Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 26th month

It's January 2018! A new year!
1st Jan night, after the rain, we went back to Tanjong again hoping to ride on the rented toy car but they didn't come. :( We promised the kids and couldn't deliver the promise, feeling rather sorry. 
We did bubbles instead and then Ah Ma bought the kids so many toys from the bubble man. RM65 worth of toys. 
Jasper's one is the yellow robot car in my hand! It goes around transforming into a robot and then back to a car. He loves it. 

 Next day, I gave them a bit of hair trim. Jasper waiting for his turn, while watching peppa pig video with jeje.

My plan is to keep his hair long and see whether it will suit him. So what I did was just cut the fringe.
And done.

We prepared the kids that they are going back to school and will be in a new class, whether they are ready for it. We told Jasper his teacher will be Nalini, no more Teacher Pei Pei. He cried and said "I want Teacher Pei Pei..." We told teacher pei pei and she was touched.

On the 3rd Jan, I dropped them off at LL, Jasper cried and wanted me to carry.

I started a chore chart in the house, where we will give them a sticker each for doing certain thing and if they completes 10 stickers, they get to watch peppa pig, and if they complete 60 stickers they get a RM5 present. My main objective is to get Jasper to poop and pee in the toilet. Really hope this will work!!

We also decided to cut out midnight milk feeding to Jasper by threatening to put him in the cot. On the 3rd & 4th Jan, we only made him bottle nen nen once. Any request after that we will not entertain and threaten to put him in the cot if he doesn't stop crying.
Since last month, he already started to sleep on the floor mattress after I changed the way we arrange the floor mattress. I managed to make it into an L shape mattress, it is good for now, but once Jasper grow taller, his legs would be on the floor. We definitely plan to buy them beds. About the cot, currently pushed to a corner, used as punishment corner. Once we have the beds in, we will sell the cot.

4th Jan, at home we did toilet training and it failed big time. Jasper peed in the training pants. That's fine. Then he added poop along with the pee in the 2nd training pants. And then we ran out of underwears so I just let him wear a very loose blue winnie the pooh pants. He was playing with jeje and hit her with his thomas train. So I put him on time out. During the time out, he cried so much until he peed in the pants again!
He will not stop crying so I had to rotan him on his legs.

Jasper and jeje likes to climb this door now. I didn't stop them doing it because I think this is part of childhood and this is not that dangerous. I just keep reminding them to be extra careful. In fact I think it helps them with their hands and legs coordination.

Jasper finally got himself a sticker on the chorechart when he peed in toilet bowl upstairs but he refused to go down with me to put the stickers up. Looks like this reward doesn't work on him? Sigh.
He was very reluctant to stay still for me to put on pyjamas for him. I let him figure it out himself how to put it on, until he gave up.


He now says "Yes" more than "mm" in answering us.


He also replies an innocent "HAR?" especially after we have told him to come or do something repeatedly. And he loudly exclaims "HEY!" esp when being provoked by jeje.

At Joshua Chu's wedding dinner, Jasper went to the toilet twice on his own choice, and came home with a dry diaper. So he can be fully diaperless, but he still doesn't tell when he needs to poop.

Sunday, Jasmine was still having fever so I sent Jasper to summit (after praise & worship) so Joshua can take him up for acts kids, while I go to the Klinik Segara with Jasmine.
Jasper was very independent in Act Kids. Ah Yi saw him and asked "where is mummy and jeje?" he replied "in the car". 


We are at ALDO, Jasper was playing running round and round the black curtain with Ezra and Elijah.


I told Pei Pei that Jasper eats breakfast part 1 in the car every morning now. Later in the day, he told more more details about the breakfast in the car i.e. bread & cheese. She said that Jasper is more interested in food now, much less picky. When he sees her feed other kid, he will ask "What's this?" 

Naked boy walking down, I can't remember why. It could be that we ran out of diapers upstairs?

In the car sometimes I cannot understand what Jasper was saying like "ti" but thank God Jasmine understood it and said "trees!" 

During our prayer time, he likes to ask "How about Ah Yi?" "How about daddy?" "How about cars?" "How about trees?"

He wants me to sleep next to him during weekend naps. 

We met with our new Er Jiu Ma from Sydney. The kids enjoyed eating pinenuts and sunflower seeds in Duai Ee Ma's house. They were quietly eating on the sofa while we adults were eating fruits and chatting in the kitchen.
When we were waiting for the arrival of all the family, we walked to a nearby mart and bought them a gardenia bread with chocolate cream.
Malaysia weather was unusually cold so both kids were wearing long sleeves. When Ah Ma saw jasper in this white jumper, she said it reminds her of our Taiwan trip, which was 1 year ago. 
Duai Ee Ma packed the nuts to pass to the kids at dinner. Jasper wanted to hold it.

We met with the family for dinner again at the Frog porridge shop, Jasper loves the frog meat.

Weekend at home, got him to try some chalk drawing outside.
Maybe I should just let them be dirty and messy as they wish, so the creativity will come.
Due to the cold weather, our clothes would not dry! So we washed them and got everyone to walk to the nearby Dobi with dryer. Here's a photo before we walk over.
They played with the soap dispenser machine while we ware waiting for an available machine.
And learn how to help us put the clothes into the dryer. 
It's their first time.

Er Jiu Fu and Er Jiu Ma were going back to Sydney, Joshua couldn't send them to the airport so we made it a point to see them at Swee Lin jiji house, even though it's past kids bedtime, we stayed on and took a group photo as a goodbye. 

Here we are at the KLIA2 airport, to send them off. The kids both ride the balance bikes. They had a lot of fun. 
Then we bought them the favourite gardenia bread, Yew Hing koko paid money for it.
Look at Jasper's face. Haha.

Again group photo. We had with us the balance bikes and the double stoller.

After the airport, Ah Ma came back home with us to Subang Jaya.
Next day, we all went to church together.

That night we had dinner at Whup Whup with Ah Ma. Look at this boy imitating how I rest my hand on my chin. 
Poor boy was coughing so he ended up vomiting after dinner. The last we were at this restaurant, Jasmine vomited too.

Look at the manja boy, he was supposed to go to bed, but went to lie down next to Ah Ma instead with the cute grin on his face.

A quick train ride on weekend and it is Jasper's favourite.

14 Jan, while going to bed, Jasmine accidentally poured Joshua's hot green tea over herself and Jasper was splashed with a little, thank God he was fine.
Jasper's balance bike seat heat had been increased. It shows that he has grown taller.
When we pray in morning in the car, he will keep saying "the end" because It was long. 

We finally got Jasper's LL uniform!
T-shirt size XS and pants size S. I ordered M size pants but teacher said he is more S size.

Here's a pair of pants I bought for him from Decathlon. I think it looks really good on him. ;)

He opens, closes door and even now able to twist the door knob.
Look at this boy's chest lines, so nice.. like ready to show some muscles.

Killed a bug or an ant.


22nd Jan, he was bitten by Elijah in school. It happened when they were playing at the playground. Apparently Jasper was still playing and refuse to let Elijah play, so he got bitten. It's brutal!! That day Joshua picked up instead of me, when I received these pictures, I was very close to crying. I felt so so so painful! I sent to Julia and Janet.. to complainnnn.. 
It's brutal !!!
We later sent to more people and this spread until even Pastor Kenneth also know, they called this "brutal".
When we asked Jasper, he said "jah jah bite". 
We are all hurt, very very hurt by this incident. I even went to read up the LL handbook to see if there's a clause to suspend Elijah because he hurt my boy. There was clearly bleeding!!
Also I was very disappointed with the school that this happened in morning 9.30am but they don't have courtesy to tell us about it. Reason given was Pastor Sandra not in so the teachers couldn't contact us directly.
We complained that the Kengs didn't apologise to us at all. Peng Ho went to speak with Alvin and he didn't know it was so serious, he called Joshua to say sorry. Then at prayer service, saw me and said sorry again. It didn't go that well, because he clearly has super high ego and was protecting his son.... Anywayyyyy at least some apology than none!

25th Jan Jasper starts to pray "put leg here, leg this, another leg, amen"
Prayer for Ah Ma "we pray for Ah Ma, Ah Ma heal. Elephant, bear bear, rabbit, elephant, the end! Amen!" 

So the sleep sitation goes like this. Jasmine on the long side and Jasper on the short side. 

Took Jasper to the Dr Koe clinic for jabs, meningococcal and Hepatitis A (RM170 and RM150 respectively) and he cried very loud. 
He weighs 12.5kg and 85cm tall. 


Look at Jasper's face, he just got up and I showed him the breakfast bowl, he immediately stuffed his mouth full.
Take picture of them in their uniforms while holding their breakfast bowls. :)
Need to intentionally take these pictures, because we usually rush out of the house in the morning.

Sometimes after pick up from LL, he will picks the red flowers and throw them through the gaps of the gate. 

Had the young family meeting at Jessica's house. The kids watched TV and played toys. I am so proud that Jasper is one of the most behaving ones compared to the other boys. At least when his toy was taken away, he made do with another toy I introduced to him. 
Followed by cycling at the KK park.
Sunday outfit.
Anne went back to Muar and took back a bag of clothes mummy & Evelyn bought from the Hush Puppies warehouse sales. Jasper has some oversized pants, a long sleeve red T, a multi colour checkered shirt. :)
We took them to Pyramid one night, while we eat the KFC, they observed people ice skate. :)

Helped daddy to unclog the sink. 

Sunday after nap, lets go to the swimming pool!
Put on swim caps, swim wear and apply sunblock.

They are excited! and jasper looks extra cute in his swim attire.
We weren't sure if he will like the water, because last year, he refused to enter the water, except when bathing he doesn't mind sit in the bathtub.
And praise the Lord, he loves the water now! Our first time at the Jati 1 pool - it's so gooddd!
I didn't prepare any floats for them, just the kick board. This is better for them to experience the water, get familiar with it etc.
They took turn to ride on the board.

When they come out from the water, I wrapped them in towel and fed them hot milo from hot water flask. After they changed, I thought to myself, next time must prepare cardigans!! And those hush puppies striped cardigans mummy bought would be perfect, so I made a mental note.

We went straight to Jill's house in KK to collect the ikea Sundvik bed, she sold us for RM160 but I paid her RM170. It will be either Jasmine or Jasper's bed this year, we plan to set it up after we have the media cabinet built by Ah Yan. Once that's it, we just need to relocate the chair, sell the cot and vintage table, buy an ikea bookshelf and another toddler bed.


No comments: