Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mini Milestones : Jasmine's 9th month

This month Jasmine finally is starting to show some signs that she's slowly getting the hang of crawling. We saw her do a few times of pumping, but she has not mastered the skill of stepping forward.


I started to train her to sit, knowing that many babies have started sitting on their own at her age or earlier. I thought maybe we should show her how to sit. At first she will cry if we leave her sitting for too long. But after that she got use to it, whenever she fall forward or backward or sideways, we're always there to hold her, so no major falls.

In this picture below, I was actually hiding behind her under the table. My hands just behind her ready to catch her if she fall backwards.



Labour day weekend, we took leave and went back to Muar. So it was a long awesome weekend. Again, my mum prepared so much just to host little Jasmine! Here are the many things she ordered online for Jasmine. Car seat padding, stroller padding, bottle warmer, bottle drying rack, car rear baby mirror, thermos, pacifier, pacifier container, wet wipes and many many many blankets or quilts in all sizes. You can imagine the crazy version of me screening through almost everything and said "we don't need this, how much was this!" 
My mum also bought us a new diaper bag from Skip Hop. I told her I was very happy using the backpack that I used to carry up the plane when Shin Wee Shin Yee and I flew to Queensland for studies. She pretended she didn't hear anything. -_-

Not to forget this carrier. It's a useful tool but Jasmine was already learning to sit and crawl so she sort of "outgrew" it after a while.

Grandma prepared 4 places for Jasmine. One here in living room for her quiet naps. 
I got to say, she is so innovative and I'm greatly impressed!






Another spot here in living room for play time or rolling time.
Sometimes nap time here too. 

3rd place in kitchen, where she can roll and play while we have meals or drinks.


Last but not least, her bedroom!


In Muar means lots of meaningful time spent with Jiu Jiu too. :)
She is very loved by everyone here.... very.

Most time she fell asleep on Jiu Jiu, her mouth would be open. Haha.
I pray that my brother & sister in law will be blessed by their own kid soon. :) God, you are good and there's no doubt about that.

We bought these colourful toys (we call donuts) at a warehouse sales together with other stack up rubber toys. She loves the bright colours and of course won't hesitate to chew on them.

We had an adult game, spot the angel. Hehehehe.

Grandma loves to enjoy the garden view with little Jasmine in her arms, sitting on the rocking chair. :) We think it's so meaningful that we decided to take some photos from afar.
One day, maybe we can make a painting out of this. :)

Everytime my mum is in a car with Jasmine, she will be reluctant to put her on the car seat. She wants to carry her all the time. :) Even after Jasmine has fallen asleep. 
Because Jasmine is such a VVVIP, we call her big boss. And she knows this very well too. She is more impatient in Muar than anywhere else! 

I made various potato purree with avocado in Muar, she rejected it almost everytime, totally didn't want to eat it. I think... this baby doesn't like avocado... so have decided not to buy avocado for her anymore, because most of the expensive fruit went to waste. -_-lo

That weekend we took the Ikea highchair back to Muar with the pillow that serves as the back support. When we return to Subang Jaya, I put her into the chair without remembering the pillow, and to our surpise, she could sit on it properly without the pillow support! Achievement!
And almost everytime she lodge any complaints while sitting on this high chair, she gets her teether.
But once she's bored with it, she will play the throwing game.
And this is how Joshua babysit in the mornings after I've gone to work. If the toys doesn't work, then is baby videos.

On 8th May, she had her 3rd pneumococcal jab at the new clinic we try out. It's called Pixie Clinic, in Taipan. Much better, much more professional, but same price. -_- RM300 per jab. Other clinics can get at RM240 onwards.. sigh.. In terms of price comparison, I'm always not sensitive enough, always realise too late.. so I fail at this. :( Don't say accountants sure can count... I'm shameful.

On 10th May, Ah Ma came to visit! :D And this is the last time Jasmine could fit into this white sweet dress. It was so tight that we found it so hard to put it on her and remove. She didn't like being trapped in white fabric as well.
My brother loves Jasmine so much he doesn't mind feeding her, rocking her or play with her. In fact he looks forward to it! So thankful for such a loving brother. :) Gave me a break! :P 

The mother of the chindian babies at my babysitter gave me a bag of clothes her kids have outgrown. Those are some really good quality baby clothes! This pink pyjamas set is my favourite of all! :D Don't Jasmine look sweet like a marshmallow in it? Haha.

This month, she started to pull up her own clothes to chew. Her gums must've been very itchy. She had 2 teeth at the bottom gum grown last month and this month she had a new teeth on the upper gum.
Lets see what she has chewed on so far.
Chewing on teether almost every morning. 
Chewing on her toys.
In her cot, she chews on the pram book too.
And the baby kangaroo in her lamaze book.
The toothbrush in another book.
Her rubber changing mat...

The Ikea high chair she's very familiar with, just recently she discovered something new about the chair i.e. the seat belt.. she picks up the buckle to chew on it too. -_-
These are all on top of chewing on our t-shirt when we were carrying her, our hand or finger when she's sitting on our lap, and my nipple when em.. breastfeeding. Thankfully she doesn't bite all the way, just lightly to let me know "mummy don't force me to drink, I'm not thirsty now".

I celebrated my first mothers' day as a mother this year. :) 
This is her at mothers' day lunch with my brother's in laws. We met Lian here too! She was dressed in sari and Jasmine couldn't recognise her. :P

The day after mothers day, 12th May, at night... Jasmine finally showed us she could sit on her own!
It was very close to her bed time so she only did it for a while but I was very sure she has mastered the skill!

The next day, she sat much longer.
I believe she was enjoying this new skill or new freedom.






Ironically, my period came on 13th May. Have not had period for about 1.5 years, got to get use to wearing sanitary pads again. Milk didn't reduce instantly but gradually from an average of 8 ounces a day dropped to 6 or 7 ounces. Good news is Jasmine is drinking lesser so I managed to save the frozen milk for "rainy days" and prolong my 100% breastfeeding journey. :)

Few times in office, I get demotivated when my output was a sad 2 ounces or less! Yeap, here's where I pump milk. In the storeroom sitting on the floor.
This room will be locked if I want to pump after 5.30pm, so I will be using Procurement's meeting room that has a glass door partly frosted. For more privacy, I sit at a corner covered by some chairs. :) How I wish my company has better benefits for nusing mum!

Anyyway, 13th May night, Joshua's parents were in town. We thought of taking this opportunity to let them babysit Jasmine while we go to the cinema to watch Spirderman 2, the 9pm show. After dinner, we said goodbye and left USJ12. Just as we were reaching SS15, Joshua's mum called and said Jasmine has been crying non stop eversince we left. We turned back to pick her up. We already decided to take her with us to the cinema, if she is not comfortable, I was ready to forgo the movie and bring her out of the theatre. She surprised us..... she watched Spiderman2 with us in the MBO cinema!! Serious! We bundled her up with long sleeves and long pants, she lied down on Joshua's chest throughout, in between she will check out Wee Liem who is sitting beside Joshua. After half the movie, she fell asleep... and about 20 minutes to finishing the movie she made a sound in her sleep. I knew she needed milk so I fed her in the dark.. she continued to sleep... movie finish, she continued to sleep. I carried her out of the cinema, said goodbye to Sharon and Wee Liem, she continued to sleep.
Put her into the car seat, closed the door, reach home, took her out, up to her room, she continued to sleep.

Took out her cardigan and socks, put her into the baby cot, she continued to sleep, until 4am. @.@ This is the best baby in the world!

She's now an expert in rolling or flipping over.
It's bad when she insist on rolling over during diaper changes. -_- 
I tried to reason it with her that I am not done with her diaper change so no rolling over... but doesn't seem to be effective all the time.

Now that she can sit, we've been changing her like this.

We borrowed a walker from my church friend Ling Ling. She told me walker is suitable for babies of 8 to 9 months old. So we tried to put Jasmine in. We didn't want the wheels because we don't want her to be rolling everywhere, we prefer the walker to be stagnant.
She instantly went crazy over the spread of toys in front of her. But she has difficulty standing, and the seat seemed to be too big for her, therefore the pillow behind her. Even so, she would slowly sink lower and lower as her feet lose strength....
We only let her sit in this walker for few times, until once I put her in while I prepare food. Next thing I saw was, her on the floor. The seat has fallen off the walker!! The hook was not secured enough. That's the last time I've put her in it... thank God it's a borrowed item!

We know Jasmine loves to play in water, and I have been thinking of buying her a swimming suit and bringing her to the swimming pool. But we always worry of the chlorine in the pool water.. I hope to bring her to a swimming pool when she's much older.... but really want to see her start splashing water at a young age. Discussed this with my mummy few times and finally, one Sunday when my mum and kor  kor was around, we did a home made baby pool with the biggest toyogo box we have!

It's a box purchased in 2007 to keep bed clothes for my grandma when she was bedridden in 73. After she moved to San Francisco, we moved the box to 71 in Anne's room for storage. Now it has a new purpose.

Now back to the baby swim suit topic. We didn't buy any, we couldn't find any swimsuit for babies below 1 year old. And since this is a homemade pool, I decided to DIY. Just find a onesie that doesn't have buttons around her neck and body except for the bottom. And diaper issue? I have cloth diaper! Yes, my mum bought it even before Jasmine was born. This is first time using it! I've washed and dried it earlier. Oh you can actually see the teal Skip Hop diaper bag in this photo. 
Look at the layers on Jasmine's tummy, it's schooo cutee...

She's all dressed for her water party! The blouse was to keep her body warm when she plays outdoor, the diaper had some water proof effect, we're not afraid of urine but the bom.
The white headband? To keep her head warm and more importantly, to look in style! :D :D
I shampooed her and soaped her arms and legs first.
Then come soaking time! She was stoned! :D
Outdoor means at our back porch. Near the washing machine and clothes drying rack. With adults sitting on plastic stools surrounding her. :P Oh and a camera pointing at her.
She just learnt how to sit so was not very stable yet.... she fell backward and forward quite often here.
When she finally got into the water splashing game, she couldn't care about any other thing.
I spiced it up further by putting on all her colourful plastic toys!
I called her name so many times but she never responded except for this time, and I'm glad I managed to get a good shot, although is taken with my iphone. :)
Jasmine was really enjoying herself. We too enjoyed watching her play and was completely lost in her own world.
We will sure do this many more times until she's ready for a real baby pool!

Now her sleeping pattern has changed. We used to rock her to sleep by 8.45pm onwards and the latest she will zzz off by 10.30pm. Now? She will not settle to sleep until 11pm to 12am. Joshua tried to play lullaby on youtube to calm her down, it worked only a few times... say goodbye to quiet nights where we could catch up with our own stuff in front of computer... :(

It happened few times where she cried in her sleep but was not hungry. I offered milk but she didn't want it. I am guessing she had nightmare or just felt insecure.

She has been locked in the on-tummy sleep position for many months now, and this month she has started to have many more new sleep positions. I love the variety! :D Sometimes on her side, sometimes on her back with both legs open wide... not very lady like but she's still a baby, we will teach her to be feminine next time.














She will take small naps in between 8pm to 10pm. Once she fell asleep at 9pm, I thought she was going to sleep through the night so I put her in the cot. After 45 minutes I found her wide awake in the cot, but quiet...
with this we know, she takes short nap at night before her real bed time which sometimes could stretch till after 12am! This doesn't mean she will sleep all the way till 4am! She would wake up at 1.30am, 3am, 5am... sometimes there's a fourth time. -_- God help me...

Jasmine is extremely fond of shiny things, that's my diamond necklace, my silver anklet, shiny metal like watches, brooch etc. She will eat all of them... which is why I stopped wearing my necklace. Some nights being too focused on eating my necklace, she couldn't calm down to sleep. It's an issue that needs to be addressed.

She has started to do baby crawls. The price paid was fall on her face flat on the floor about 3 times. Each time she will cry. When she crawls, her tummy is on the floor and she manuever around with both her hands and legs, like a soldier.
She still moves about at very slow speed. On mornings where I've gone to work, Joshua will find her at different spots when he's out from his shower.
Notice the bed cover and quilt cover are of different colours? That's because when my period first came, it was so heavy that I stained the bed cover. -_- It's the most annoying thing to discover in middle of the night. 
Anyway Jasmine has discovered more corner in the room, touching more things..
Once she even reached and touched the trash bin and door stopper.
We are trying to teach her "no" but it only worked a few times because she eventually came to a stage where she doesn't care anymore, she just wants to explore. We also decided not to restrict her unless it's real dangerous like staircase and power sockets.
Dirt? We think it's inevitable. ;) The only thing we could do is hire more frequent maid cleaning services. :P

This is a very special stunt she performed after watching Spiderman with us. :D

Because of her achievement in slow crawling, we've started to baby proof around the house, especially our living room that has many sharp edges. This foam edge was purchased in September and finally we could put it to use. It's not so simple.. because look at what Joshua did her. Too short? He said the small gap is fine but I cannot live with that!
So I pull the whole thing out and stretch it to touch the ends, and it worked. Phew!
I shooed Joshua away and did everything else myself. We also have some corner edges.

One rainy night, we were in SS2 where I met with a headhunter from Robert Walters. Trying to search for better job opportunities but sigh my line of specialty is not common out there. And the most common jobs i.e. reporting & budgeting are my top NO NO. Cut long story short, I'm still in F&N and none of the headhunters have recommended me any suitable jobs in the past 2 months. :( Sad I know. Anyway Joshua and Jasmine was with me in the SS2 starbucks. While I was talking to the headhunter, Joshua said Jasmine kept on looking at my direction. :) :) After the interview, we were heading home. We wrapped her up before going into the car. Don't want baby to get wet! :) We think she looks soooooo cute here... we can't stop laughing!
After putting Jasmine to sleep in her cot. We tried imitating her cuteness in the hooded towel. Yes we both failed... but we laughed so much that night!!

As our baby girl grow, the car seat in Myvi is getting smaller and narrower. She is very comfortable in this car seat but she can't stay in this forever.
Daniel and Jade's relative gave them a Sweet Cherry car seat which they didn't need so it was given to us. Thank God we don't have to spend money to buy another car seat. Since Myvi is mostly used within short distance travel, we don't mind using a local brand car seat. :)

This month we paid deposit to purchase a small condo in USJ to invest for Jasmine's education. She followed us to property viewing appointments.

The last church service in Summit, Jasmine was there with us. It was where Joshua and I met, and we're so blessed that as church is moving out to a new venue, we're already a family of 3. :)

Our friend Jessica had a birthday party for her 4 year old son in USJ and so this was Jasmine's first time attending a birthday party. Earlier before this party we spent some time at a nearby park where Joshua shot a kids football video for TricycleTV. Jasmine had a 2 seconds cameo appearance in that video too. Hehe.  
Jasmine enjoyed herself a lot playing with the toys on the floor. She has not learnt how to play with other kids but she's very well behaved around them. :)
Call me bias but I really think my baby girl is the cutest! :P

Doesn't mean a cute baby doesn't cry. Jasmine cries quite a bit too! She throws tantrums by throwing her toys away. :) 
But she's still a precious... ssshhh please dont tell my mum we let her cry and took these photos because she would scold us. :P

When I had to work late, Joshua would be picking Jasmine up from Lian's. Then he will buy his dinner at Kwai Sang where Jasmine will follow.

It's such a joy to see little Jasmine grow... this month she has shown much more interactions with us. Like touching and analysing our faces. :) :) Responding to us calling her names and gave the sweetest smiles. :)
And here's our May version of family portrait. Encouraged by american blogger katie of skunkboyblog, I'm trying to get family portrait done on a monthly basis. 

That reminds me we still haven't done any for June! :P


No comments: