One day in year 2009 (can't remember exact date), we were hanging out at the tailor's shop. My mum was looking at different fabrics, thinking of designs for her dresses... and as usual myself and Anne were helping her out. Her tailor took out this oversized pink t-shirt to show us, she said she bought this for RM10 from FOS and she thought the material was really good and she could make a nice blouse for us if we want. My mum pushed me forward and said "do something for her then!" I was reluctant, I said "no". Mum insisted sooo hard.... she's a stubborn lady if I have not mentioned before.. I was "forced" to approve a design drawn by the 70 year old tailor. The only consolation I had was that this blouse won't be expensive (only need to pay for workmanship) plus it's t-shirt material anyway, so it can't go too wrong.....
Months later, we went back, and the blouse was ready. Here it is. It looked SO NORMAL. The only part I like is the colourful buttons at the side, I had to ask for change of buttons because some of the colours they gave, looked really dull.
On our way back home, I took out the receipt and was shocked to see RM220 charged for this simple blouse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fabric only costed RM10, how can the workmanship be so expensive??? I called back the shop and spoke to the cutter, she told me it was written wrongly by the lady who writes the bill. She must've assumed that the fabric was expensive fabric. She said we can remind them to reverse out the additional amount in the next bill. Well, guess what, my mum refused to remind them about the reversal of the additional amount when we went back to see them again. She said the tailor has become an old friend and it's only a hundred bucks or more, she said it's ok. :( I felt it was such a rip-off. Nobody knows how much they've wrongly charged my mum over the years? My mum never checks the bills. Super ignorant.
That aside, I'm very dissatisfied with the blouse. Not just it was way over-priced, no one believes me that it was tailor made!! It looked like something I could buy at any night market at RM20. -_-
Everytime I open up my wardrobe, I see this blouse, my mind kept searching for a way to make it more unusual... something I could wear and be confident in. After seeing some creative blouses my friend Jessica sold in her online shop here, I had the idea to dye this blouse! Just like some of the t-shirts she dyed. I thought they looked really really cool. Her online boutique is called The Hey Hey Hey, she sells all kind of clothes and t-shirts (male & female). Check it out! She ships internationally! ;)
Anyway, I asked her whether she could help, she said Yes! She's so good at it, look!!
Now I have an unusual blouse with colourful buttons at the side... :D At least now I wear it more often. :D
This is the best I could do to rectify the wrong decision made. Well, at least I too learned a lession. Now I strive to be a wise consumer. I will never let anyone over-charge me on something again, ever! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment