Friday, September 20, 2019

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 45th month (Jasmine 72nd)

Aug 2019

Homes at the Chan's house. I think it was Kayleb's birthday.


The next day was Saturday and it was our turn to help at the community tuition centre.

This was at Pheonix, our recent favourite dinner place.
Reading her VA book of the day.

This month, a very dramatic scene happened at our back bathroom.
Jasper went in to poo poo, he took off his pants and sit on the toilet bowl. Then he screamed for me to go in. I went in to see him screaming next to toilet bowl, because there was a cockroach inside the toilet bowl. I quickly hit flush hoping it will be flushed down but no! It crawled out of the toilet bowl !!!! Jasper was screaming at the corner so I quickly made him leave the bathroom.
Without his pants, he stood there watching the cockroach slowly crawled on the bathroom floor, thank God it was a slow one.
I gave instructions to Jasmine, to go upstairs to our wooden shelf by the window, top shelf, bring down the black colour cockroach spray. She went up but couldn't find it. All these while Jasper and I kept our eyes on the cockroach so that we make sure we kill it for sure.
So I went to drum room and saw the spray right there, I took it, sprayed it, and we watched it die.

And that month's groceries, I made sure I buy another can of cockroach spray. One for upstairs, one for downstairs!
Ever since this episode, Jasper requested for either one of us (including Jasmine) to be with him when he's in the toilet. Wait outside also can. Poor boy.

At Home Pro, while I was busy surveying on the doors. I wanted to replace our old storeroom door.
That sunday we went back to DVCC because Joshua has to attend mission trip debrief. And we could watch the Acts Orchestra Worship team's performances. The both of them stood there to wach for very long!
Kara broke her right arm, falling off monkey car at KK Park. Poor girl. She's becoming quite a nice friend to Jasmine. 

This is Jasmine's VA essay.

We paid Adeline a visit after her surgery, at her house, before we leave Jasper spotted a Gardenia waffle and said he wants it. Natalie happily let him have it.


VA parents teacher meeting, and before that it was their classwork display! :) :) She had such a sweet smile on her face when she sees us.


Showing us what she did.
This is her drawing of herself.
Very nicely done.


Jasper planted the green peas one day at home and he was very proud to see the green peas start to sprout!! He was very excited to check it everyday.
Look at the proud face. :)

LL Sports Carnival!
It's LL first ever sports carnival.


I am wearing my yoga pants and shoes from Decathlon, very affordable and comfortable!


When Jasper play and fell down or miss, he laughs at himself which is really nice to watch. :)


Ah Ma came to watch too!
Hello Ah Ma. :) :)
Parents and teacher also got competition, I won the second place, can't believe it.
Jasper won a medal! :D They have champions for different categories. 



His pants is S size, which I feel is too tight. Allison Seow offered to exchange with me Jediah's size M. yeay!






We went to Decathlon together with Ah Ma. They were showing off their basketball throwing skills again.








Ah Ma bought for Jasmine a new bicycle!!



We sold the red strider for RM180 within the weekend.


10th August, went swimming at the Majestic Hotel Evelyn staying at. The pool was freezing cold. 
Anne said that Jasper lost grip of the edge of the pool and fell into the water. He was scolding about the slippery tiles. 
So cold Jasper also hardly swim, came up to bath in the hotel bathtub. 

Zephan and Kayleb's birthday party.

They cycled round the lake. Both Jasmine and Jasper has great stamina. They almost finished one round, only to realised the road was sealed so they had to turn back. So that's around 1.5 circles!

The door gift was this tamagochi! Jasmine loves to click through to see different animals. 


We went for lunch bakuteh and after that, they both were knocked out.


Cycling at our backyard with Ah Yi.

Both learning how to paddle.
Jasper's green strider needed to increase height again. He is growing so fast.


Ready for LL Marketing shoot. With gel hair and tuck in shirt, my Jasper cannot be more handsome!

From the backyard, he pulls out some mint leave and brought into the house. Told me that he wants to wash it and play it. But the house was still messy so I didn't let him do it, only can do it at the back outside.


One day I picked him up late, almost 7pm sharp. He was so glad to see me, said he heard me run up the escalator and when I arrived, he saw the light and then me. Hahaha.


So I took out a camera key chain and have some flash light when you press the button. It sounds like a real camera really taking snapshots. Jasper loves it so much he even held it to sleep that day during nap. He "snap pictures" of just about everything including when Jasmine was cycling at the backyard. Then he asked me why the camera screen is just black colour. Asked me to switch it on I had to explain to him that it was not a real camera, which is why he can't see anything.
He held it to sleep at night too and will wake up to look for it, making sure it doesn't go missing.
Joshua asked Jasmine if genie gives them 3 wishes, what would be her wishes.
(1) Be a better princess
(2) that all food prepared for her will be what she wants to eat
(3) whatever she touch will become alive!!

Then Jasper's turn :
(1) Wisdom????? or whistle? Jasper didn't clarify
(2) Bird
(3) Clown fish
We guess the first one is whistle, because we were shocked when h said wisdom... so smart one???
Teaching her how to read and write chinese words.
She also could eat the spicy rendang flavour pringles chips.
I also realised she likes to eat meat, like siu mai together with tao sa pao at Yaw Fatt on Sunday morning seems to be her favourite.

Jasper's signature dance moves. :)


Homes at our place. It was close to merdeka and someone said wear traditional clothes, end up Jasmine was the only one wearing her new Kebaya.





One day, we said to the kids we will go and buy bubble milk tea the next day.
Jasper remembers it the moment he wake up from his sleep!

Didn't want to sleep in his own bed.
Tried to sleep like this on the chair.
And then here. -_-


I did the floor grouts for upper landing.

Me doing more floor grouts. Alone when everyone gone upstairs.

Another cycling time with Ah Yi.
Jasmine getting much better at pedalling.

One day before bed, Jasper kept asking for my hand to sleep. I got mad and lightly bite his fingers. Because I had to do some work on my laptop. He cried and asked me why did I eat his fingers..

Wearing her new Kebaya for VA's Bahasa week!

I think this is one of the last days of VA Term 3. Julia has meeting so I helped to fetch both Zach and Zephan to send to their grandfather house in ss17. It was a Wednesday that we had to rush for swim class too. 




VA term break, spent the week with Joshua's parents. We invited them to come with us to the KK park where Jasmine feeds the tortoises.

A pretend cry. 

Getting ready for the mini renovation!








Jasmine took this photo.
And this.


Probably the last time sleeping on this sofa... we moved it to 73 and decided not to bring it back in anymore. Just waiting for someone to buy it.


Also one last time setting up and playing with the drum set. Jasper played longer on it, and also much louder. 
We moved it upstairs and decided not to move it back into the drum room too.
We listed it for RM900 and it was sold quite quickly to a malay guy who plans to ship it to Sabah or Sarawak.


So Joshua said this drum set is too big and bulky for them, where their technics in hitting the cymbals etc would be wrong. So if we are serious about learning, we could either book studio to learn or we buy a mini drum set in future. 


Jasper pretended to be my baby. This month I woke up to him screaming in his dream next to me "I don't get to eat the chicken!!" 


Started. What we hired them to do were :
(1) Paint 3 sets of door frames, filling up the key holes in each of them
(2) Paint the drum room door
(3) Replace the store room door - another contractor handles this
(4) Paint the open shelf cabinet into navy blue
(5) Paint the back iron grill into black
(6) Paint the swing
(7) Painting drum room floor skirting
(8) Add a piece of wood to the bottom of our sofa, it had a hole from kids playing underneath
All for RM2350 (RM650 for the door only), not inclusive of paint.
I also created a work corner for Joshua in this room. For him to start working from home i.e. free lancing / doing his own business.

Followed daddy to one utama to meet Alvin Khoo, to discuss about joining BNI.


Jasmine learnt how to take photos with my phone!!
Both photos and videos. 
That afternoon she took photos of her toys and then photos of us clearing the drum room and even took slowmo videos. 

Paying at Sri Melur.

Not happy with the painting outcome. complained.
The old paint was not scraped out.


Swing paint also not properly covered.

More than 10 holes like this on the floor around drum room skirting, that he just blinded painted over. After that they filled with white cement. 




Getting Jasmine ready to attend the Multi Sports Holiday Program at 3K complex.


I did the floor with the Grout Renew while the workers are painting the cabinet at the back.
Newly painted cabinet! And my newly sealed grout floor!
All the way till here. I remember that day was 28th of August. I took leave. Morning rushing to manage painters, buy paint that are not enough while I clean this floor and apply Grout Renew.
Then lunch time 12pm rush out to Aeon Big to have a quick breakfast coffee & nasi lemak, buy groceries for the month. Came back with 3 heavy bags and left at the staircase while I continue doing the floor. Around 4pm send the workers off, I continue while cleaning up the dust a bit.. until 5pm. Rush to pick the kids, and send them to swim class. @.@ I am just contented I managed to tackle this part of the floor!

Jasmine took more photos that night, I was just reallly exhausted....
And Joshua was in an uncertainty period, not sure whether Hargapedia will continue him. We were not in very happy mood that day.

That night, I continued to cover this part of the floor too! I did until I felt so so hungry and tired...

Quick celebration of Jasmine's early birthday with Joshua's parents. 
I helped to buy this digital drawing board from NinjaZ for them to give to Jasmine as present. 
Back at home. The painters have completed the painting and Anne has helped to mop the floor twice!!!! Hallelujah!!!
Started to put things back to order, but not quite fast yet because we still needs to cover the other parts of the floor grouts. Anne is helping me yeayyy!! We targeted to complete it over the weekend which is 1st September!!

31st August, went for a pot luck lunch with the BNI group.

That night we attended Joshua Chu's daughter Sharon's 100 days old celebration, Jasper and Jasmine each did 2 sand arts.



One of the scariest message Jasmine has ever written. We talked to her after this. This was after Homes I believe... she's actually fine. Just her way of expressing in words was really shocking to us.

Another stressful thing we went through this month, other than the mini house renovation and uncertainty over Joshua's job.... was the LICK HUNG consideration!!!!
I must write down our process because I dont want to forget why we do certain decision and I also certainly don't want my kids to think that we are bias with our decisions. 

It started with us receiving Lick Hung's acceptance letter. We couldn't believe that our application to study in Lick Hung had been accepted. At first I didn't bother much. Then come VA parent teacher update meeting. There we were informed that MOE changed the universities admission rules, requiring VA to offer Year 11 equivalent in order for them to be accepted into colleges for A-Levels or equivalent. So VA is going to adopt the IGCSE syllabus starting next year, which will increase the yearly levy material fees. And... when the kid reaches Year 11, they will be required to take exams and the cost goes by exam paper. It can cost from RM700 to RM1500 per paper!! Price increases approx 10% every year!!! That's like equivalent to one full year's school fees. 
Joshua started to panick and said probably we should send Jasmine to Lick Hung next year for standard 1. It caused me to start thinking.. and I really believe Jasmine can adapt, because she has matured a lot this year. And it wouldn't be so bad for her to attend chinese school for 6 years before coming back to VA. That's what I thought. 
Now that things start to make sense, I started to do my ground works. 
13 August, I went to confirm the accepted at Lick Hung. I took down all the dates eg. trial date, orientation date, when the book shop opens to buy stationeries & books, where to send after school finishes? I contacted Jessie (Orion's mum), she gave me A LOT more information. Even show me Jasmine is in class 1F , different class than Orion. Orion is going to the after school daycare called Literasi. I said to her ok I will enroll Jasmine into the same centre. I went to the school, put through the papers, bought our lanyards to use on orientation etc. All done. Except.... VA termination. 
I sent email to Julia right after the parent teacher meeting, she forgot to reply me!
When I reminded her, she replied and that CHANGED everything................. one of my questions was, if Jasmine comes back to VA in the future, will she still enjoy the pioneer discount? Answer is no. :( 
I quickly did some simulations, some comparisons.... doesn't make sense anymore. Means whatever monies we saved from sending to chinese school, we would spend again and maybe more by the time she's back for secondary school ! -_- 
Our conclusion, we might have made a mistake by sending her to VA this year, we probably should've considered another kindy and play by ear..... but we really didn't know things can become such it is today. And... Jasmine is just simply highly favoured, given that she has the pioneer discount and can't terminate the school unless we don't want that discount. So she needs to be in the school, and also because she's in the school, one day when Jasper joins, he will get the sibling discount which is the same % too. Ok ok... so our conclusion is now, she will attend Lick Hung trial week class but she will return to VA. Jasper will be my chinese school boy. We are now trying to raise hybrid kids - one in private school, one in public school. And our hope is they will be close to each other, sharing experiences and have the best of both worlds. 
God, this is where you have led us, please enable us to be able to take this road together as a family and grow closer & stronger & much more united than we ever will be, Amen. 


No comments: