Monday, June 26, 2017

Mini Milestones : Jasmine's 45th month

At this stage, to wake her up in morning is getting more and more difficult and I tried a new way which is to sing Moana song, and it worked pretty well. On 19th May, when I was to wake her up, as usual, she wanted to sleep more and refused to open her eyes. I started to tickle her and say "is spider" how many spider? How big is the spider? she was smiling but eyes still closed and then she said loudly "bigger than you!!" 

I wrote down the lyrics in my notebook and tried to memorise it. When me and Anne struggle to remember the lyrics once, she even reminded us it should be "every path I make". We are both impressed!

Once I gave Jasper some cornflakes and she would like to have some too. I asked her to ask from him and she did it very politely. 

I am very proud of this, she did this A-Z puzzle all by herself! Of course with a little bit of hints from me, while I was feeding Jasper but still, I never thought she could do it. She's not puzzle girl but she has definitely improved!
And with Ah Yi's guidance, she did the Nemo puzzles, both! 
And even helped to keep back into the plastic bag.

She has very naturally did the knee folding 翘脚 when she was trying to do drawing on a writing pad in the car. She is starting to draw, she drew a fire truck. I told her that she looks really cute when she folds her knee. :) 

We had the chance to wrap presents together for Elijah's birthday at Homes. I get her to write on the birthday card Elijah's name and her own name. I showed her how each alphabet should look like by pointing them out from her workbook. 

We went to Mr. DIY to buy presents for Elijah. It was a fun time where she will pick up stuffs and asked whether it's suitable for Elijah. We finally landed on a small pineapple coin pouch and a set of toys that can be played with the whole family. 




We also bought the toy cars for Jasper, but Jasmine kept thinking it's supposed to be for Elijah. We said it's for Jasper, she would never fail to ask "How about Elijah?" 

Elijah's birthday at Homes was Jasmine's first movie night with friends! They (Kara, Isabel, Elijah & Jasmine) shared blanket, pop corns & marshmallows while watching Moana
She sang Moana song alone during the movie night, its her favourite!


She also like the PJ mask cartoons on Astro and could sing the song and its theme, very clearly she exclaims "Into the night we save the day!" 

At home, when I tie her hair, she asked for a hair tied into a bun like Moana

Here she is singing while standing on the stool

Once in the car, Joshua and I were debating over something as usual... and much to our surprise, she told us "No fighting!". @.@

This month, she frequently wet her pants in LL, teacher Mickee told us its because she tried to hold longer & longer.. for example during toilet breaks she skip sitting in toilet bowl & just wash hands. So when she eventually had to go, she can't hold it in long, usually she pee before her pants were off. Teacher prohibit her from playing with toys if she wet her pants, but she still keep on doing it. At home, I told her if I know she didn't pee pee in pants. then she can eat M&Ms. She improved but.. she still come back with wet pants once in a while.. I even tried getting her to wash her own pee pee pants, she loved it and didn't see it as a punishment. @.@

8th May, I started to ask her to help us wipe table with vinegar cleaner. She didn't mind doing and actually enjoy spraying the cleaner on the table. 
Climb from chair to chair. Slowly but surely.

The red spray bottle had some japanese words on as it's from Daiso, she asked me whether those are Chinese words. :) 
That night, I also got her to help me to mix vinegar cleaner in the kitchen, I asked her to smell the vinegar and she said "yucks". She helped to pour the cleaner into the spray mop's bottle using the funnel. 

We started to do science projects on free saturday mornings. Follow the dadlab. But we were not consistent, still we try to be educative.

Play with didi, I made them motorbike helmets!
Sunday afternoon when she refuse to take naps, she made choo choo train and invited Jasper on board. 
Weekday, train with mummy on board.

Pizza for dinner! It's the only dinner we don't have to feed them.

10th May, we went to Sunway Lagoon and met with Lisa. They (Anne & the 2 girls) played at the beach pool and she told Anne she doesn't like the sand.

After they came out from the pool, she sat in the cup ride with Lisa, Yee See & Rayson, while Anne went for the pirate ride and me with Jasper sleeping on stroller waiting outside.


I almost took Jasper with me to sit on the dinosaur ride, and let Jasmine ride with Rayson but because the seat was faulty we didn't manage to go in. End up I took the ride with her and Jasper stayed out, he's too young for this ride.

11th May, she was more excited than us when heard Jasper said "car!"

She found this pair of pants herself and said want to wear, she likes the pictures and colours on it. It's from Ah Ma! It used to be too long and I didn't know it's just nice for her now.
She tells me story, "lion wants to eat dinosaur, they fight each other and they both died. Then dinosaur get up, take this and hit lion like this like this... bla bla bla with Jasper's interruptions... the end. 

14th May, Joshua cooked some vege for dinner and she was so touched to see vegetables! She said "vegetables! My favourite!" she went for more and more veges that night.

Bedtime reading and stories.
Now bedtime story she asked for story of moses, either moses the baby or the one where he parted the red sea, and Joshua added about the 10 plaques, where Jasmine called it the "pan cakes". Haha!

Before sleep, I asked her what is she thinking, she said "I want to go inside the tv." which tv? "Our TV" "Why?" "Because I want to friend Moana".

She helps Jasper with his shoes at LL, to line up nicely. Sometimes at home, she arranges our shoes outside too. When there are too many pairs of shoes, she asked "why so many shoes". 

17th May, she reported to teacher Mickee that her friend is singing her favourite song, teacher taught her that favourite song anyone can sing, it's to be shared with anyone.

I found wet pants in LL bag and asked whether she pee pee in pants again, she said "i syip! in the toilet" She meant she slipped! I asked further, she said she slipped and cried. Ohh.. poor girl!

For a long time we didn't do this, so I decided to do again. Water in tub at the back. She loves it. The last we did this, Jasper was still tied to the rocker.

Sunday night, sat on swing at the back, when I took photo she immediately wants to see it


Expert in posing for camera now. 

We were at Subang Parade, she knows that place has a playground at McD and asked Joshua whether we can go. "It's not too late right?" 

Patiently and happily waiting for daddy to finish his hair cut.

I've been buying fries from McD drive through for 2 days in a row, and when I said no more fries tomorrow, she asked why? I said because after you eat so much fries, you eat your real dinner too slow. She immediately accepted it and said "ok". 
Didn't like sharing with Jasper, but will still share.



Jediah's birthday party, caught fishes! About 7 fishes we took back and over the weekend, one by one died. Joshua eventually flushed them all down the toilet. 

Happily eating roti canai at mamak village after service.
Request for double stroller quite often now because it's fun. We often put her at the back seat because she's a girl and we avoid having her open her legs wide in front. :)

Quick Sunway Lagoon stop. 
We went for Wagon Wheel and she loves it. We went few rounds. She saw the bridge and said those stops are castles. 
Lions.
Feed tortoises again.
We saw flamingoes and she pretended to stand like flamingo.

Wanted to bring butterfly wings to LL and was sad when I said cannot. Supposed to be proudly wearing Dora badge (from Janet) but crying in the picture below.
Finally got the wings to take photo with but left in car, didn't bring to LL. So happy again but my plan on taking a good picture of her, failed. -_-

Growing long hair for her. "Like Odelia". I love her curls. Everyone love her curls.
Play doh with didi. She's very sweet to share.

Jasper joins Acts Kids. Jasper used toy to hit her head when they are all eating snacks. Sigh.... of course she cried.
She was not responsive at Acts Kids. I wish she can be more jovial, maybe because I was in there?
After acts kids if daddy's on that sunday, they get to roam around the stage looking at the musical instruments. 

18th May, I took MC and went with Joshua to pick them up. In the car Jasmine said "today is special, because daddy and mummy come to Little Legend to pick me up" she said them in like broken up sentences but that's what she meant. I'm so impressed that she can express herself so well. :) I promised her we will come together as much as we can. :) :)

Played guitar together with Ah Yi and started singing loudly. She has very good performing spirit.
Definitely going to send her for singing classes. Start with piano first... maybe 2018..

Took out new toothpaste for each of them, and they started to inspire each other to pose funny in front of camera.
I love my funny kids. :)

This one trying to be princess (during Monday maid day), sadly Jasper pulled the pearl necklace and broke it.

This was in Empire when I met with Hua Choon, I was seated on her right. She complained hungry and Joshua bought pretzels for them.
Random saturday morning at home...
This must be a Sunday, she just lined up all her books and play. 

Playground on a rainy day. Joshua took a towel with him to wipe dry before putting them on. 


Officially playing at playground with didi. We really love this stage where they can play together.

Bath time is usually my favourite time, but often Joshua does it while I clean up downstairs and pack their LL bag.

Party at the Kongs house warming. She sat with her friends but we notice she doesn't speak with them. Maybe at her age, they don't communicate so much yet?
Is like she sits among them but she's still quite lonely.
At later part of the party, she came out hand in hand with Lisa and both of them screaming. It's very cute but I kinda don't want her to only hang out from Lisa. Haha.

Water girl, she can down 3/4 bottle at one go. 

A&W, ate the fries and float.

Weekend nap time when Jasper is up or when Jasper already slept enough before this.. we always put her in the playpen. :)
I think her feet putting up against the playpen is really cute. :)
She has grown so tall...

Always come over to our bed to sleep if she wakes up in midnight...
If she wakes up and see didi nearby, she will go nearer to sleep next to him, hold his little hand and continue sleeping. Didi also, will open eyes and call "jeje" and go back to sleep again. 

24th May, she refused to sit down to do workbook. I asked whether she wants me to bring rotan, she said yes. Challenging me! So I did, and she willingly let me rotan her palm. 
I believe I wanted it landed softer on her palm but it sort of slipped and landed harder than I wanted. This is first time I rotan her. :( I feel really sad about it myself. 
Especially when she cried and said it's painful. 
After I sayang sayang, she continue to finish writing and continue to do stickering and more. 
This part of parenting is making me really confused... I want her to learn happily but when she challenged us, we ought to show them who is boss... but another part of me want her to develop more of her own thinking & decision making... oh dear God help me. 

Another frustration I faced when doing workbook with her, is that she doesn't focus much. We were doing counting to 20 together, she kept on missing out pointing to the right object, she cried while counting after I scolded & asked her to keep on repeating. Argh!

When she's doing stickering, she said she wants to see butterfly (put butterfly stickers) because they are so very cute. 

She climbed up the station table in front of the stairs and took out the peppa pig workbook from the pink tray. And told me that she wants to do that instead of that normal workbook, she did the counting activity and all the stickering happily. 

We went to Rayson Yee See house for our first Amway home meeting, she went upstairs to play. Came down and asked me to follow her upstairs to show the boys how to do picnic. 
That night she saw Lisa drank milk a cup, she asked for the same so she drank half cup there (also the chewable vitamin C) before we go home. Next day she asked for milk in a cup like Lisa. After that she's happily back to bottle. 

I dressed her in the mothercare pink pyjamas and called her marshmallows for 2 nights until she said she wants to eat marshmallows. 
The next morning, she took off the pink blouse and I jokingly said "oh no more marshmallows" then she asked how about her uniform, I said blue blouse is like the sky's colour. She said then I am sky girl! Then I told her her skort is beige in colour. 
She went on to say she is water girl (because she likes to drink water) etc etc. 
Her morning UHT milk I gave her Magnolia's with smurf cartoon on, she didn't want it and only wanted Dutch Lady "because it's so nice".

25th May, she woke up in morning and cried when I was bathing. When I came out to check on her I realised her eyes were swollen and needed aerius. Took her downstairs to eat 5ml. She checked herself out in the mirror. I taught her that she was having an allergic reaction. 
Then her swelling started to reduce sliwly and in the car to LL, she asked me whether we were going to the hospital. I said no we don't have to, she asked why not. This girl, is so used to being sent to hospital. :) 

In and out of car to & fro LL, when I have the Forte key in my hands she will feel pain in her armpit, so few times she saw me put keys on the car. And then she learnt how to remind me to put keys on the car before carrying her out because of the pain under her armpit. 

Groceries shopping, she never fail to sit still in the stroller until we check out. Jasper is the other way round. 

26th May, baby Jolene her cousin was born. I told her about it and showed her pictures. So everyday she asked to see Jolene's pictures and videos. 

30th May, reads mini book to Jasper. I asked her to. She showed him which one is fish, the biggest fish. And which one is smallest, she said "this one" I corrected her that it is called shell. 

This month, she has stopped scolding me for calling her bum bum tau fu. In fact, she called my stomach tau fu too. :) 

Milk time downstairs before going upstairs to get ready to go to bed. 
Almost every night she asked for extra nen nen before bed, until Joshua decided to be stern and said no. She kept on repeating that she wants nen nen. Joshua had to threaten with rotan. I asked her why she wants it she say because it's yummy. I suspect maybe cos upstairs when we make the milk it's using Jasper's milk powder..?

That's it. 45 months and she's turning 4 very soon. She's been asking when is her birthday... so I told her we are in June, then will be july, august and September will be your birthday.
I can't believe she will be 4 so soon!!! I am a mother of a 4 year old? So hard to believe but thank you Jasmine, for being my daughter and I am always always so proud of. I tell you this everyday right? :) 
She's a overall very funny and happy girl. I pray that the joy will continue to grow in her and never leave her. :) 



No comments: