Thursday, November 29, 2018

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 35th month (Jasmine 62nd)

October 2018

1st day October on the way home from LL suddenly I hear this cute boy calling from the back of the car "Guys! guys!" referring to me and Jasmine.

2nd day October morning he pretends there are lizards in the car on the way to LL.
They always have messy hair when I pick them up from LL because teachers don't comb their hair after bath.


Rarely they take their own trolley bags. Usually I have one on each hand and then I want them hold each other's hands to walk down and when we reach the Summit entrance, they will hold my fingers to walk down the steps and to the car.

Joshua started to let them shower themselves.
Once Jasper drinks water from the toilet floor! I beat him and asked who taught you to do this? He was so afraid but still said :"Teacher Pei Pei".
Can't believe it, they are that big already?

Yes, this big until I don't have enough place to sleep when they both crashed our bed.

We went to the tuition centre to help out and took them along.
This superman t-shirt is slowly becoming his favourite but I just can't find that red cape!!! Where did I put it, seriously I remember twice I made sure I keep it properly but it just flew off my brains the location I last left it at. :(


We started to try out going to bookshops like Popular and just encourage them to take any book, sit down and just read. Jasmine is of course drawn to all princess books.
This is when Joshua is getting a pair of new jeans at Uniqlo.

Iron Man!!

This is Jasper searching for fries. I think this McD belonged to Anne. Definitely not mine.

Sunday after Acts Kids. :) Jasmine surprised me when she requested for the pair of socks with stripes. It was the white lace socks worn when she was flower girl, maybe she wore in June and then one more time in July and the stripes are very faint and hardly visible!
Sometimes we see Isaac at central service. Whenever I speak of Isaac to Jasper, he says "Isaac is my friend".
These are some photos taken from LL facebook. I always am thankful when my kids photos are up there, because sometimes I can't find anyyyy...

We also started half hour reading after dinner, and just about one week in we immediately saw improvements in Jasmine's reading. I am slowly planning to start her on reading Chinese already.
Jasper included! :D He loves this transportation book that makes sound. He recognises alphabets very well, when I test him he can say correctly for almost half of them.

So during weekends when Jasper is taking his nap and Jasmine does not need naps anymore, I try to get her to learn some Chinese. Start with the chinese writing workbook, she writes 1 to 10 effortlessly. And also random words in the other workbook like 车. She wrote the word 车 very very well, she surprised me!

One night, as usual I sat at the corner putting both to bed. Under the yellow light, I just rest my head on a small tiny baby pillow on Jasmine's bed. She looked at me and said she wants the pillow. I was like "what? ok...." and she said "just kidding!" Now my girl has a sense of humor!

Another time she pointed to my chest and said "jasper last time drink nen nen here"
I said "you also drank when you were younger"
She said "yes, the nen nen very nice" with a very sweet smile. Does she really remember??

After LL we are spending some time out here.. Jasper is already toilet trained, actually just trained by Teacher Shorren in LL. It seems his class only has 5 kids, so everyone goes to the toilet together when one say need to go. So Teacher Shorren told me that I can start packing underwear for Jasper, I was shocked with joy! I thought we are going to have to go through a hard time training him at year end during the 2 weeks break, hahaha. So I packed his underwear to wear in LL, thus instantly the amount of diapers consumed per day reduced. At home it took me a while to switch him to underwear because I am worried he will pee on the sofa!
Here we are, just got back from LL and Jasper is not wearing diaper.
Look at Jasper!!!
Oopsss! He forgot he's not wearing a diaper.
Of course I had to clean him up, he didn't like it, haha.

So Jasper wet the floor at home 3 times only. Mostly because he doesn't remember he's not wearing diaper. So first time was here. Easy to clean up. Another time he was playing with the doll house, not too bad also. And 3rd time he was standing at the kitchen entrance.

In LL, teacher said he once wet the play floor. It was partially on purpose.
But.. during his naps, he can overflow his diaper up to 3 times a week. They have a new diaper after bath, had lunch, drank soup, went to toilet before nap, still !

Jasmine getting trained to hit a dead insect, can't remember what insect.
She is so proud of herself.
We are all proud of her!

Morning while we are getting ready, Jasmine took these shots :)

Sleepy kids, cos they sleep after 10pm at night.
They had some fun drawing on the Note 9 phone before Joshua returned it to DirectD.

Jasmine dressed the deer up with paper and glue. Quite creative, I gotta say. :)
This is her drawing :)

He likes to hold my arm to sleep, not just in the car but also when he is on his bed.


Whenever I scold Jasper, he says the most manipulative things!
He cried and said "I thought you said I am your baby?"
And goes non-stop "I want mummy to be happy. I dont want mummy to be angry."



They are climbing the swing like it is monkey bars! Very adventurous but we didn't stop them.
Jasper fell down once but he was fine.


Daddy went to London! and this is our first Facetime during dinner time.
Jasmine sleeps her at night. This is becoming her favourite place.
Because look at this, Jasmine doesn't have space to sleep when she comes over, which is usually later.

VA trial day!!! Wore new black sport shoes and new poney jeans.
Because jeje wears shoes, he also insisted on wearing the lightning Mcqueen shoes, hahaha.
We are slightly early, so yeay we can take some photos! :)

She came back and told us about "strong choice". When Jasper did something she asked him "Is that a strong choice?"
She obviously learnt that in VA. :) She enjoyed herself and that the buddy who takes care of her is called Charlize.

VA trial day 2 !!

This t-shirt is better as the first day's t-shirt is a bit too short.

Jasper brought new blanket because he wet the previous day's blanket in his sleep. How did he pee so much until the diaper couldn't hold everything in.... ??

She carries the little skiphop backpack and the Victoria Secret pink bag that has her extra change of clothes (just in case), lunch container and breakfast container. I am already starting to plan and do lots of research on Lazada on her school bags for next year!
I went for a debrief with the VA teachers, Jasmine did very well during the trials and she got herself a big piece of stickers as reward. Teacher mentioned that the Prep class will be mostly taking home reading as homework. They have to read 3 times and she will read during the afternoon rest/homework time. Also she has to wear uniforms, white blouse!! with grey skort. White socks and black shoes. Pick up time 5.30pm. -_-

Jasmine's amazing artwork done at home. :)

Daddy in London. :) Arrived with oily flat hair. -_-

Went to Buckingham Palace. Here he did video call with us and showed the kids the soldiers riding on a horse and those marching.

Hua Wei phone launch day.
Shopping at Primark alone, stressful stressful. We whatsapp to decide which to buy etc.
Finally dinner with Aunty Yan although he was late because spent too much time at Primark!

Back home!! Using his new Hua Wei phone, he snapped photos of the kids. :)

Painting time.
Jasmine painted a boat with rows of passengers seat. :)

This is Jasper's art. :)

Breakfast before church because daddy misses his normal daily breakfast.
Jasmine rocking her clip on earrings.
She got treated by Isabel to this auto-drive cars after lunch!!
Jasper too!


Jasper's motor was so slow it is very funny to watch esp with his blank face, and slowly knocking into other stationary cars, hahaha.
Gaya.


This is Eli. Jasper always say Eli is my best friend.
This is Isabel, Jasmine's favourite jeje.
On the way home, someone is of course sleepy. Again, my arm.

This is us after we are finally home from Summit! Us twinning in the skirt, but doesn't look that similar actually.
So tired after a long sunday.
Evening on the swing.


Jasper in the storeroom...

We started sticker chart for the kids again. This time every 10 stickers they get from doing reading/keeping toys/house work/workbook they get rewarded with RM1 and at the 50th sticker, they get RM10 !! Mainly motivated by Jacinta's kids who get pocket money from this kind of reward until she can treat Jasmine Jasper to the car ride. And then Sheree as well, motivated me to try this again.
And of course, Jasmine collects stickers faster than Jasper.
When Jasper felt the pressure, he can do all 4 things in 1 night, got the 4 stickers to catch up. If he wants to, he can actually do it.

Movie night!

They helped themselves up and down the motorbike.


22nd Oct, Jasper got his fingers trapped between the front grill door, it was so painful until the first few seconds he couldn't cry with sounds. :(
23rd Oct, he was sitting on dining chair and somehow he just fall off the chair and hit his arm hard on the floor. -_-
23rd Oct, it was a cooling and rainy night, so Jasmine read "Cat in the Hat" outside on the swing. :)

Scraping art at the kitchen, so I can sweep the dirt out straight away.


Rare time to see Jasmine eating a banana!!!



Swim class! Jasmine graduated from her Toddler 3&4 class and her lesson became 45 minutes long, hallelujah !


Look at Jasmine pretending to sleep.

26 October, my company's movie night. Goosebump 2 at Pyramid. The kids followed to eat the food provided. Jasmine asked why can't she join me for the movie, I said because it is a scary movie. Just as the movie was starting, the lights were dim and the music from the movie started playing, Jasmine cried!!! She can't wait to leave the cinema hall, she said to me "bye bye mummy" and ran when I carried her to the exit. She was the first in the cinema to cry, the movie hardly started!
Joshua took them out to play at the Arcade with a box full of popcorns. He had to help them finish off the popcorns otherwise they will eat too much.

So much fun pure pretending!


Then they went to Popular to read again.
I came to join them here after the movie ends.
Back at home. It's a Friday night so.. we all slept late. They had some wrestling with daddy.

Saturday, we went to Amway to buy Vitamin C for the kids. At the Amway garden we saw bees and butterflies flying in and out of the flowers. Good chance to educate them. I've been reaching "Unschooling" book so really taking each opportunity of real scene before us to teach them is much better than classroom learning.
Saw an indian man making kolam art outside the Amway store. Good exposure to the kids. We took some coloured rice home. The man was very nice to share with us.

Now Jasper's speech has a lot of "Also me" instead of me too.
He also says "I have this but not you"
"I have muscles on this leg and muscles on this leg, I am strong like captain america"
"I ask daddy buy spider man ok?"


Ah Ma in Subang! :) :)
Followed us to church, ate at Nyonya cendol and paid for their car rides again. Haha. 
Jolene too! We had lunch at Pu Tien. :)

We did this together, party pack from Seth & Stephano and we assembled the car together. She did most of it herself, so glad she could follow the paper instructions so well.

Washing own cup after drinking moo moo cow. For now, they both loves to do it.

Again, motorbike.


Almost got Jasmine into a commercial for Kleenex but we backed out when we found out it was just a picture shoot, not video and Joshua had to be wearing make up!!
Measured on 11th Oct, she is 101cm and Jasper is about 94cm. We now measure against the giraffe ruler sticker in their room! Thanks to Ah Ma for the random purchase that I couldn't return because I collected the parcel late from PopBox. Haha. 

They don't play with toys, just random papers, tapes, scissors, cloth etc. I am on the look out to buy one more ikea lack table for them, because the one we have is getting too small for the 2 growing kids.

Homes! So thankful that we are our friends and they have their own friends in this fun Homes.

So both kids now hugs my arms to sleep, Jasper takes the left arm (like a bolster to him), Jasmine takes the right arm (she likes to kiss my hand). And when I kiss Jasper good night, Jasmine ask why I didn't kiss her, vice versa. When I rest my head on Jasmine's bed, facing Jasmine, Jasper ask why I am not facing him!  Hahahaha... my precious kids, you know mummy and daddy loves you so so so so so much.... Can't thank God enough for the both of you, such amazing children that brought so much colours in our lives. :) :) :) Mummy loves you, my 3years old and 5 years old. :) 

No comments: