmas is coming, so why wait anymore? Set up the tent, christmas tree and christmas lights in the living room, and partially to be ready for Jasper's birthday party.
Immediately that night I set up the tent and lights, we had the lights switched off for quite some time, so they can enjoy the magical lights. Jasmine took quite some toys to put in the tent.
This is the next morning, before going to school, they had to come in for a while.
One of the countdowns activities is buy ornaments. We went to Empire but the choices were really limited. I just focused on getting the cheaper ones and get them to pay for it themselves. Jasmine under my suggestion has picked a silver flower ornaments, to add to our tree!
16th Dec, Jasper's birthday party at home!
Before the party I made her take the countdown envelope, but she didn't want to. I threatened her that I will take down the countdown, means we won't countdown anymore, she said ok. That made me really angry. Note to self, do not use the threatening to the kids, they most of the time will take it even better than you!!
So after the party Joshua spoke to her, she said she was not happy because Jasper had crumpled the envelope and the card. -_-
We invited a total of 10 kids, which inclusive of our kids.
Lisa was the first to arrive, almost always the first. She likes to hang out with Jasmine
She also got to help blow one of the candles.
Eating at the kitchen with all the kids. Jasmine is the oldest of all the kids, except Jerome and Zach Zach who is 6 to 7 months older.
Magic show by daddy. She's seen the tricks before.
Group picture. I think next year I have to start planning parties outside of our house, esp Jasmine's party.
After the party, we attended Anna Ling's party at Kids E World.
She and Jasper played almost the whole time here.
For Christmas presents for her friends, I had bought the playdoh that has about 10 in it, for her to give to her favourite friends and maybe buy chocolates for her teachers.
But one day, she just suddenly said to us that she wants to bake cookies for everyone at Little Legends. @.@ And that's how plans changed, we delegated baking to Ah Yi.
17th Dec, at night, we talked about listen to mummy. I told her when mummy say come, you come. Say don't jump, then you don't jump, otherwise you may start wheezing and we have to send you to the hospital. She went on to start talking about how she doesn't like the hospital. Because she won't be able to come home, and she will miss her bed. And how the nebulizer takes so long each time, she can't do anything. And her right hand will have the big needles, which was painful and she can't move the hand much. It's really amazing how she can remember so much details of the experience.
Bake a few batches until finish. I helped too. Then come packing time. Next time have to buy more packing sheets from Daiso.. We ran out (from the leftovers Anne have) and used the wrong type of sheets to pack the remaining.
I helped her write names for her teachers and friends, some blanks for the names she may have forgotten to mention.
Total 40 bags!
In the morning she was so excited about distributing them, she shouted as she walks into LL, "I got presents for everyone!"
And this is the satisfied face when I pick her up. She is so proud and happy she shared her cookies. Teacher said she was very excited about giving everything out.
Sunday evening she spoke a bit of Chinese - wo hai yao pasta.
She also could say "wo hen gao xing... " because I kept saying those to her.
Sunday, we forgot to bring her acts kids bag thus she had no water bottle with her. She had to ask for water from Jade (not enough) and then went to Actspresso to ask water from Sam and Amelia on separate times. I made her ask them herself, because I want her to learn to be responsible for her own bag.
Next day, Monday on the way to LL she asked me whether I remember her bag. I praised her for reminding me about it and assured her that her bread & water are all in.
I told her next time we should get Jasper to do the same.
She said "I will teach Jasper because I am big girl already".
Photos with balloons from Jasper's party.
One very funny night, with only yellow lights in her room, she was about to sleep but suddenly wanted me to cut her skin on one finger. I took the nail clipper and accidentally cut too deep into her flesh, but there were no bleeding because I didn't press too hard. She immediately felt the pain and switched channel told me "mummy better already no need to cut" and rolled back to sleep.
We opened the Ikea easel board as one of the countdown activities, she drew angels, ocean and christmas tree on it together with daddy.
Christmas at Sunway Pyramid, take pictures with Santa & post on facebook entitles us to free gifts.
I am fine if she doesn't like Santa, I think it's the least important detail of Christmas. But free gift, why not!
She got girly key chain. And she uses it to play at the display car tracks. I love it that instead of feeling left out and demanding for a car like other kids there (you can buy on the spot but the selections were not that nice), she made do with what she had!
Learning to reach for the light switches by standing on the stool.
Christmas presents filling up. She received multiple presents from teacher Mickee, wei wong and one more I can't recall who. I think 2018 Christmas we need to be better presents giver.She is great at folding blankets now.
And the gown is now so important due to the cold rainy weather, whenever she wears it, I will call her Your Majesty.
LL shuts down and then both kids were at home with me.
Day 1 I made snow rice balls. It was actually fried rice that accidentally turned too soggy so I decided to squeezed them into balls and then because the texture was a bit flat, so I added cornflakes on it, told them it's snow and she love the idea so much she asked for more snow and more snow.
Day 2, breakfast at the back in the morning sun while I dry the laundry.
She said very hot, and when I told her she can go in, she quickly ran in while mumbling "hot hot hot". Hahahaha!
I was not on leave but working from home. But honestly there were just nothing much on going I really hardly worked!!
People often say once your kid is 5, they enter into a new stage. Next stage will be 9 or 10..
When we adults were making tang yuan at Jade's house, the kids were playing - Lisa, Sonya, her and Jasper. She wanted to tell the kids that she will be going for holiday at Ipoh (we told her) but Sonya & Lisa were not paying attention. She was mad and kept all their toys. I saw, and told her she shouldn't do that. I told her she can still say what she wants to say although her friends are playing doesn't mean she won't be able to hear her. She understood and went to announce again and Sonya replied that she was going for holiday too. :)
She covers her mouth when she sneeze. This must be taught by teachers in LL so that germs wont spread fast. She even told us to cover our mouth when we didn't.
23 December - Ipoh holiday finally! The night before she was already very excited about it.
The journey was quite bad, traffic jam for 4 hours.
Finally arrived at the MU Hotel, they were impressed by this giant christmas tree.
In the hotel room, she hurt her toe a bit, I put a plaster for her (requested from hotel) and tried to cheer her up by decorating the wooden mini art christmas tree.This one. I am so glad I took it with us, so our room still feels christmas-y. Although Jasper did break a few of the mini ornaments. :(
Wedding dinner! the whole objective of coming to Ipoh la.
She played so hard at dinner and vomitted out at the final part. -_-
Next morning, going for breakfast buffet downstairs.
Ready to check out. Some wefies with weird & funny faces. :)
Tried the tau fu fa.
Buy salted chicken.
The same day we came back from Ipoh, was the Christmas Eve party at the Puahs!
She was so funny, pretended to be playing fighting ith DJ but DJ was not playing with her. Why DJ why.
Presents from the ever so generous Aunty Shin Wee :) Every year without fail!! So much love.
Shin Wee gave her a brain quest cards. The colour pallete is from us!
Christmas presents from acts kids and other people in church.
At night they were playing like this after dinner, while we decided to go to Decathlon. Main objective was to get them new towels for next year.
This is in Decathlon!They have lots of scooters for you to try and a safe place to try riding. She and Jasper did very well.
I am glad I bought her a good swim wear for RM49, one that really keeps her warm, think material and outer later is water proof. Bought size for 4yo because that's the biggest. We got it in blue so Jasper can use it next time.
I am definitely planning on getting her a proper bed, she asked for it before.
I didn't plan on dressing her with the small skirt but she insisted.. so leggings plus skirt. Hahah.
We had lots of fun spinning the trolleys around because Ikea was just so empty.
I was hoping there will be sales, but nope. Nothing much. Not even at the AS IS corner.
Afternoon free art time at home. We thought that with the ikea easel board, they wouldn't want this kind of art time, but it still works.
Sharing with us her school work from LL. It's so a lot that I feel bad throwing most of them but no place to keep too. So we select some significant ones to keep. The good ones to snap photo and store in Artkive. And those that still have teaching values I file them together for maybe some revisions.
27 Dec - Kidzania! I did not teach her to pose like this. She is natural at feminine poses. Where did she learn these from?
I was dragging my fee to take her to Kidzania... but sort of promised to go with Adeline and Alycia was going, I was looking forward to get to know her friend - Alycia. She said a few times Alycia is her best friend.Didn't know that she will need a lanyard, the shop also ran out of stock so I improvised by clipping this light pouch to her dress by using a key chain ring.
1st assignment - post man.
2nd assignment - dentist.
She freaked out here when it's time to clean the mouth of the fake patient. Although Alycia told her to come, she shook her head.
Lunch break. I tried to ask Alycia, how is Jasmine at school, is she funny? I didn't get a very good answer. But I guess this pictures says it all? Haha.
The queue was crazy due to the school holiday.
We queued for McD but too packed she wanted to go home. We tried bomba also too long queue so we went to search for smaller stations.
3rd assignment - unifi station to play games with ipad.
Because I promised her we will go home, we lined up at the bank to get her to bank in her kidzania money and get the ATM card. Which reminds me.. I dont know where the card is now... ooopsssss. need to locate it.
4th assignment - made ice blended drink, this drink changed her mood!
I don't know what's with the legs poser today.
5th assignment - make own bracelet.They were hungry so Alycia's mum Shereen bought them nuggets. So yummy.
6th assignment - apply make up for other kids.
After I get to know Alycia a bit more, I got worried because Alycia seems to recognise numbers and counts really fast! And she could read a bit... oh no.. I started to teach at home and realised, Jasmine is very confused between 6 and 8, she cant identify them.
When Jasper is taking nap and she got up first, I got her to do painting with christmas presents, she painted a rainbow. Still not use to the new colour pallete though.
Matching t-shirts with Jasper, they were thrilled almost every time.
The year end long weekend we went back to Muar and Ah Ma arranged a new special sleeping corner in the room. She was excited! And there are new pillow and new big bolster, just as she like it. Now I am glad I can have my bolster back.
We took the bikes back and they got to cycle front and back of the Muar house, it's very good exercise for them.
She pretended she was stuck in a traffic jam by stopping behind the Perdana, just like Peppa Pig. Very funny girl.
The pink tight shorts is new from decathlon. This girl needs new shorts. This one is quite perfect.
Yeay with Jasper!
Bounce house at the Muar river.
There is a pirate ship that she didn't dare to explore.
After bounce house was this glowing tourist self cycle car.
During the day in the house, she plays with all sorts of toys in the house, with Ah Ma.
And Jolene.
We took their bikes here and they cycled very fast along the river.
Then we play with bubbles!
Effortless to see countless bubbles, thanks to the good wind!
And then Ah Ma bought RM65 worth of toys for both of them. Jasmine had a free doll fro the uncle too.
One of the best way to end the Year 2017... is with family. :) :) And exploring new activities at our neighbourhood. :D























































































No comments:
Post a Comment