Wednesday, February 1, 2012

99,999 or 9,999

Here's what happened yesterday..

Anne told me via email that our mum was going to pay RM99,999 as dowry to our brother's future in-laws.

We were all shocked!! and angry!! We don't have so much cash, how can we give so much away???


I had to give her a call. This conversation involved some tears and shaky voice on my part.

"Mummy, why are you giving so much as dowry? Did they ask for it?"
"No, they didn't ask, I am willing to give."
"But why so much?"
"You don't understand, this is adult's matter."
"But mummy you're in so much debt yourself now."
"This one must give.. no choice.. you just let me give, ok?"
"But mummy you can't do this, you are going to add on another RM100k to your debts!"
"What RM100k?? I am giving RM9,999 lahh!"
"Oh, really.. alright... hehehe... "


I understand my mum. She has very generous heart.. and she is never calculative. Well, if giving RM9,999 will make her feel good, I am ok. So long as it is not as huge as RM99,999..........

For this wrong news given by Anne which costed me cold sweat and tears.... I will knock her head when I see her personally this Saturday...