Saturday, April 18, 2020

Mini Milestones : Jasper's 51st month (Jasmine 78th)

Feb 2020

Back in Muar Feb 1st to 2nd.
We took Jasmine to learn bicycle again and also flying kite.

Jasper also tried to ride and he is doing very well.

Though he still most comfortable on the balance bike.




Jolene and koko also came but Jolene did not understand how a kite works so she was not happy the whole time and koko didn't know what to do with her. The rainbow kite was held by Jolene, we bought at Ninso at Kluang.
Then koko decided to walk home with Jolene first.

Joshua put some obstacle for Jasmine to avoid because so many times she blamed Jasper for blocking. This is inevitable.






We went to dinner at Pokemist and I really enjoyed the meal. After that I walked to more than 5 pharmacy to look for face mask and hand sanitisers, but all were sold out. 

At night after dinner, we played fireworks in back garden. Evelyn has bought many, and I heard quite expensive. One box RM70? Anyway the kids love it so much. 
Jasper went hopping with joy. We took some videos but didn't capture the most epic reaction he had when we light up the spinning fireworks. Hahaha.

At first Jasmine refuse to play with this but she finally overcame her fear and manage to hold it and enjoy it. 



In the morning they found many snails in the back garden.
Before we left for Subang Jaya, Joshua read some stories to the kids. Jolene joined in too.

Jasmine made an ang pow herself, haha.

Joshua was working in the small room and suddenly our water tank leak into the room! It was like a heavy downpour. After calling for help, realised that the water pump was the culprit.

So the plumber took him to buy a new water pump, cost us RM1000 !!

Thankful that when it happened Joshua was in, otherwise our laminated flooring would've been damaged. Pray that this kind of thing won't happen again.

Jasper likes to wear shoes like Joshua, using the shoehorn.

We finally bought the pop up Star Wars book. It is super cool ! It was from a guy I found over Carousell he's selling these 2 pop up books and another 2 huge Star Wars encyclopedia for RM80 ! I think it is quite interesting, so glad I found these pop ups.

Jasmine likes to press the door bell when pick up Jasper from Summer Academy.

Jasper trying to disturb when Joshua doing workouts.

Their daily routine, more or less. So we are not pressured to take them to playground on weekends anymore.


Jasmine still has a bandaged finger but it didn't stop her from having fun.
She has also started wearing mask to sch almost everyday and also having a handkerchief in her pocket. She loves her handkerchiefs.


Chinese 春联 from Lick Hung. I only hang up after we come back from Muar. Our neighbour thought we are so chinese. -_-



Status of the finger. :) 

After matter of days, the black and dried piece finally came off Jasmine's finger, surfacing the new nail! I had always thought that her nail has not grown yet, but I was wrong. And there is one string left only. We thought there's going to be a lot according to Dr's description. It looks really good.



So before we saw the nail I bought a special organic supplement for her, as the pharmacist said will help with nail growth. She only ate once and then we saw the nail and stopped giving. She didn't like the taste anyway. I am keeping it to give to mummy!


We discovered Jasper has his back shoulder bone jotting out like this and was worried it may be a problem. Evelyn said this is called winged scapula. We have to take him to see Dr Koe....

After homes on 7th Feb, Jasper started to develop fever and it worries me. I was afraid it's influenza or worse still, the coronavirus. So when Julia invites us to Zach's birthday party at the pool, we only let Jasmine join the lunch. We were worried that entering the pool exposes her to the virus. Not sure if we were over-paranoid.
Joshua said Jasmine was very shy the whole time. Looks like she's the only girl !

Saw doctor at Segara Klinik on 9th Feb and so on 10th Feb Jasper didn't go to school.
12th Feb, Jasmine has blocked nose and refuse to go to school. I tried to ask if I can send to Lian's house but she said she has a newborn baby, is not so convenient. Ok.... see I've gone to such extent, you know I have tried all I can..... So I have to stay home.... I kept Jasper home as well. It is a influenza season and coronavirus in the talks so I thought not a bad idea to keep them home anyway la. Then Summer Academy declared close from 13th to 17th Feb !! Because of influenza spread. -_-
So he followed Joshua everyday, like to eat chap fan for lunch.

And follow Joshua to rhema media shoot.


I decided that since Jasmine's finger is already quite well recovered, it is time to start bathing at Brainchild. So on 13th Feb, I let her try the bathing from pail kind of arrangement at home, mimick the way it will be done at Brainchild, including using the basket to keep her clothes and locking the door.

We went to see Aunty Lynna with a birthday cake on her birthday that falls on 17th Feb 2020.
It was belated birthday but better than none.


Photo taken by Jasper.





Photos taken from Summer Academy Facebook page.
Why when people are hard at work, Jasper seems to be day dreaming? :(


We thought that maybe early in the year Uniqlo would have major sales for autumn/winter wear so we came to check it out, hope to buy for our Fukuoka trip in December. But but... most colours were sold out... and it still cost RM79 per piece. We didn't buy but we did realise they both wear the same size! @.@
I believe Jasmine is the small size one. Hehe.
He can't stand still for picture. -_-
Too big?

both wearing same size here.

Ok we made it to Dr Koe, she checked and said Jasper's back bones etc looks normal, nothing to worry. Thank God !
Jasper = 15kg 101.5cm
Jasmine = 16.5kg 108cm

Jasper has asked to go back to this bicycle park for some time. We finally came. :) Jasmine also tried to practice cycling here but too crowded.

This is how he used my leg as bolster. :)
He also start to touch my finger knuckles to sleep, calling it spiky.


My drawing girl.


Look at that beautiful tail. :)
He looks great in beanie. :)

Name tag finally came and I sewed it up under neath the school logo.
She likes Mondays because there is Art & Music class. She also likes Tuesdays because of PE class. She said her friends get to play piano during music class, so she asked if she can learn how to play piano too. She said she miss swimming and asked if we can go back to swim class. We plan to send in March.... but later on felt not a good idea with coronavirus in the spread??
We also told her we can stop the canteen catering and she can start buying food with her own money. She is very excited about it.

Acts anniversary Sunday.


They serve food to everyone, it's really delicious especially Joshijosh's noodles.
For the kids there is a bounce house with slides. They went crazy.

Eating snacks Alfresco. :)


Finger status update. The string came off by itself without me doing anything at all.



Another picture from Summer Academy facebook page. Sigh... Jasper what are you doing...
Seriously, what are you doing?



Chinese New Year celebration day.

That's Principal Ameetha.




Everyday when I pick Jasmine at Brainchild I caught her day dreaming, she has many free time and i felt she's not doing anything substantial. So I encouraged her to write story or draw pictures, and if she show them to be I will reward her with RM1. After she get all the money, I realised she did not spend in school. I dont know why. And her pocket money pouch is getting heavy, so I stopped after a while. She doesn't need the reward, she will do the drawing and story stuffs, just need reminders.

Jasmine made her bed and didn't like it when we sit on it as we messed it up.
Jasper likes to arrange like this and said he is building a house.

The first day Jasmine joins after school class. The drum class. They couldn't find her at 3pm when it was supposed to have ended. I sent Joshua over to check only to find that she just came down, her class ended later, haha.
She is wearing an over-sized t-shirt here. It is her first class to learn the 24 chinese cultural drums. I initially plan for her to wear the formal uniform for the class but it was too hot so the teacher got another older girl to help her change into the t-shirt and wearing the small black pants under her skirt as the shorts. Next round I plan to let her wear a thin t-shirt under her formal uniform.

Hair band is essential when they sweat too much.


We bought kokokrunch cereals during Aeon Big member day and there is a free gift, which is the star wars troop. Didn't know what it's to be used for, but it is actually a cereals bowl! With compartment to keep milk and cereals and a spoon even.

Burger King.




Again kokokrunch. This is new to them so every weekend they requests for it.

We took them to cycle at USJ 1 the place where Multi Sports had the saturday evening tournament. Surprise to find many people are there. And the space is just nice for Jasmine to practice her bicycle skills.
Jasper was just going everywhere picking up sticks.

We promised them milo drink and they have to share.


I finally get to tackle the kitchen wall grouts! With Anne's major help, we did it in one day. :) The wall looks so much cleaner and newer now, now just hope the white stays white!

Jasmine's class, parents were asked to pick up their kids if they had travelled overseas in past 2 weeks. One parent snapped a photo. :) I can see Jasmine's table is very neat.



At Summer Academy.

A classmate's birthday party with Elsa theme. The party packs are full of things! We were joking that Summer Academy is a rich bunch compared to Little Legends.

Jasper was shocked when he was finally able to unlock the red car seat on his own. After that he likes to do it himself and will remind me not to do it for him. 

Now they start to help fold clothes. :)



No comments: