Monday, January 3, 2011

Imitating the one I love :)



Found this picture of my mum. She was very young when this photo was snapped. I guess around 10 years old?

It's interesting to see the fashion trend in the 50s. Hehe.

You can't deny that the fashion styles in the 20s to 50s to 70s are coming back these days! I've seen many nice clothings my mum wore during her younger days. I interrogated her on the location of those nice tops and dresses.. but she's given some to her younger siblings, and some has been thrown away. :(

Well, I guess I won't be able to fit into her clothes if she kept any of those. She was soooooo much smaller than me! I can't imagine, she said that her waist was only 24 inches! >.<

Anyway, I purchased this dress (the one that made me feel guilty hehe), and thought it looked a little like the one she wore in the photo. :D



Mum told me that this dress (most of her dresses) were sewn by her mum, my grandma. I asked her why didn't she sew me some dress... I remember she sewed us pyjamas.. and curtains!! She said she could buy us dresses easily so never thought of making one. :) She used to hand stitch her own dress when she was studying in London. In fact that masterpiece was still in our Muar house, too bad I can't fit into it. :( I looked like a potato when I tried it on. Hahahahahaha... :P :P

I wish I can sew a dress. When I have time, I won't mind taking sewing classes, or just learn from mum. :) She's a great tailor. :D

No comments: