Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just whack it !

My Grandma accepted Christ !! Hallelujah !! Praise God !!!

:D

I shared this testimony during prayer service on Tuesday..

I am born in a strong Buddhist family, only my dad calls himself a Catholic, but in my memory, I’ve not seen him attend church. He passed away in year 2000, in 1999, he got to know a friend who’s a Christian. This friend bought him an NIV version bible and has invited him for bible study group every Thursday. However, he did not mention anything about the bible to us. He passed away due to a sudden heart attack (went straight into comma) and the complications that followed. He was in comma for a month in the ICU before he breathed his last. In that one month, when doctors have given up hope, we pray to all Gods we know, but none of those work. We were all disappointed and believed in nothing when he finally left us.

In year 2005, I accepted Christ in Australia. In year 2006, I came back to Malaysia, I found Acts Church, brought my sister Anne, who then also accepted Christ. We prayed for the salvation of our mum and brother together. We invited them and even our grandmother to church events i.e. the Roadworks Village, TTMM and WCA. We encouraged them with bible verses and prayed for and with them when they’re facing problems. Somewhere beginning of this year, there was a courtcase where our mum & brother’s law firm in Muar were sued for negligence, we prayed with them, for them and trusting that God will definitely blow them off their feet this time, but the result was not what we expected, they lost the case. Not just them, Anne and I was very disappointed with God too. We questioned…. But we know that God’s ways are higher, the beautiful things will fall into place in His timing, not ours.

Few months passed by and we do not dare to mention about church and prayers to our mum, until Wesak day (28 May 2010). I had to drive back to Muar and drive her up to Subang again on the same day for a medical appointment. So Friday morning 7am, I took a lonely drive from Subang Jaya to Muar. I listened to an MTG in the car and I prayed to God to use me, in whatever way He can, even through the busy schedules.  And by 4pm, I was again in the car, driving back to Subang Jaya, my mum and I chatted for about an hour, then she got tired, she said she was going to close her eyes and rest. It then popped into my head “to play that MTG again !” So I told her, I play a CD ok.. she say ok.. then covered her face with a small towel (to avoid direct contact with the hot sun)..” As the CD plays… , I prayed in my heart “please don’t let her fall asleep….there were total silence between us.. I was very tempted to ask “Are you listening?” as I couldn’t see her face, but I did not, I decided to leave it to the Holy Spirit. Just as the MTG was almost half way through, the CD suddenly got stuck.. before I could say a thing, my mum pulled down her towel, pointed at the CD player and jokingly say “Eh! Your CD not good la!” I was very happy, because I knew she was listening to every word played. That itself is a breakthrough because I know that her heart is still open to the gospel.

On that Sunday (30 May 2010), when I was taking a nap after church service, I had a dream, there was a guy preaching on stage. As I woke up, I realized, that guy in my dream, was my brother. I’ve been praying for his salvation too but never pictured him preaching. I know that this dream is from the Lord and I must keep praying until it comes true.

My grandma, also a pre-believer, now staying in San Francisco. In fact she came for our Roadworks Village Christmas show in 2006 before the the migration. I’ve been calling her at midnights over the past 2 weeks, which is her morning in US. I tried to share the gospel to her. She’s 86 this year and has very weak memory, she can ask the same question 20 times throughout our half an hour conversation if I don’t divert her to other topics. I’ve been telling her about Jesus, and that the road she will walk on in heaven is made of GOLD, she’s was like “Wah gold ah, then I very rich loh.” She’s very happy about that. I am actually quite worried that she will forget about the gospel each time after I share. But Joshua encouraged me to “just whack it”, lead her into sinners’ prayer. So I’ve gotten the Mandarin starter pack from Elder Shirley and am going to call her later tonight to go through the sinners’ prayer with her.


Called my grandma on that night itself, 11.30pm, with much courage, JUST WHACK IT LAHHH... I was amazed that Ah Ma was extra alert that night, she remembers my name, Anne's name by recognising our voice, she even could remember, we sound very simliar over the phone !! She could say out my daddy's chinese name too ! I am sure God has prepared her heart.. :) She didn't use to remember the Subang Jaya house, the one she stayed for so long... but when I mention Subang Jaya house to her, she said "Oh, opposite got Carefour right?" :D :D :D I knew I cannot delay further... so I start to tell her about heaven again... no worries, only joy.. and that there will be eternal life.. and the things will be made of Gold.. Ah Ma is funny, each time i mention this to her, she would never fail to say "这样不是天堂,是金堂". She is so cute.. this conversation is like new to her everytime she hears it and she will give the exact same response. :) I asked her, to get there, must follow Jesus woh, do u want to? She say 好ah.. So... i read John 3:16... and then the sinners' prayer in Mandarin.. she followed word by word sharply, when I say 阿门, she said 阿门, then i "YEAY !", she also "YEAY!"

Angels are rejoicing in heaven... :)

May Holy Spirit lives in her, be so real to her, that even my uncle and his family would see the difference !

God, I trust that my household will be saved !!!

3 comments:

Affiliate Marketer said...

YEAY!!

Jyan said...

wonderful testimony jojo

Joan said...

Thank you sharp sharp ;D All glory to God !