Thursday, November 22, 2012

18 October - Nami Island !

We are going to Nami Island. :) We had breakfast at Grace's place, cereals & bread & milk.. and left an hour later than planned. :( Bad time management.... so we really hope the travelling can be fast forwarded...
We need to go to a station, change line, to another station, and change line, to another station.. bla bla...
And in middle of it, Joshua made us got off at a wrong station. He said he heard it's the right station but I saw a different station name when we came out! He refused to back out and ask for help... we went all out looking for the line that we're suppose to hop on to get to Gapyeong station.. nowhere to be found. When he finally asked for help, I was right, we got off the subway 1 station early. So we had to buy ticket again.. while both of us were stress, I started blaming him, and he started asking me to stop doing that... in summary, we ended up having a cold war for an hour or more. It was so hard, I couldn't smile! I was so mad at him I couldn't find a reason to be happy... It's ironic because we were on our way to a beautiful island! It was bad, really bad.... but just before we arrive at Gapyeong station, we made up. It's not immediate, but I slowly smile again.......
And decided to not let the small fight ruin our day...
At Gapyeong Station, we took a cap to the port, where the ferry took us to the island.
It was a very short ride, in fact from the port you can see the island already.
His double chin never want to be left out...
I tried to cover so that he looks better..
Then we decided this is still the best solution. One more reason why we loveeee the cold weather! :P
Here we are, Nami Island. Another ferry was just leaving.
Here we are ! You can see the afternoon sun shining through the tree...

 
Beautiful autumn....


 

Sun was strong but we don't feel hot at all. The weather is jussstttt nice.. totally love it.

Joshua calls this place the giant botanical garden.. because all we see here are trees and trees...
We see plenty of squirrels in this island, climbing from trees to trees, making random holes..
 

 
Lunch! We picked the cheapest food we can find....

 
 
After lunch, we were on our way to rent tandem bike to go around the island, an then we saw the local even brought their pet to the island. Haha.
 
We used tripod to take photos. It's way better than asking a stranger to snap. This tripod was purchased by my daddy but never used until I passed to Joshua. :)  
 



 
This place is full of dried leaves. It's one of our favourite of the whole island. Because we only have the bike for an hour, so we got to hurry... if not we could've stayed longer here. :)



Saw this and remembered my grandma. This statue is exactly what she described to me! She said during her era, some woman would be breast feeding two kids at once and this kind of "flexible" breast would be called 布带乳! It's hugeee.. I can't imagine..  


 
Kindergarden graduation happening in the island too. We here the kids call their teacher in the cutest tone "seng sing nim.. seng sing nim" :D
 
Then we found this tree with the most yellow leaves! :D

We used timer and posed so many times just for this shot. I was too picky, either we were not looking at the same direction or the leave were not visible or my legs looked ugly bla bla bla.. I think at least 10 tries? :P

 
We also saw some ajuma activities going on.. it's heart warming to see korean woman having activities together. I wish my mum have this kind of community to mix with too, but she's too anti social....
 
We found one whole street with yellow trees! The whole place is feeling very orange-y. Totally autumn.
 

 
 
It's 5pm and Joshua's already very tired...

But I can still go on! :P

 
 
We did this crazy photo in front of a bridge. This whole island is filled with recycled things, so I suspect this wooden door is one of the recylcled item. It's quite randomly standing just in front of a glass bottle bridge.

In autumn, it gets dark by 6pm... so we know it's time to go back.. reluctantly.. we headed towards the port...along the way I kept on picking up dried leaves .. for memories sake..

 
 
This is the crowd trying to get into the ferry to leave the island.

We saw some people arrive at this time with their luggages, smart of them to stay over at this island. I wish we planned to stay!

 
Back in Seoul. Took the subway home.... still thinking about Nami Island. And I realised I should've worn this beret for photo in that beautiful island! :(
 
 
The night is quite cooling, we wished the rest of the trip would be like this but no..... probably that's why this day is the most memorable.
We got home about 8.30pm, we told Grace we would be back for dinner, thinking it's not nice for us to reject her offer to prepare. But our sms didn't reach her.. she ate with her brother.. and we had to eat some instant dish plus white rice. Not the best.. but we really cannot complain that much because it's FREE. Haha.. anyway we decided we won't promise any dinner with Grace anymore... it's better for us so that we can plan our night later.. and have more local delicacies. :) :)
That's our Day 3 in Korea.
p/S : Took me forever to complete this post because.. my picasa quota has maxed out! I couldn't upload further photos into blog unless I pay for picasa extended storage $5 yearly or explore other ways.. using Flickr. Upload into Flickr then copy the html link into this post. Very tedious and Joshua helped me figure out most of it. Tough!! But thank God we made it.. I hope my photos will not disappear...  

No comments: