Thursday, November 9, 2017

Jasmine's Asthma Story 2

Still on Omega 3 fish oil, Ceeling Zinc, daily Nasospray and daily Flixotide.
Survived a series of Influeza outbreak in school but just 2 days fever and running nose. Thank God for the vaccinations done in August 2016.

6 Oct, went back for 2nd follow up. Joshua took.
Nutrilite Multivits turns out does not have enough Vitamin C content so it is not enough to replace Ceelin Zinc.
Still not recommended to go back to the swimming pool.
Doctor encouraged us to send her for Influenza jab immediately, as it lasts only 1 year.
Paid around RM140 for consultation (RM95) and a Flixotide (RM45).

9 Nov, my turn to take her back for 3rd follow up.
Doctor didn't do much other than trying to give her the Influenza jab! I said no, I am going to send together with Jasper to our own paed.
She recommended one more jab - meningococus. RM150 to last about half year.
She said Flixotide must continue until Jan 2018, the end of monsoon.
Jasmine's flu symptoms must give Oxynase which only can last 4 weeks.
We told her of Jasmine's green panty discharge, she said next time it happen again, send to ER for a swab. There may be infections. Recommended us to take prebiotics.
She said we can send her to swim at the indoor heated pool anytime now!
Mentioned to go back again in 2 months' time, no I won't go back, thank you. I think it's enough.

Supplements to continue
(1) Ceelin Zinc 5ml twice daily
Only available in hospital. I asked Evelyn to help check whether her hospital has.
I asked Boon Wei, she said Nutrilite chewable C should be sufficient as it has high content of C.
After we finish all the Ceelin Zinc, we may try to get Jasmine to agree eating the chewable C, then only entitled to eating the fish oil that she loves.

(2) Fish oil one capsule daily

Doctor asked us to confirm the DHA content is enough because we didn't buy the one she recommended. Compared and asked Evelyn's opinion, should be ok.
Both kids love it so we don't think we will change if there's a valid reason to.

(3) Prebiotics one sachet daily
Doctor recommended a brand but I can't read her handwriting. Boon Wei say is all the same so Biolife Pre & Probiotics should be good enough. So that we must go to AA Pharmacy to buy....

(4) Vaccinations to catch up with 
Influeza, meningococcus (new) and Jasper's December 2017 jab.... this easily will cost us RM600.
I asked Klinik Keluarga Lee, medical card cannot cover these. :(

That's all!
Hopefully there wont be any recurring episode of asthma attack.
In 2018, we definitely want to start Jasmine on swim classes!
For the rest of 2017, we will focus on the balance bike!

No comments: