Monday, February 17, 2020

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 49th month (Jasmine 76th)

Dec 2019

Jasper has a new spiderman pajamas from Ah Ma. It is over RM100 from Mothercare! -_- I wouldn't approve.. but... grandmother's love is too great.

Decathlon, buy my stepper exercise machine. Anne came with us and let the kids play some ball games. 



Weekend we finally found time to buy new light for our staircase. It's been crooked for some years and one side of the bulb burnt. I decided not to replace the bulb but the whole thing. :) Picked black frame. It is hard to find. 
We also then framed the world map and changed out the old one. 
Jasmine decided to try to touch the ceiling. 

Jasmine attended 4 days of Eco Brick Class at Puchong - Eileen's day care centre. I initially signed her up for the cooking & science class, but it clashed with Lick Hung's prep week, so I had to change to this class instead. 


So there she made pillow case and a bag out of old t-shirts. She also made 3 little eco bricks.
Every morning Joshua will drop her off and then Joshua's parents will pick her up at 5.30pm. We will then all consolidate at the USJ house. 

Following week, still on holiday, so she followed Joshua to Red Com's office. Joshua said he couldn't find Jasmine out of a sudden??
She's hiding in the egg chair, haha!
Homes Christmas party! Didn't know that this would be our last homes with Jacinta and family. They decided to change church and homes. :(  I guess, this further affirms that our move to Lick Hung was correct. Jasmine can make many many more friends there instead of just the few in VA. 






So we initially planned to take Jasper to Sunway Lagoon on 7th December, but we had to postpone it because Jasper vomitted in LL on 6th December! We suspect it was the breakfast - raisin buns. The bun was purchased the night before, on discount. It probably wasn't fresh! 

I rushed to pick Jasper up and on the way to my car I fell and scratched my left knee cap. 

When Jasper went back to LL, Teacher Pei Pei asked him what is the meaning of 兔 he answered vomit. Hahaha...

December 11th Sunway Lagoon for Jasper's birthday! Dressed them in swim attire straight away. 


First ride. 




Pool time.
Brought along water guns. The both of them explore it together. 


Heading towards the beach.

Jasmine didn't like the sand, she had gone to the deep part of the pool with Joshua. Jasper loves the sand, so he's here quietly playing. 





We managed to hop into the Thomas Train. The kids didn't like it because... the train has a lot of sand. -_-
Another water play station. Getting hot and sunny. 

Jasmine was the first to say she's had enough. So I changed her at the waiting area but covered her with towel when she change her clothes. 


Petting zoo. 
Kept having to ask for vegetables to feed the animals.



Longkang fish. We couldn't catch it. Wonder how other people easily caught a few. 
Group photo at Nicklelodeon while we wait for train again. 
We went to see some animals.. and mid way it rained! We spent the rainy time at Mary Brown's. Then we bought cotton candy. 


Continue with animals! Here are the flamingoes. 

Tiger or Lion...
Very entertaining bears, they were fighting when we were there. 
Jasper started to feel sleepy and tired... 
Hanging bridge supposed to be our last stop. 



We were tired, Jasper fell asleep on my shoulder but Jasmine wanted to walk to the other end of the bridge. We have to walk back because it's nearer to exit as this is our final stop. So I passed Jasper to Joshua at the middle of the bridge and walked with the brave little adventurous girl. :) 
Exclusively with Jasmine only, the cup ride. 
Merry go round too.


Meet Julia for dinner to exchange Christmas presents. :) 

I remember feeling emo during dinner knowing that Jasmine wont be Zach's classmate next year. 



Played snow at the Christmas theme set up in the middle of the mall.

Jeremy's birthday, the kids refuse to try to make their own pao. -_- 




Last few days at LL.
I tried to take as many photos as possible.
Gonna miss this routine escalator. 
Usually it is not switched on, so we have to walk up all the way.




Started our annual Christmas countdown!


They both wanted to wear sleeping gown and Jasper ended up wearing this girly gown to bed!! Arggghhh... urgently need to get a boyish gown. 



I found my solution of the boyish sleeping gown, yeay!


Set up the tent again, one of the countdown activities. 14 Dec, couldn't find Jasper one evening and found him asleep in here!

Same thing, one evening I woke up from my nap and couldn't find Jasmine! And... found her here. :) 

15 Dec, the countdown activity was to write a note to the vallet parking guy at Summit and buy biscuits for him. We did! We quickly bought from Family Mart and insert a somewhat half written note quite last minute to pass to the uncle. Because he suddenly appeared at the shop Break Time where we were also having breakfast. We took the time to tell the uncle that the both of them won't be attending sch in Summit started the next month.

Final week at LL, I tried to stay on to take some photos and videos. :) 


Gonna miss this annoying body check procedures.
Bumped into Isaac Choo that morning. :) 









My final time eating with Shwu Chyi because she resigned... sigh. Need to find time to meet her my only ever friend from Muar. :) 

I believe it's another countdown activity here, should be role playing Jesus's birth. :) 




Then we have a new shoe rack to assemble. :) 


Couldn't wait to get rid of the old one. 

Last day, he gets to wear Christmas theme clothes because they were having Christmas party. 

Pick up. Bye bye LL.


Told Jasper he's going to Summer Academy next year, he said he will beat the kids at Summer Academy. -_- I threatened that he will have no more half boil eggs to eat, then he agreed to be nice and do things fast and read books fast. 



Still look for elbow.
Sunway Pyramid with Ah Ma and Ah Yi. 
We went to Uniqlo to buy some shorts for Jasmine. And also t-shirts. While I was browsing the clothes, Jasmine came to ask me if a crop top is nice. She was hoping she can wear something that is short until her belly button. -_- We bought a pair of new pants and also a white blouse. 

Typical nap time.
Visit Lick Hung school because I need to complain to the bookshop, counted wrong money (over-charged me) and missed out some books in the list. -_-

Dec 23, Christmas dinner at USJ 12 house. Very very hot... and water cut day.

Open christmas presents. 


When we got home, we let the kids open their new school related presents. 
Summer Academy uniform top.
Lick Hung sports pants. 
New pencil case. 
New school bag!
He kept saying he doesn't want to go to Summer Academy.....
She's surprisingly fine although I think Lick Hung is much more intimidating. 
I think Jasper dropped a big pi sai out on my hand. 
Christmas service.
Reading new books given by Julia.

Christmas treasure hunt!! This year our surprise present for the kids is a DRONE. 
Meet the Puahs! 





Jasper is not showing happy face here, can't remember why. But they were up early, haven't bath and haven't taken their nap. They are basically smelly, tired and sleepy, but Jasper is in denial mode. hehe. 

This is the picnic he's asked for a few times. Finally we are here.




Jasmine picked her outfit today herself. I wouldn't approve wearing the pants under the dress, but decided to let her learn to make decision. This doesn't harm anyone, just a bit hot for her.. poor girl.



Back in Muar, new NSK supermarket

26 December, both kids go to Optimax for their first eye check up. 
Jasper doesn't read alphabets accurately yet so the doctor let him recognise pictures. 
Aeroplane is one of the icon. Jasper would say it is aeroplane but as it gets smaller, he said dragon fly. It's so cute. 
Confirm both doesn't have lazy eyes. 
Jasmine has 25 astig. No short or long sightedness. 
Jasper has minor long sightedness which is normal for kids below 5 years of age. 

Then we went to Wetex with Ah Ma. Buy uniforms etc... 

Of course ice cream treat first. 




Busy buying pinafores. white blouse, black socks, water bottle (for Jasper). Mostly from Wixon. 
So I got to know that Pei Xuan was back from Hobart and we decided to meet up on 27 Dec. She's in Muar and our timing finally aligned.
She gave me address "24 Taman Maharani" to go over to her parents house at 11am... our plan is just let the kids play some toys. But at 10.15am she told me that they are ready and we come go anytime.... I told her.. hmmm.. my kids are still in the inflatable pool, give me some times. 
Then she say "We should come over then!!" So I said please do!!!  But I told her if not convenient is fine, we can let the kids play in the pool next round. And I suggested that I can bring a bubble machine over to her house.... then she decided "we should come laaaa look so fun" ok la I told her if you want, just come!! So I took the kids to wait in the hot sun with some snacks. 

Very impromptu meet up with Pei Xuan and kids!

First play in the pool, so funny we didn't have any photos from the pool. The kids were shooting with 3 shooters, up and down and at each other. Emmanuel, Jasmine and Jasper. Evie didn't want to go in. 

Then come water balloons time. Pei Xuan brought so many! I tried the hose at the back, doesn't fit and went to try the one in front, it worked!! Woo hoo!!
So satisfying to watch the balloons get filled up. 

And then throwwww!

Somemore. 
Somemore.. haha... 

After we're done, we dry the kids and dressed them in dry clothes while they have some snacks in the living room.



Then lunch at McDonalds. Joshua drove that BMW ok... while I sit in front and Pei Xuan with all the kids at the back. Epic!!! We initially planned to eat at Favor Rich but just opposite it was Mc Donalds!! The kids all screamed "McDonald's!!!" 
Pei Xuan so generously paid for lunch. She's a truly successful business woman with big business plans in her head while being a fantastic full time mother in Hobart. I do hope that I will have the chance to learn from her or work on something together with her!
The kids went crazy at the playground while me and Pei Xuan chatted non-stop.... then suddenly Evie (whom we praised that she's toilet trained at such young age) peed in the playground! So Pei Xuan went in and go all the kids out, telling them the place is very very dirty. Then..... the worse thing came. Evie started to poo poo in her panty!!! So we told Joshua to manage the 3 kids while I helped Pei Xuan to clean Evie up... throw away the poo poo with the panty, I took out tissues for her to wipe her clean. And we quickly made our way to the car. 

We decided to take this picture before we drop ourselves home.... 
Can you imagine they are only ONE YEAR APART??? 


That evening, we took the kids cycling at the neighbourhood where we found some animals up close....
I never explored that part of the neighbourhood, so glad that they have this kind of childhood. 

A cow!

Jasper is very worried for his safety.. because the cow seems to be moving towards us. 
Next junction, a goat.
We were worried because it came closer and closer to us and Joshua said it's not tied up.
Jasper was completely frightened and burst into tears. So cute!
Jasmine found it to be hilarious.
At night, we played with the Christmas presents from Shin Wee, a monster stuck in the slime. 
Messy messy. This is not a good slime... because after that I made my own slime, hehe. Jasmine's face. 


Our plan to meet with Pei Xuan again on Saturday, didn't happen... because they have too many things going on and too tired to come out with us to Tanjung. We went ahead and brought a kite with us!
They have new cars to drive!


And Jolene play with bubbles again, Jasper tagged along for free. 

I snapped many photos here with my new iphone 11 and also hoping to get a good picture to be printed for Summer Academy's use. 

Jasper's wearing new t-shirt (from Ah Ma) and new Ejen Ali slippers (from Ah Ma again!).

Our kite string is too short and was trying to buy, then only we found out it has been illegal to fly kite at tanjung for many years because too many kites got stuck to the trees. 
The wind was perfect for kite flying!
We sat the the river banks and enjoy the breeze. 




Snapped my winning shot here.
This one for Summer Academy.
That night we went to Benjamin's shop for dinner. His food is surprisingly yummy. Benjamin came out to make balloons art for the kids. He saw both Jasmine and Jasper and he thought Jasper is a girl!!!! In a much later conversation with koko, he said "your sister's 2 girls"... Hahaha.. 
Jolene's new toy that was destroyed by the kids on Friday (Emmanuel, Jasmine, Jasper & Evie). I tried to put it back but it's harder than one can imagine. I don't want to give up so I did it even though it's time for kids to go to bed. Koko showed me the manual, which is just a picture on shoppee, not even a proper instruction manual. So I kept doing and then it's late... eventually I was alone in living room and kept trying. Once I finished it I went upstairs and found Jasmine still awake, so I took her down to look at my finish products. I told her, that I didn't give up! She was very happy for me. :) 

Next day, we let Jasper play with the bubble machine here together with Jolene.
Trying to teach Jasmine how to ride bicycle on 2 wheels. I just decided it's time to teach her to ride the bike properly.

Decided that this stretch is not long enough so have to find another place to go to.
So my great idea to drive out to Datuk school field. 
Jasmine was reluctant at first to try the bicycle... she said she wants to fly the kite (we bought new strings from Mr DIY).. and she said her power is she can command the wind. Haha. Can you see her commanding the wind. :P
This place is perfect for riding the bicycle! After a few stretches, Jasmine could do it!!! She's such a champ!!!
She's crying here when she was riding saying "easy peasy, lemon squeezy" second before she ran into Jasper... she was mad that Jasper blocks her way. 
So my job was to distract Jasper away, we took some selfies and also went to pick up some plastic rubbish. He felt a bit left out because we kept focusing on Jasmine. 
Look at her go! She managed to cycle straight line!! What an achievement. 

We were going back to Muar.... before that we decided to come spend time at the office.
The kids love to go to Ah Ma's office. Jasmine likes to do art & craft at Ah Ma's table. 





Drink milo at this place and mummy said this picture is nostalgic to her. :) I framed it up in our house, the wall of fame. :) 
They messed up the beddings after this and I had to tidy up -_-

We drove back to Subang Jaya on 30 December. Would've stayed longer if we could but we have to attend Lick Hung orientation on 31 December. 

31 December, Lick Hung orientation from morning to noon. Kids go to class while parents (and Jasper) go to Assembly Hall for briefing.
So many Standard 1 kids. 
Here's the hall. we sat next to Jessie, Orion's mum.

Get to know standard 1 class teachers. Jasmine's class teacher is the oldest and we hope is the most experienced and most patient loving kind. 

Joshua took this photo, I have  no idea what and where it is. 
Next, go to the 1F class to collect borrowed text books and fill up insurance forms. Pay insurance. Also fill up vaccination forms, I didn't give consent for them to jab my child because it comes with a genital check!! Like what??! No. Way.
Jasper was too bored so Joshua let him play outside. 
Went to pick Jasmine and we are ready to go home. 
Lunch at nearby coffee shop. Jasmine went to say hello to 2 friends at different table. Friendly girl.
That afternoon after Jasper's nap, we went to Ikea! To buy new tv bench for our living room. 
This is our tea, ikea curry puffs and coffee and they had water. 
Soy ice cream too but it was so messy....

Joshua bought new pillow too. This was not in our shopping list but his current pillow is old and yellow and this is a much needed change. 
Purchase of the new TV bench was triggered by new TV from Muar. And I really needed extra space for the kids art supplies, to encourage more creativity in the house, since the new school Lick Hung will be typical chinese school. The old tv bench has 2 drawers that was not working at all. So we changed to open shelve TV bench and can't wait to assemble it!!
Before going home, stop by for chap fan dinner. 

Jasmine's post scared me a little... why is she so grown up. I never even post like this... where did she learn this from?
New TV bench installed! With the new TV! But we forgot to pack the remote controller from Muar... haha.. have to wait for mummy to send by pos laju. Decided to keep the tent out for the kids to have more imaginary play. :) A more fun and relaxing living room I hope!
It was all finalised at 12.30am... it was tiring for us. Very very..... but we didn't know... that something huge was going to happen the next day.... We thought that we have everything ready for a start to a new Year 2020.. but things often doesn't go as we hoped or planned.....  
For we do not know what tomorrow holds. but we know who holds tomorrow. :) 

No comments: