A week ago, we had Pastor Dave speak at our Mandarin Service. It was always good to have him there, because I love his sermons. :) His main language is English but God has challenged him to preach in Mandarin, and everytime he does it, you know he does it not on his own strength, but God's.
Anyway, that week's sermon really impacted us. Joshua was off that Sunday so he followed me to Mandarin Service, he too was ministered to. Here's what Pastor Dave shared :-
受托银子的比喻
14 “天国又好比一个人要出外旅行,就叫来自己的奴仆们,把他所拥有的交托给他们。 15 他按照每个人自己的能力,一个给了五千两银子[p],一个给了两千两[q],一个给了一千两[r],然后就出外旅行。 16 那领了五千的,立刻用这些钱去做生意,另外赚了五千。 17 那领了两千的,也照样另赚了两千。 18 可是那领了一千的,却出去挖地,把他主人的银子藏起来。
19 “过了很久,那些奴仆的主人回来,与他们清算账目。 20 那领了五千两银子的,带着另外的五千两上前来,说:‘主啊,你交托给我五千两银子,请看,我另外赚了五千两。’
21 “主人对他说:‘做得好,忠心的好奴仆!你在少许的事上忠心,我要委任你统管很多的事。进来分享你主人的快乐吧!’
22 “那领了两千两银子的也上前来,说:‘主啊,你交托给我两千两银子,请看,我另外赚了两千两。’
23 “主人对他说:‘做得好,忠心的好奴仆!你在少许的事上忠心,我要委任你统管很多的事。进来分享你主人的快乐吧!’
24 “接着,那领了一千两银子的也上前来,说:‘主啊,我知道你是个严厉的人,不是你播种的地方,你收获;不是你投放的地方,你收集。 25 我惧怕,就去把你的银子藏在地里。请看,你的银子在这里。’
26 “主人回答他,说:‘你这又恶又懒的奴仆!你既然知道:不是我播种的地方,我收获;不是我投放的地方,我收集, 27 你就应该把我的银子存到钱庄里,这样我回来的时候,可以连本带利得回来。
28 “所以,你们把那一千两银子从他那里拿走,给那个有一万两的; 29 因为凡是有的,还要赐给他,使他丰足有余;那没有的,连他有的也将从他那里被拿走。 30 把这个无用的奴仆丢到外面的黑暗里去!在那里将有哀哭和切齿。’
Pastor emphasised that in all things we do, we do it unto God. God is not interested in the results, but He is interest to see our hearts, whether we are faithful, whether we are responsible. Only when we are faithful, God will entrust us with more, and His blessings will follow....
That following Friday, Joshua faced a challenge at Homes aka caregroup. Our host i.e. Joshua's sister promised to buy ice but did not, so he had to rush to nearest 7-11 to buy. There were many other small and simple things that needed his involvement because the sister is a bit "different"... so he started to ask in his heart "Why do I have to do these? Why do I have to buy ice even? Can't someone else do this?" Then Pastor Dave's message came to counter this negative voice = "忠心“. Isn't it true? It all starts small, when we are 忠心 with the little we're entrusted with, God will let us have more... and his promise is 进来分享你主人的快乐吧!:) :) I told Joshua eventhough he had a rough day, but I'm sure Devil was defeated that night. :)
Yesterday, I faced 2 trials. First one at lunch, I went lunch with 2 colleagues. They were hungry and we ordered dishes at a chinese restaurant. The bill came up to RM55.50 for 3 of us. I felt bad I had to spend so much for just a meal... plus I'm quite tight this month, I have to pay for my CPA yearly renewal fees which came up to RM2200..... My colleague Richard paid first. And he did some mental calculation and said RM16 per person. We each paid him RM16 and while doing so, I calculated, RM16 x 3 = RM48. He counted wrongly? Man.. this is awesome.. even RM16 is really pricy!! But... is this what God will do? :( No... so in the car, I used my phone calculator to count, I said "Richard, the bill divided equally should be RM18.50 per person.. you counted wrongly" He laughed and said "oh!! I didn't know!!" So we topped up another RM2.50 to him. I'm RM2.50 poorer but I know that I should be 忠心 at living out the right values, to be the salt & light for Jesus. :) No matter how small the issue is..... 在每件事要忠心.....
Second trial was at dinner with Joshua. We both ordered tom yam fussili chicken at Black Canyon, and Joshua ordered an Ice Lemon Tea to share. When we paid, the bill came up to RM24. I didn't suspect anything until I read the bill line by line (I usually don't do that) and realised they missed out the Ice Lemon Tea. A normal person would've just walked away... and a normal me will think "I've just spent RM18.50 on lunch, and now RM12 for dinner, I think this is enough..... lets just forget about the Ice Lemon Tea..." but I was again assured that I must go back to tell the cashier... so we did. We topped up RM6.40 for the Ice Lemon Tea. I definitely feel stupid... but the world will say we're stupid, God won't!! I told God, I want to be 忠心..... and I pray that the same values will be embedded in my fetus, my child, my 小黄。 :)
It's quite a fun night, having a long and exxagerated 忠心 talk in the car with Joshua... so much laughter... and joy. :)
Joshua is 忠心 at packing breakfast for me every morning even when he's fasting breakfast for 21 days!! He always made sure there's bread & butter supply in the house so that I can have proper breakfast.... Although is just simple bread with butter & peanut butter, I know my man is 忠心 and am so proud of him. Won't God entrust him with more and more? :) We're thankful for all that we've been blessed with, our house, our job, our investment property, our talents, our child that's coming in October... God, you're so good... thank you... :) Because you were first 忠心, now we want to duplicate that more and more. :) All glory to You!!!
Anyway, that week's sermon really impacted us. Joshua was off that Sunday so he followed me to Mandarin Service, he too was ministered to. Here's what Pastor Dave shared :-
受托银子的比喻
14 “天国又好比一个人要出外旅行,就叫来自己的奴仆们,把他所拥有的交托给他们。 15 他按照每个人自己的能力,一个给了五千两银子[p],一个给了两千两[q],一个给了一千两[r],然后就出外旅行。 16 那领了五千的,立刻用这些钱去做生意,另外赚了五千。 17 那领了两千的,也照样另赚了两千。 18 可是那领了一千的,却出去挖地,把他主人的银子藏起来。
19 “过了很久,那些奴仆的主人回来,与他们清算账目。 20 那领了五千两银子的,带着另外的五千两上前来,说:‘主啊,你交托给我五千两银子,请看,我另外赚了五千两。’
21 “主人对他说:‘做得好,忠心的好奴仆!你在少许的事上忠心,我要委任你统管很多的事。进来分享你主人的快乐吧!’
22 “那领了两千两银子的也上前来,说:‘主啊,你交托给我两千两银子,请看,我另外赚了两千两。’
23 “主人对他说:‘做得好,忠心的好奴仆!你在少许的事上忠心,我要委任你统管很多的事。进来分享你主人的快乐吧!’
24 “接着,那领了一千两银子的也上前来,说:‘主啊,我知道你是个严厉的人,不是你播种的地方,你收获;不是你投放的地方,你收集。 25 我惧怕,就去把你的银子藏在地里。请看,你的银子在这里。’
26 “主人回答他,说:‘你这又恶又懒的奴仆!你既然知道:不是我播种的地方,我收获;不是我投放的地方,我收集, 27 你就应该把我的银子存到钱庄里,这样我回来的时候,可以连本带利得回来。
28 “所以,你们把那一千两银子从他那里拿走,给那个有一万两的; 29 因为凡是有的,还要赐给他,使他丰足有余;那没有的,连他有的也将从他那里被拿走。 30 把这个无用的奴仆丢到外面的黑暗里去!在那里将有哀哭和切齿。’
Pastor emphasised that in all things we do, we do it unto God. God is not interested in the results, but He is interest to see our hearts, whether we are faithful, whether we are responsible. Only when we are faithful, God will entrust us with more, and His blessings will follow....
That following Friday, Joshua faced a challenge at Homes aka caregroup. Our host i.e. Joshua's sister promised to buy ice but did not, so he had to rush to nearest 7-11 to buy. There were many other small and simple things that needed his involvement because the sister is a bit "different"... so he started to ask in his heart "Why do I have to do these? Why do I have to buy ice even? Can't someone else do this?" Then Pastor Dave's message came to counter this negative voice = "忠心“. Isn't it true? It all starts small, when we are 忠心 with the little we're entrusted with, God will let us have more... and his promise is 进来分享你主人的快乐吧!:) :) I told Joshua eventhough he had a rough day, but I'm sure Devil was defeated that night. :)
Yesterday, I faced 2 trials. First one at lunch, I went lunch with 2 colleagues. They were hungry and we ordered dishes at a chinese restaurant. The bill came up to RM55.50 for 3 of us. I felt bad I had to spend so much for just a meal... plus I'm quite tight this month, I have to pay for my CPA yearly renewal fees which came up to RM2200..... My colleague Richard paid first. And he did some mental calculation and said RM16 per person. We each paid him RM16 and while doing so, I calculated, RM16 x 3 = RM48. He counted wrongly? Man.. this is awesome.. even RM16 is really pricy!! But... is this what God will do? :( No... so in the car, I used my phone calculator to count, I said "Richard, the bill divided equally should be RM18.50 per person.. you counted wrongly" He laughed and said "oh!! I didn't know!!" So we topped up another RM2.50 to him. I'm RM2.50 poorer but I know that I should be 忠心 at living out the right values, to be the salt & light for Jesus. :) No matter how small the issue is..... 在每件事要忠心.....
Second trial was at dinner with Joshua. We both ordered tom yam fussili chicken at Black Canyon, and Joshua ordered an Ice Lemon Tea to share. When we paid, the bill came up to RM24. I didn't suspect anything until I read the bill line by line (I usually don't do that) and realised they missed out the Ice Lemon Tea. A normal person would've just walked away... and a normal me will think "I've just spent RM18.50 on lunch, and now RM12 for dinner, I think this is enough..... lets just forget about the Ice Lemon Tea..." but I was again assured that I must go back to tell the cashier... so we did. We topped up RM6.40 for the Ice Lemon Tea. I definitely feel stupid... but the world will say we're stupid, God won't!! I told God, I want to be 忠心..... and I pray that the same values will be embedded in my fetus, my child, my 小黄。 :)
It's quite a fun night, having a long and exxagerated 忠心 talk in the car with Joshua... so much laughter... and joy. :)
Joshua is 忠心 at packing breakfast for me every morning even when he's fasting breakfast for 21 days!! He always made sure there's bread & butter supply in the house so that I can have proper breakfast.... Although is just simple bread with butter & peanut butter, I know my man is 忠心 and am so proud of him. Won't God entrust him with more and more? :) We're thankful for all that we've been blessed with, our house, our job, our investment property, our talents, our child that's coming in October... God, you're so good... thank you... :) Because you were first 忠心, now we want to duplicate that more and more. :) All glory to You!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment