Monday, March 19, 2018

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 27th month

Early this month in office, I received a message from LL that Jasper's teacher would like to meet me before 5pm, to talk about what happened in school. Jasper fell down twice in school from the chair during lunch and then again in the toilet he fell forehead down and bruised a bit. I think they now will inform me because we complained that when he got bitten, teacher didn't have the courtesy to inform. Haha. 
So I went and it was my first time meeting Nalini. She said that Jasper has been rather hyper and likes to jump. She said she tried to punish him in all ways but he still wouldn't stop jumping. She said when he fell down in toilet, he didn't get up himself, just cried and wait for teacher to lift him up. 
Celina told me maybe I should cut down raisins in their breakfast because being high on sugar could cause him to be hyper. I said mostly is bread, then she said bread also sugar... errrrr... ok... I really dont think so, but I shall reduce. So I stopped raisins for some weeks. 
First hand stand! Assisted by Ah Yi.


Just random playing with water colour tubes outside.
Waiting for lunch to be served.
4th Feb, we did science experiment at home yeay! After so long!! So hard to be consistent, because we consistently dont have time, always has something on or somewhere to rush to.
Anyway this experiment is to create volcano effect from white vinegar and baking soda.
Dye the vinegar to red colour with food coloring.
Jasper helped with the syringe.
Wahhhh!!
Then we do another one, but green colour.
Hopefully we can at least do science experiment once a month at home! Now I must find what to do for March.

3rd Feb, I believe that evening, I went out with my friends or was out for errands.. we promised the kids that we would take them to swim. Before I got home, I was told the kids were all dressed! They even helped each other apply sunblock lotion and put on the swim cap and goggles.
This time we went to the 3k swimming pool. The kids pool is very shallow, and it is outdoor. So I put extra layer on both kids.
I think Jasper looks very dashing and handsome in this full attire, all the colours were great on him!
Here! I fed them the hot milo and after their bath, they were in the matching hush puppies cardigans! And eating biscuits and seaweed.

Try to encourage them to bike a bit in the evening while I prepare their dinner.
See their bikes both has bells? I bought them at Daiso for RM5.90 each on the 5th Feb.
I decided I need pictures of him in his proper school attire, including the bag! Here they are, with his favourite playground in the back. Last year he kept asking to go to the playground and now he finally got to do it.
This is picture taken out from LL Facebook. 
Back to pooping training, one of the hardest thing, sticker chore chart didn't quite make it. So we tried punishment. We say if he poop in his diaper, he don't get his nen nen before bed. One day he pooped in diaper 3 times!!! We didn't give him the bottle milk and he goes without protest. But when he said he wants mummy nen nen and I said no, he was so sad and cried so much until I gave in. I made him repeat many times that he promise he will poop in the toilet. Whenever we asked "where do you poo poo?" he is always quick at answering "in the toilet". Joshua said, theory is there but practical not there. 1 week went by and this method failed again.

Next resort, reward toy system. We took him to Mr DIY in Subang Parade, picked the biggest and cheapest truck for about RM19.
Said to him that he only gets to play with it if he poo poo into the toilet.
Really hope it will work!!

We also pop by the specs shop to look for new specs for Joshua. The kids went wild at trying on glasses like daddy.
This is one handsome specy boy.

Weekday night, we went to Decathlon again with Ah Yi. The kids had this time to try on the scooters and skateboards. I think it is good to expose them to these sports equipment, so they will know which ones is their favourite when they grow up.
Also exposed to badminton. 


The way this boy plays with cooking toys now is putting or passing us a few of the items and say "for you" and repeats. We must accept otherwise it's wrong. Hehe.
He now also could say many things like "jeje hit me", "jeje put this".
"I dont know?"
"I dont want"

Rare day when both of us turn up to pick up the kids. :)
So glad that this season we are all in the same area, subang & sunway, so we could spend a lot of time with the kids.

Jasper bullies jeje. On 2 separate occasions, he beat her head with umbrella and dipper.. We put him on high chair as time out. He cried and cried till mucus all over his face. We waited for him to stop crying and apologise to jeje before we release him. It's so hard to discipline him!
Later on when he plays, I saw him time out his girraffe, saying "cannot beat jeje!" and then Jasmine was there, wanted to help him beat giraffe, both looked at the pink giraffe and then Jasper said "no hand already" Jasmine beat on the tail. Then Jasper also beat the same place and laughed to himself.
They are really cute when they play well together.


This is Zach Zach's birthday party at Aeon Shah Alam. We were the first to arrive, although we were about 15 minutes late. Start off with eating KFC and pasta... and then Joshua took the kids in to play, it's kids trampoline & rock climbing park!
After blow out the birthday cake candles, and the kids ate the cake. I went in with them. 

This is the trampoline park. Look at Jasper climbing up up and up.
I had videos of them jumping all around.
When it is time to go, Jasper played so well with Zephan. 
Piggy back to the car!
And when we got home, he already knocked out.

11th Feb, after my facial, met up with Rae Ling my ex colleague who is going to migrate to Melbourne. So I promised the kids ice cream, we went to Fat Baby ice cream. 

We adjourned to another shop for a drink as Fat Baby needs to close shop, and Rae Ling's friend haven't come to pick her up. So while we are having our drinks, Jasper had some fun pretend riding on the vintage scooter!


He likes to play with the lightwands I had gotten from Jacky Cheung's concert. Of course he broke one, I patched it up again. And then tell him not to wack it on the floor. He just enjoys taking the light wand to shine here and shine there including in the bathrooms.
He recent sleep habit is after finish mummy nen nen, he lies down, asked for a think blanket and look at me ask me to sleep next to him. If he sees me open eyes, he points at me asked me to sleep too.

Wears daddy's cap and then we play teacher game. 

So he sat on a stool and got down, he told Joshua "cannot sit papper one ok?"
Sunday in summit, he was supposed to be walking with me but suddenly decided to sit down, he just said no. After I asked him to get up a few times, I just started to walk away, he then changed his mind and came running after me to catch up. Then he did it the second time when he saw the new car rides machines, I didn't dare to walk off because I think he wouldn't come catch up because this distraction is much greater. Sunday is always challenging. Rush to finish lunch and rush to go home for nap, above all the distractions.

Jasper slept till he fell off our bed, at least twice this month.

Finally come the time to take train to Alor Setar for CNY. 6am.
Our first time taking this train.
Jasper couldn't sleep, he was very loud the whole time. 
Joshua volunteered to have the kids sit next to him while I sleep a bit. 

Giving them food helps to keep them still and quiet a little.
LOOK AT JASPER's FACE!

After they were done eating we ran out of ideas. I tried to blow up balloons for them one each, it made them even louder and even see Jasper crawled under the seats to look for his missing balloons.
The floor is so dirty esp they dropped food on it just before this.
I tried to make him stand on my lap to have a better view of the train and scenery outside.
Jasmine slept more than him. He just couldn't sit still.
After 5 hours, we arrived. Said goodbye to the train.
First nap in Alor Setar. 
That evening, we went for a walk to see the river.
First see the drain that daddy fell into before. 
Then the river. 

Throw stones into the river.
Jasper likes the stones throwing so much that he refused to leave the place.
Of course I carried him since he refused to walk home. He didn't want to enter the house, still wanted to play.

In the car, both will asked to be buckled up. And this is Jasper trying to play with jeje's toys. I only let him wear the specs. Jeje wears hair band and necklace.
Helped do some sweeping in the front yard while the adults stress over the pressure washer before dinner.
Had the chance to observe Winnie the dog. 

Jasper proudly and loudly said prayers before meal, but was discouraged by Joshua's parents to scream it out.
Jasper says words like "my turn", "where is it", "lets do again".

CNY Day 1  - family picture. 

Fried some keropok. 

We walked to the paddy field in the evening.
Very hot.

That night, when they were playing, Jasper accidentally used the puzzle board and hit Jasmine under her eye, just 2mm away from her eye balls. It bleed a bit and we have to apply some cream medicine for her.
Wonder how Jasper managed to turn 180 degrees right?
Finally time to go back home. We took Malindo air.
Jasper is so strong to be able to handle the luggage bag.

The evening we are home, we took them to the SS15 park. There are some new exercise machines added to the park. 
Jeje pushes Jasper on the swing.

Fried salmon fish for them as dinner. 

Jasmine requested for Jasper's hair to be molded into circle, not one long stick. Haha.
They both likes to scream very loud these days, even after I warned, esp when they are fighting for the same toy. I had to flick them to stop them. Jasmine cried but Jasper didn't.

My handy boy in the making. :) The toy screwdriver were purchased about a year ago during the daiso moving out sales, RM3.50. 

I spotted Jasper wanted to poop so put him on toilet bowl, just as he said his usual "I'm done" and I tried to take him down in slow motion, his poop flowed out into the toilet bowl. Hallelujah!!! And of course he got to play with his truck finally! Before this it was all just sit on bowl and no poop, so we only gave him the small bike from inside the big truck. He could cry because he wants that big truck, we put it very high up... now he finally got to play with it.

I let the kids play water painting and Jasper just kept on taking orange colour and nothing else. He must be feeling quite orange that day, hehe.

Conference Saturday, the kids play bus. Up and down bus, selling food to each other. 
Anniversary Sunday, we have helium balloons and Joshua did some drum performance. 

The kids got to see daddy perform when they stood in front.
Then both went into acts kids by themselves. I was with Jasper for half of praise & worship, then I saw that he is getting comfortable with jeje standing with him, I sneaked away.
I wished I had remember to take photo of both of them in the matching cardi. Very nice looking. :)

After nap, we counted that we have 4 helium balloons and decided to make full use of them.
2 helium balloons were released into the air !
 Salute and bye bye! We didnt expect the balloon will really float away, but they both did!
Then another 2 were used to be inhaled and sing in cartoon voices. 
 First daddy then Ah Yi. 
Last one here, we didn't do anything, just threw it away.  
That night, I asked Joshua to monitor both play water painting again.  
Jasper managed to give himself a blue eye shadow. And this is the face he does when he tries to close the milk bottle lid, and whatever that requires focus.

Jasper finds cleaning his eyes very funny. :) I tried to wean him off mummy nen nen by applying apple cider vinegar but to my surprise he drank without problem.. The next day I increased the amount I apply, he still takes them.
Because I kept saying this is last one to him, until when I said no more nen nen, he said to me "last one mummy". His habit is before bed, he latched on both sides and then he will lie down on pillow himself and asked me to sleep too. I will lie down and then he will roll until he's under my arm pit, or if he turns to his left side, he would be close to the edge of the mattress, touching the floor. Now if they each have their own bed, this shouldn't be an issue, they will have a bed rail to keep them from falling off.
Now at night when he screams for milk after I ignored, I was so lazy to drag him to the cot, in fact I just flick him. Almost every night, it's daddy who wakes up to make him his bottle milk.
He will ask for water or bottle, both sounds so similar. When he finihes the milk, he will "done!" and return to us the bottle.  If what he wanted was water, he drinks from my water bottle.
Loves to eat fruits, opposite of jeje.
He can be quite random, once we changed him into new diaper and he knows his lunch is ready on the table, he looked at the bowl from kitchen, smile and said "my rice is ready already". Cracked me up!

28th Feb, aeon big member day. I was going around looking for other grocery items, while Joshua brought the both of them to pick up vegetables. Most of these french beans were picked by them.
And they picked the chicken to be cut into smaller pieces.

1/6 of 2018 has just flown by!! 

No comments: