Monday, April 23, 2018

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 28th month (Jasmine 55th)

We intentionally grow his hair long especially the side burns and the hair style is turning out great! There were times I thought I made the wrong call but the nice after bath hair always reassure me.

So we have a big target this year, which is to train Jasper to poo poo in the toilet. Sunday morning I spotted his poo poo face and quickly put him on the toilet bowl and he pooped into the toilet bowl (but just this once)! It was a success that warrants him to play with the big truck from MR DIY but he didn't want. We are really confused with this little guy. We tried all sorts of rewards and none really worked because he is motivated by different thing every time. And that day he wanted to play with the water art (that Shin Wee) gave more. And then after a while he got bored with it too.
I let him watch Qiao Hu poo poo episode, he was very entertained so I hope maybe it will inspire him some way or another? He had requested for repeats so I hope with that his Chinese language will improve too.

We went to my colleague Ai Wee's house for a post CNY gathering and took the kids to the playground opposite their house.

Look at my sociable kids. :)  am so proud of them. That one is Ai Wee's daughter Eva. She is a year older than Jasper but she calls him koko.

I bought a new Lack table from Ikea for them to use in the living room. Jasper already seen it, but we went out for noodles and came back, he saw it second time and still said so excitedly "Oh this!"
Before we assemble, I asked them what they will do at the table, Jasmine said "jump on it" oh so cheeky!  Jasper said "take cloth and wipe table" I super didn't expect this answer from him at all.
When Joshua assemble the table, Jasmine taking taking a leg and pretend it is a sword. I was so paranoid that the leg will get scratched I shouted at her. Sorry Jasmine.

Speaking of screaming, Jasper is learning to scream, maybe from me. Sorry again. But when we warned him to stop, he didn't and I flicked him. My nail accidentally scratched him under eye, feel really bad about it.

Monday night, both kids played too hard and couldn't stop. Joshua tried to use rotan to warn, he hit hard on the world map and caused a hole.... :(

Still wants to wear jeje's bracelets. -_-


This shirt is from Hush Puppies warehouse sales, bought by Ah Ma.

We try to play board games with Jasmine more, but it's really hard to find the time.
And this guy now likes to do cutting cutting. The way he holds the scissors is almost like he is cutting his other finger.

They complained hungry. Jasmine even said she is like the caterpillar. They kept asking for snacks. When we were at SRK noodle house, they ate my noodles especially Jasper who kept opening his mouth "ahhh!". After that when we got home, they drank milk and even ate chocolate poky before brushing teeth. It's like their stomach is bottomless.

So when they do drawing at SRK noodle house, Jasper only draw small circles and stopped. Jasmine is starting to draw little girls with hands and legs, polka dot blouse and striped pants. She calls it the princess.

I also tried to let them draw in the car. Jasper also draws but most time fussing about changing to another pen, dropping his pen etc.

They are still very determined to sit at each other's car seat this way.
Eat breakfast on our way to LL.


Cheeky Jasper pretended to have stomach pain when Jasmine was the pretend doctor. He asked me to pretend stomach pain too.

Went to Decathlon to buy weighing scale and they got to play with scooters again. 
And badminton.

They are sometimes like this while waiting for me to get ready in the morning.
This is one time, both were very hungry. I went down to buy something and daddy let them share a curry puff, taking turns. It's very funny, there's a video to watch how they each took a bite put back into container and pass to each other.

He vomited after eating half boiled egg at Laura's house. 3 times! And then had to wear a pink t-shirt because our back up t-shirt ran out. It was bad..
Went back to Muar! Jasper still wearing the pink t-shirt. And likes to hold the bolster like this to sleep even in the car seat.
Observed daddy shave.
We took them to ride their bikes and play bubble at Tanjong again. We couldn't see the rental toy car again, it is confirm still in operation but their stall was not open when we were there.
This time Jasmine is not so much into bubbles, she was more interested to buy toys. We ended up getting her a RM5 elsa phone. Brought home and found out the battery connection was broken so couldn't play music, can only use as a pretend phone.

Jasmine photo bombed.
She enjoys cycling way ahead of us.
Back to the car!

At dinner with uncle & aunty Yap, I tied a red scarf (Ah Ma's scarf) on Jasmine's head, she pretended to be little red riding hood in a new assam fish restaurant.
And then Jasper also wants! I tied a scarf for him too and then Jasmine called him "Hi grandma!" Even people from our next table laughed.
Outside the restaurant.
Grandma.
Red Riding Hood.
Look at them, so funny!
I will definitely print this to display on the walL !
Jasper pretend to be baby on Jolene'e cot which is too small already. 
Play drumming or play piano pretend in living room when Ah Yi sing a praise song.
Now play on the real organ, upstairs with Ah Yi.
Lunch before going back to Subang Jaya.

Back and this is us eating at the new Murni at USJ.

This boy has been praying "In Jesus, Amen" and then this month he finally said it correctly "In Jesus's name, Amen" :)

I heard that Jasper poked Ezra's eyes and made him cry. Teacher Mickee scolded him and made him say sorry.

Some pictures with their bags at the garden before going up the car. Look at the poser on the left.
So dedicated to her pose.
Before I go to Miami on 15th March, I took them back from LL early to see Doctor Ahmad at 4pm to check on Jasper's swollen eye lid.
This little guy has an eye infection and doctor say it should be ok to go to school, not infectious. That was all I need! A letter to clear him from being quarantined.
He said he wants to follow me to take the aeroplane but I said that we will take him to fly next time, hopefully to Bangkok? 
We had roti canai at the corner mamak before going home. 

=============WHEN I WAS AWAY FOR MIAMI WORK CONFERENCE===============
First morning when I am away. Jasmine said she misses me but Jasper did not say anything.

Every night without fail Jasper will go over to our room and sleep with Joshua. Drink bottle nen nen and if ask second time, he only gets to drink water.

Every dinner eat at USJ12.

This is Sunday. Jasmine picked her own outfit.

I paid for the cake but didn't have the chance to eat it.


Jasper's eye became more severe and it finally burst in LL.
Homes dinner, spagetti.

The day I am coming home. With Ah Yi's help they did a welcome card for me. :)
Look !!

========================== MUMMY IS BACK !!!! ===========================
24th March, reunited after 9 days!!


I bought her this elsa dress.
And Jasper got a minion jacket.
Successful weaning!
When I returned, he pointed at my boobs and asked "what's this"
He also asked for mummy nen nen but I said no more already.

The interesting thing is, Jasper is starting to say sentences ending with "you know?"
"I got ironman bottle you know?"

We signed Jasmine up for her swim lessons! To start in May!

Took them to swim at Jati 1. 

And we started the Easter countdown, also count down to the beach holiday.
This activity is about "Jesus is the light!"


Wears minion jacket to church prayer service!
That day Timothy threw tantrum and simply throw toys, one toy hit Jasper on his head. Teacher showed us the skin broke a bit. Of course Jasper cried. And Jasmine told us she will protect him next time. At prayer service I saw Jess Chan, she came to say sorry and then said Jasper looked cute in the hoodie, I joked to her "protection!!" And she said even more sorry, like even more guilty but I told her I am just kidding la. Haha.

Next day when I pick them up, I heard teacher scolded Timmy for his tantrums again. Then Jasmine came out confidently told me "I protect Jasper today, we play at another corner". She is a really good sister to him.

Another countdown activitiy - washing each other's feet.

Jasmine suddenly self wean milk in LL. We asked her why she said because Alycia doesn't drink anymore. She also doesn't want to use her bolster pillow in LL anymore because her friends doesn't use them. Including blanket. So basically she sleeps without anything. I didn't know peer pressure starts at age of 4.5???
Teacher told us she has problem focusing in school, she day dreams. When I asked what she does during class, she said she looks at houses outside, the hangers, the grass... When Teacher Celina scold her, she cries.

Joshua cooked tau gua for dinner, Jasper didn't like it and refuse to finish. So he doesn't get his bedtime milk and was OK! We gave him some pears and midnight he drank milk twice. It's like punishing ourselves! -_-

When I read to Jasmine one night, he came disturb and cried for mummy nen nen until Joshua rotan him to stop. When I lie down next to him to put him to bed as usual, he presses on my boob for fun. -_-

Finally come the day we are going for the PD holiday!
First we stopped at Muar office to pick Ah Ma up.
Up and down the 24 steps staircase.
Go to Wetex to buy some bread and snacks to eat at Avilion PD.
Lunch at green gourment before going to PD.
Hand stand. He kept on doing this the whole trip in PD even. Dirty floors he doesn't care! Jasmine also followed but after I scold her she stopped.
Finally we arrived at Avilion Port Dickson!
Straight away take afternoon nap. It is too hot to go out anyway.

Tea time at our room.
We stay at water chalet so looking out to the water.
See? Again.

We are ready for the beach.
The beach is just 2 minutes from our chalet but it is just too hot. So we sit around to eat some sponge cake while observing peacocks.


Look! This peacock open the feathers for very long. And it kept vibrating while showing off.
And that's Jasmine eating the candy on the stick. It's organic with Vitamin C but she can't finish it, also it is quite messy. She dropped on the floor and peacock ate it. Peacocks eat anything apparently, even sponge cake.

When we see the sun is almost setting, we made our way to another beach.

Here! Sand is not smooth and water is quite dirty. I pulled out about 3-4 plastic bags while refilling Jasper's watering can.
Mummy and Anne also had a bit of beach fun.

We tried to get the kids to build sand castle but it is not easy. First the sand doesn't always stay together in a nice shape. Second, we have a Jasper who destroys everything.
Ah Ma helped a bit. 
This is the only time Jasmine shows that she is enjoying the sand...
Jasper loves the elephant watering can. He enjoyed looking at the effect of water spraying on the sand. He kept asking me to refill whenever he runs out of water.
My time to take some picture with my mummy. :)  God loves you mummy. We pray for her salvation everyday almost, and even hope this easter countdown (we still doing scriptures reading even at Avilion), will bless her.



Not sure why I look like this in this picture.


After the beach, we go to the pool with slides.
Jasper was so brave to slide down himself, he did about 4 times.
Adults are not allowed so Jasmine also has to go down alone eventhough she is not as brave. She eventually agreed to slide but I gave the wrong instruction so ask her to lie down, she took a huge turn half way and went head down the water. Although Joshua was there to receive her, she had an ultimate phobia. Never slide again the whole trip no matter how much I told her I was wrong and I was sorry etc. She just does not want to attempt the slide again.

We then freshen up and drove out for dinner. KFC !
At KFC, Jasper kept on sitting on the floor this trip and dirty his pants. Even crawl like a baby.

Next morning, first thing is just sit outside and look out at the sea.
I fed them some oats.
Then we pack up our breakfast and went out to eat, like a picnic.
Breakfast here!

After breakfast, we decided to take a stroll at the nearby beach. It was much nicer. Here Jasmine didn't like walking on the sand. She ended up staying at the lookout point with Ah Ma, listen to stories and watch videos on Ah Ma's phone.
This guy here enjoyed himself to the maximum !
I went back to our room to take the beach toys, when Jasper saw me, he ran towards me sooooo fast, he asked for the elephant watering can. He played so happily without fuss until 9.15am.

With watering can almost all the time.
Bum bum wet, doesn't matter.

Making sand soup.


At 9.15am we rushed back to the room to bath & get ready.
The kids once ready they go to Ah Ma's room first.
Always I was the last to be ready. Anyway we were actually rushing to go to the Petting Farm that starts at 10am!!
Feed the animals!!
There were rabbits, tortoises, roosters, hens, chicks, peacock even. 
Jasper was so afraid of the chickens. He thinks they were going to bite his shoes. He was also frightened when a rabbit hopped towards him.

Daddy got a chick in his palm so they can touch but Jasper wasn't interested.
He was scared even when I carried him like this.
Jasmine did so well, such a natural. We joked that you win some, you lose some. Jasper won the beach activity while Jasmine wins this.
So I ended up have to let Jasper sit on my shoulder.
12kg up there ok!
After the farm, it was 11am, we went to the playroom to rest while waiting for screentime of a move. It was free, just a room with sofa and chairs, TV with surrounding sound system. We picked a cartoon movie. Our plan is go out for lunch after the show.
Jasper was very rude to Ah Ma by 12.30pm, half way through the movie. I was mad and asked him to sit on my lap so I can control him. He got cosy and fell asleep on my chest, all the way till 4pm, pass lunch at mamak and then back to hotel. Epic.

Finally he woke up and it's snacks time in our room again.

After that is pool time. Jasmine still not convinced about the slides. :( 
We played with water guns. He was shooting around while Joshua took him around the pool

We then had dinner at Him Men Teppanyaki, he ate lots of rice. Most likely because he hardly ate lunch (not interested in the food tapao from mamak) and he used up lots of energy at the pool. 

Next morning, this is our last day. We went to beach one last time. This time to bury Ah Yi in the sand. 
Jasper didn't bother burying Ah Yi. Just focused on watering cans. Jasmine was making a fuss about the sand again and I scolded her. 
After that Ah Yi took Jasper quite far out to the sea. He walked while Ah Yi held his hands, until the water was at his chest.
Ah Ma is almost always her shelter when she gets scolding from me.

Done at the beach. Bathed and at Ah Ma's room again. :)

Petting farm again!
He did so much better this time. He just needed me to be behind him to provide a shelter when he is afraid. He fed rabbits and chickens.
Rooster on Ah Yi's shoulder. Also on her head but picture not here.

This rabbit ran up to sit with mummy. Yesterday mummy sat on the bench outside and there were bird shits dropped on her hair!! So this time she sits on the bench inside and have a cute white fluffy visitor.
Jasper patted rabbits whenever he could. Jeje was very encouraging too.
This rabbit was so relaxed and let them sayang sayang.

Jasper even carried a 4 months old baby rabbit for a picture. Great improvement! 
 Of course Jasmine did too.


Finally, we checked out at 12pm on 1st April and called our beach holiday a wrap! 
Lunch with jiu jiu at the same place we ate the night before.. and then jiu jiu fetched Ah Ma back to Muar. And we drove straight to Subang, arrived within 1.5 hour. :) 

The feeding animals experience was a huge one for Jasper... in the coming days and weeks and probably months, he asked about feeding the animals again and again and again... stay tuned... 


No comments: