Well, it's no stale news that I'm getting married in 3 month's time. Haha.. but Joshua and I still need time to save money for the major renovation on the house we want to settle in. You may not know, that my elder brother is getting married in Oct 2011, 3 months after me! :D He stays with my mum in Muar, and so will my future sister-in-law, so our house in Muar needs urgent renovation! We've had many discussions about extending the back to have a bigger kitchen etc.. but we always lack one thing - advice from the expert. Without much hesitation, I know I can ask Shwu Chyi. :)
She's such a sweet girl. :) She is meeting me this Saturday! Yeay!
She asked me what style do I like. I thought I could decide on my brother & mum's behalf, so I said "bright and spacious."
I told this to my brother, and he said this "But mummy and I love cave style, dark and gloomy. Mummy especially loves to be under her coconut shell."

After much recollections.... it's quite true?
Whenever I'm back in Muar, I was always the one who draw the curtains to the fullest, to allow the sun to shine into our living room. Our house is a semi-d, so we don't get a lot of sunlight from the sides, so I always target the front. You can see in this picture that I was sitting directly in front of the glass door and the corners behind me are relatively dark and gloomy, like my brother termed it - cave style.
When they watch movies in the living room, which occupies like 90% of their time (no joke), they will close all the curtains so that there won't be reflection on the tv screen, and I would always want it the other way.. I want to enjoy sunlight! I feel extra sad when I know that the day is coming to an end.. and the sun is setting.. :(
So this is close to my DREAM house!


And I guess... this is their dream house??


I really hope my brother were just joking when he mentioned about cave style.... -_- please be joking... give me a bright home... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment