Last year, in the midst of 71's renovation, my hands got itchy and I cut up a blouse :P
I can't remember how many years ago, I must still be in secondary school, my aunty from San Francisco who is famous of getting us great gifts, bought me this turtle neck long sleeve see-through glittery top!
This is almost the first time she bought something I don't know how to use. She bought us Coach pouch, Anne Klein watches, genuine leather sling bags, pearl & silver necklace.... but this glittery top (shake head..), I know it's not cheap (she never buy something cheap for us), I kept it for years hoping one day I can use it, even just for costume party may be worthwhile... haha...
In September last year, one of our church friend's wedding's theme was Vintage. I wanted to dress according to the theme just for fun! So I bought Joshua suspenders from Ebay for below RM15. As for me, I have a black high waist skirt that I wanted to wear, but I have to look for a formal top. I've been wearing with t-shirt blouses but I don't want to wear those to a wedding dinner at a western restaurant... and I can't find anything suitable on Ebay! I searched through my clothes and saw this glittery top.... and had an idea.... hehe..
First, I made sure I really can't wear it as a long sleeve turtle neck top. Parden my bra and my round belly, I told you it's see-through. :P
I really think I look retarded in it... so I was ready to change it!
Secondly, I ensured that all the joints are strongly machine stitched and the fabric won't start having frails if I cut it. It's elastic and great material.
Thirdly, CUT! I chopped off the turtle neck and the sleeves! :D
And I have a new top in just 5 minutes! Wooo hooo!
I had to wear a black spagetti underneath to cover up personal parts :P
I got a vintage glittery outfit for the wedding at no cost at all! Yeay yeay!
The background was our very messy master bedroom in USJ12, didn't bother to tidy up because we were going to MOVE hehehe... I don't know why... I don't miss living there.... at all :P
Then... come September, we were already living in 71! My first time getting ready for a wedding dinner here... it's lovely feeling... :) :)
I miss my smaller waist and flatter tummy.. keke...
Then... come September, we were already living in 71! My first time getting ready for a wedding dinner here... it's lovely feeling... :) :)
I miss my smaller waist and flatter tummy.. keke...






No comments:
Post a Comment