Saturday, July 17, 2010

My old wardrobe



Back in the 90s, when my grandparents moved from Ayer Tawar to Subang Jaya for good, they have to get rid of quite some furnitures, and some of them were transported all the way to Muar. :) So, I used to have a wardrobe that looks a leeeeetle bit like the one in the picture. It was not white, it was brown.. and it doesn't come with such fancy design, but this the closest picture I could find. It is a very kampong wardrobe. It was kept near the exit of the common room (right next to the kitchen), on the way to our main bathroom.

It was small and simple, it was mine. :)

I used to keep a pen & notebook in the top shelf. Haha.. you must be wondering WHY? :P Because.. I had the habit of writing down what I wear everyday to make sure I don't wear the same outfit too regularly. All these started when I was in Form 1, I attended my BM tuition one day (I remember it was Cikgu Yahya's tuition), my friend saw me and said "Eh, you're wearing the exact same clothes you wore last week, haha" I was stunned. I was stunned ! And also embarassed! (Considering my age and that I don't yet know Christ, forgive me for being so insecure. Hehe) Not that I don't have much clothes, I just don't remember what I wore last week? So then I developed the habit of writing down.. I can't remember when I got rid of the small notebook, but over the years this has become a natural thing for me. I just wore this top last week, I shouldn't wear it this week. The last time I wore this skirt was last year, I need to wear it again. Bla bla bla.. all these just came so naturally.. (Disclaimer : I am not crazy). :P

Do you have a bad temper? I was quite a bad tempered girl back then. Not that I am not now, but I've learnt to control my temper, keeping the consequences in mind. :) During my secondary school days, I was a very rebellious, emo kid. Peer pressure in school, lack-of-attention at home.... hahaha :P I am sure everyone has gone through that stage! :P One night, we came home late from office again, daddy mummy worked late, we slept on the office couch or at the back corner with tilam & pillows. Came home sleepy, I took a stool, sat in front of my wardrobe, opened the glass doors, trying to look for my pyjamas.... the most annoying thing happened... the left glass door.. couldn't stay still, kept swinging back to hit my left arm. It happens all the time and never fail to annoy me, that night, I was extra impatient, for the first time in my life, I hit the glass door with my fist !!! >.< What was I thinking????? It was just a wardrobe door, it has no feeling, no life, it clearly has no intention to annoy me..... I hit it with my fist?

Next thing I remembered was the guilt and the full regrets for my action. The glass obviously was broken into pieces.. and my left hand was bleeding from it. -_- Can't remember how loud it was, but daddy came to rescue me. :) My sweet loving daddy. I acted as if it was an accident, I guess at some level daddy knew I hit it on purpose? I don't remember about the pain at all.. daddy cleared out the glasses with kor kor's help, I had a blur memory in my head now, kor kor holding up a white plactic bag with the glasses in it in the kitchen. The plastic bag looked like it was breaking cos the glasses were sharp and the edges were sticking out. I guess he left it next to the rubbish bin outside the gate. :P Poor rubbish collector.

Daddy and mummy bandaged my left hand. I remember clearly, that night, I slept with my left arm resting on my big pillow, in the air-con room, basking in my parents' love, I had an amazingly good sleep. :)

Later on, daddy mummy with the use of thumb tacks, covered the empty door with a piece of plastic table lining, just like the left one in the picture. :) No matter how hard my fist hit it, it won't hurt me this time. :P



It's clearly an expensive lesson to learn. And not a pretty one to share. Hope you're not too shocked reading about this. :D

I thank God that there is not a single scar on my left hand. :)

1 comment:

Jyan said...

(Disclaimer : I am not crazy)...Sure bo?? HOHOHO