Wednesday, June 23, 2010

With tears, I am inspired.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/6/23/nation/6528490&sec=nation

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/6/23/nation/6528493&sec=nation

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/6/23/courts/6528492&sec=courts

When I understand from Facebook that the Wee Family's funeral was reported in today's papers, I immediately ran down to the reception area to reach today's papers.

I read The Star. Saw Joy's face. :)

Then I read Sin Chew. Chinese papers always comes with much more details and photos. It's almost 2 pages long. And the size of 1 page is actually longer than The Star papers. I thank God for media, that I can know about Joy's status through the details that were reported. As I read.. I got emotional again.. tears forming.. and my nose started to get watery too. The receptionist Lindy asked me "Joan you flu ah?" I was like.. no.. I am just a bit emotional now, then I pointed on the paper, this is my friend. I am so proud. :) Then another colleague came by as well and started chatting loudly regarding the news. I needed my space, so I got the permission to keep the chinese papers, I brought it back to my workstation and finish reading it.

Wow.

Joy's family... are world changers. They are... revolutionist of LOVE. :)

Grandmother (79)'s parents passed away when she was young. Her husband also passed away early. She brought up her kids, 2 boys + 1 girl (Joy's mum) all by herself and of course with good teachings. :) She doesn't fight back when she was mocked. She's a strong lady, strong faith, strong values. Now I see why Joy can be so strong. Her grandmother has definitely inspired her. I am inspired too, I always pity myself, that my dad left me when I was 16, but hey.. I need to be strong too ! I need to live a great life, to show to my dad, who's looking down from heaven, sitting just next to Jesus, I want to make both of them proud!

Father (56), a great man. He teaches the next generation with love. He is very kind and soft spoken. I experienced it myself, when attending his Chemistry tuition classes, although just a short while.. I knew Joy's loving gentleness came from her father. I am inspired, to lead with love too. If I want someone to learn something, I need to show and teach with love. Because the greatest is Love. Who can deny love? Who can reject love?

Brother (23), loves music. Of course, from his friends' sharing, he smiles a lot. Genuine smile, sincere smile, Jesus kind of smile? And he is never stingy in expressing love to his family members. A week before the accident, he was in touch with Joy, and he actually said "I love you" to her. A friend of Joash also mentioned, over the phone with his dad, before he put down the phone, he also said "I love you Pa." I've never said "I love you" to my brother, my mum and Anne. I am inspired to put it into practice. Why not say it now? Say it more, say it loud. Don't be shy Joan ! I want to practice the hugs too. :)

Jacinth (18), is the most hardworking girl among all. She scored very well in her studies and before the accident, she actually was notified that she was awarded a full scholarship to pursue degree as a pharmacist. :) She's also never stingy in spending her pocket money to buy presents for her family whenever she's out on a trip. :) I am inspired to buy Converse shoes and Contton On shirts for my kor kor now. Never too stingy to show him sisterly love.

Jelyn (15), she's probably the closest to Joy. Joy shared that she still remember.. the moment when Jelyn was born, her big eyes.. staring at Joy. This really makes me cry. How old was Joy when Jelyn was born? 11 years old, Standard 5, how then would she know that this sister is going to be with her only for 15 years? I am inspired, to cherish every moment I share with my loved ones. Sometimes we quarrel, sometimes we disagree.. but I want to do that less. I want to cherish what I am blessed with. :)

God has His reasons in allowing this to happen. When they leave, their lives became an inspiration to MANY.

Job 42:12 "So the Lord blessed Job in the second half of his life even more than in the beginning."