Thursday, February 14, 2019

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 37th month (Jasmine 64th)

1st Dec 2018, Ah Ma and Jolene are all in Subang Jaya. Jasper wore his monkey suit and followed the Just Dance video. He did managed to dance according to the videos, with Jolene in minion suit watching the videos, only Jasmine was stoned the whole time, refuse to dance.
We had a celebration at Rakuzen, for my birthday and also Jasper's birthday, just 10 days apart. :) 
We brought the kids bikes to the Court Yard mall as usual and they cycle round the mall, outside Book Xcess. 
That Sunday, Ah Ma followed us to church and before we eat at Black Canyon ,the kids got to play on this merry go round. 
Summit christmas decor.

7th Dec, LL birthday party at LL. Messy hair because LL don't comb hair for them. Haha.






Ryan and Ezra.
At first Joshua couldn't make it and Anne supposed to come with me, but he made it anyway. So yeay!
I find the birthday celebration there lack the program flow, because Pastor Sarah is not in. If she is around, she will get the kids to pray for the birthday baby. The other teachers doesn't do what she do.
This is Teacher Shorren, Jasper's class teacher. She toilet trained him!
Group photo with the 4 and 5 years old class. :)
Back at home, we told Jasper the next day is his birthday party and we have to clean the house so that his friends will enjoy his party. He and Jasmine took a wet cloth and started to help us clean. 
They wipe staircase, floor mat, chair legs, TV, floor.
We ordered a spiderman cake from M cake Boutique and the tassels were from Angel my Laureate colleague who bought and didn't use.
Jasper and Jasmine arranged this too. :)
We spread out the inflatable pool in the kitchen, ready to start inflating it first thing in the morning!
This is the party!
We just wish that all of them had enjoyed themselves.







I made a mistake by freaking out when I heard Joy told the girls to wear sunblock before entering the pool. I thought I should get the kids out of the pool to quickly apply sunblock for them! Little did I know that because they are already wet, the sunblock doesn't get absorbed into their skin, so all resolved in the pool water, making it murky. The kids all escaped from it after they realise that the water is "dirty". :( Sorry!

Some of them escaped to the smaller pool which is ours. And we connected the water to the animal mouths that sprays water, it was another kind of fun! :D


I realised that my friend did not put on Jasper's name on the cake, at all. -_- So I used the cake topper I made for LL party and stabilise it on the bottle of magic pens, and put it next to the cake. The best I can do!! Next time need to tell my friend in specifics!
The kids gathered around to watch Jasper's 3rd birthday video and then come around the table to sing birthday songs.






Cake, is not so delicious, just chocolate. Haha.
Then the kids just playing with the toys in the house. I wished I remember to ask Joshua to perform some magic tricks again.

Jasper couldn't wait but to quickly open up all his presents. He received a bumble bee toy from Ezra and a Star Wars sweater from Zyon.

Spiderman movie on a long weekend! Spiderman in the spiderverse.

Jasper could follow the movie to our surprise! Only he kept asking whether the movie is finishing. Jasmine was afraid of the loudness though, so eventually they both switched places, Jasmine sat next to me and I help to cover her ears. 
As we are leaving we were tired! But the tired kids saw this train in the mall and wanted to ride in it. I managed to quickly move them up the escalator and say if we see it upstairs, we will take it. True enough.... we saw it right in front of the final escalator.... have to keep my words. So RM5 each I think... Joshua went with them while I buy some christmas presents at Kaison.
Jasper plays with Jasmine's little poney figurines. 

Rainy day here, it is cooling and I took the opportunity to set up a little outdoor reading mat.
It is drizzling on the side and then we just sit down and read something. Jasper is of course doing something on his own.
Jasmine reading the peppa pig activity magazine. We have done all the activities, now reading the little stories before I donate them to VSH.

This month, I felt really necessary to put in enough nutrition into the kids, esp when I look at Jasmine's sparse hair (like mine) compared to her friends'. I feel responsible to give her the best, some things if I can do I do, DNA I can't help it...
So there goes my attempt to cook more fresh meals for them. I make sure I put in lots of greens! I read online that green leafy vege is good for hair growth. Whatever it is, greens always good.

So they eat their good meals at home and then we will eat out.
Mismatched slippers was what Jasper insisted that day.

15 Dec, LL christmas party. It was a simple party with pot luck food and games. The girl's name is Ranice, she is Jasper's classmate. The mother asked whether they can take a picture together but Jasper refused to. After that, I managed to snap some pictures of them with Teacher Jenny, but I dont have the mother's contact to share the photo to her. I need to activate the parenting network with Jasper's friends' parents....
Jasper's class there are only 2 girls, Ranice and Olivia. The girl below here is Olivia. 
He is eating Ezra's pop corns. Ezra is not happy with this.
I thought it will be fun to have Jasmine wear her rainbow skirt.. but it turned out to be quite untidy and sloppy. Esp when she run about.
And when she dance... Next time for such occassion, I must remind myself to dress her simply. Just one pretty dress shall do the trick.
There were paper scissors rock game between kids and teachers. Jasper did quite well, except his scissors is a gun. Thumb and the pointing finger. Haha.
There!!



We were giving out christmas presents to their classmates. Kayleb received a hot wheel car from us and Jasper became obsessed with it. I had to break open another present that was reserved for Stephano but he didn't come. So here's Jasper playing with his new hot wheel truck, which is now being ignored and forgotten!

Stickers on the face again.
All. over. the. face.

Homes Christmas party at Vijay & Stef's house.
The kids watched cartoons and Elijah kept on hugging Jasper that night.
He is like a big brother to him.
I managed to invite Shin Mei and her boyfriend Mervyn to join us, such a privilege!


Sunday morning was Jasper's swim trial class. I think is on 16th December.
He will officially start the Sand Dollar class in January.
We bumped into Liam (Jasmine's LL classmate) dad and brother at the trial class too. So I forgot the daddy's name, but he is from Malacca and is a mix portugese. They honestly look more malay to me.


Such a big girl now.
Eating at the swing means I dont need to clean up spills. Hehe. Weather is good enough for them to do this. LL officially closed, so I am staying home with them everyday.

Going to swim class. She really enjoys it.
Jasper is patiently waiting for January to start his lessons. At least I hope he understands that. :)

Randomly he will put on his monkey suit to play. It's so hot in it. 
Most people say that Jasper looks like me. :) Do we look alike?
Eating alfresco again! :D
Jasmine's drawing. 

As one of the 12 days countdown to Christmas, we did a Jesus birth role play with the kids using the tent in the living room as the manger. Jasmine decides to be the baby jesus, me Mary, Joshua Joseph and Jasper the innkeeper /wise man.
After the role play, she wrote this thank you card, "thank you wiseman" for the gifts! So thoughtful right!
This is the fancy manger.
Our tree.
Jasper likes to play in here :) We even tied a fan in here so that he can read here comfortably instead of cover in sweat.

December 20th, Jasmine's last day going to LL.
I am going to miss seeing her in LL uniform.
She is having cheese in her mouth, haha.


December 21st, we took the kids to G2G Animal Garden. That day Joshua was not feeling well, so we didn't do as much as I hope we could. Also the weather was extremely hot, it was not so comfortable. 

Jasper fed the parrot. He did so well with his hand at first, after that he decided to just use the cup because he was worried the parrot might eat his hand.

They are so shy and fearful of even the rabbits.
Look at that.

Classic city kids!



Deers.

We have a place to rest, finally, shaded and out of the hot sun.
While Joshua rest there, I took the kids to walk up to see the horses and then some goats.





Many many goats here.



Tortoise.
Emu.
Then finally, let them have a poney ride. RM5 I think and it was just a really short round.




I think these are some sheeps. We try to get them to touch some sheeps before leaving. 





Final group photo before heading home. Joshua needs a nap.


Take train to Alor Setar on 22nd Dec 2018.
This is early morning before we leave for the train. Jasper found a comfortable pillow (Ah Yi's bra), haha.


We booked this by coincidence, actually need to swap seats with another family, they asked us first. What a blessing.


Jasper enjoyed wiping the table.
Arrived finally. 

Steep slide at a nearby playground. I didn't quite like to see them slide down because it created some holes on their cotton pants.
Run down playground but there's a small hut.

Make tong yuen after lunch time. We made a lot but no one eats, haha. I personally don't find it delicious.

This is how we sleep on our first night. Everywhere every direction we are exposed to dust flying around or hanging about... so I found this spot the safest but so uncomfortable for me!! :(

In clearing up some old stuffs, we found old phone and the kids each have one. Jasper kept his in his t-shirt front pocket. 
On the way out to throw recycle rubbish, they saw a monitor lizard in the long kang but it disappeared fast!
Christmas eve, we clean the outside ready for open house.
Dinner layed out on the table.
The kids' first time seeing carols.
Open Christmas presents. Jasper was on the mission to open up every single present before his eyes.

On the way to church on Christmas Day.
There was a puppet show that they enjoyed. 

Joshua's church drummer who influenced him to play drums.

On the train home!!!
Joshua fell ill again from eating a rotten carrot cake. Oops.


Back at home and open other presents, presents from mummy daddy Ah Yi and Ah Ma.
Treasure hunting for theeeeee present.
Helmet!!

New bag for the new year! This is Jasper's church bag.
Jasmine is ready for VA !

Daiso animals from Ah Yi. Play it straight away the next day.
Soak up the capsules to release the animals, see it grow into the nice animal shape.

First official motor ride with the new helmet!! :D
Have to learn to take turns.

Play date at Seth & Stephano's house while I go to INTI for meeting for 2 hours. It was quite a sudden call, thank God Mei Yee agreed to let the kids play there for 2 hours.
The kids went upstairs and play with almost all Seth & Stephano's toys. Haha.
Jasper even told me he saw their toothbrush and wanted the same one........ when we went to Aeon Big I bought for them. It is toothbrush with a suction cup underneath, so it can stand on its own. 

Art time in the kitchen... I am trying to let them try out painting. 
But cannot avoid the mess.... they kept asking to paint their hand. First time I allow, next day I said no... it was too messy.

My topless model watering the plants.
Help the clean the mat.

We went back in Muar for the ang mo new year! First time ever we get this idea from Evelyn to take the kids cycling in the malay taman to look for cows and goats.

And chickens, roosters and hens..
Then play pop pop!
Jasper found it too loud and told me to throw, so he can use both hands to cover his ears.
Went to Tanjung again!
Drive the car.. Jasmine is very good at it.
Jolene was also with us at the Tanjung. After Jasmine drove the car, Jasper was playing bubble and Jasmine got to try out controlling Jolene's car.

Ah Ma was with us! Of course, bought toys lo. Bubble guns and slinky.
Bubble gun for RM12 each.

Dinner at Lao Cha Bo. 
Fried sotong!

Much better sleeping environment in Muar.
Driving out for breakfast. 
After breakfast, we went to river cruise!
This time managed to pretend to sail the boat!
And take picture with the friendly captain.
At the Muar back garden, I cut out some vegetable ends and thought maybe let the kids do painting with vege stamp.


Juicing, this was suggested by Jasmine! She managed to get Ah Ma to use this juicer that she neglected for months. It was a nice after nap activity.
Piano jamming upstairs. They don't dance like before ;(
Basketball. This was a fruitful break. Jasper likes to bounce the basketball.
Jasmine reads to them. Very good!!
Before going home we took some photos in front of this tassel leftover from Jasper's party, before I throw away.

Korean lunch before driving back to Subang Jaya. 

That's how 2018 ended for us all. :)

No comments: