Thursday, July 8, 2010

Interesting answers from the American

How can you call the Golden Gate Bridge your 1st love and your wife your 2nd love? You're bad...
These are two different types of love. One will not argue, get angry nor talk to me but the other is directly the opposite. * Cheeky as always! *


I went to America completely on my own free will - with my lover calling since I was 12 years old, constantly waiting for my arrival "zi zi di tern tau wo lai 痴痴地等到我来", 10 years later, when I saw her (Golden Gate Bridge), I did not know it was "red" other than that black and white picture, more beautiful than my dream!!!!! amazing even as I write. * Love drama *

Don't you miss home?
Do I miss home? Is a Yes No situation. Letters takes 7 days the earliest or 14 days (all written in English by my sisters, towards the later part I asked them to write in Chinese so San Jiu Ma can translate). Translation was fine when you are boyfriend and girlfriend, was in detail but after marriage, she will read the whole letter and said "everything is fine at home". Thus, I started to call home frequently.

Were your family at your wedding in America?
I got married without telling my parents, just called and told them that I am coming home with my wife September of 1979. Then you need blood test before you can marry. The morning we were supposed to be married in front of the judge at City Hall - the lab did not get the blood certificate signed by a medical doctor when went to pick-up but fortunately a doctor came into the lab and he signed it and off we went.

Don't you have to serve in the military?
If USA did not change its laws on my arrival, I would have joined the Air Force as a cadet. After serving one year I can be a resident and another a US citizen and let the government pay for my education. But the law changed, believe me, I had tried many venues to to be part of USA when I arrived including to serve the US Flag.

How do you get through the hard times?

It was not hard for me after a while, unlike the first day in Oklahoma, I was not going to unpack but go back to London and get my tuition refunded but I changed my mind because my emotions was deciding for me. With time, I learnt that to survive I had to be resourceful.

One thing changed - myself. I had been put through the washer, the dryer and dry cleaned for the greater part of my college years. Till this day I have no regrets cause I did it my way .....like the lyrics of the song

And now the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Yes there were times I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out, I faced it all
And I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing

To think I did all that
And may I say not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way

For what is a man what has he got
If not himself then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way

Yes it was my way


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU

At Pier 39, year 2008, brother & sister. 7 years apart. :)


There is no limit what a person can do except setting a limit!

Not to worry about income - everything has its own places in life, similar to a puzzle. Time is your answer.

One may dream and have a burning desire, but how to bring this into reality or the act of doing???

Thus there is a difference of day dreaming and dreaming by definition.

"My Way" was one of the top hits during my teens. The lyrics says it all - these followed me to London years!! Now in San Francisco these songs are on 96.5 FM - you see even now I am still trapped in my dream, encouraging me to chart my way through the difficulties I am confronting with each passing moment of my life.

I have to admit, there are moments I feel I am beaten but then I came back with a "force". :)

Hehe, just don't be as lazy as this sea lion la.. :P

No comments: