
In year 2002, I met a friend Shin Mei who introduced me to Levi's jeans. Super low cut boot cut jeans was in trend that year, 2002. :) She bought a blue one and everyone in class said it was nice! I started looking at Levi's jeans, 501 is straight cut, 577 is low waist, 593 is super super low cut with only 2 bottons in front. I asked her, how can you pay RM193 for just a pair of jeans? She explained that Levi's jeans are of top quality and the older it gets, the nicer the jeans look like. o.O My first time hearing this kind of theory.
Of course I thought of owning a pair of those babies. But the tag behind the jeans shows your waist size >.< I was really afraid that I would end up wearing a size 30!! Well, the year passed me by.. and I still don't dare to buy one.
In 2003, one day while shopping with friends, I saw a 593 of size 29, tried on for fun. I fell instantly in love with myself in the mirror. It was still marked as RM193. I bought it! I remember I sms Shin Mei about it. She was so happy for me.
I never machine wash it, I hand wash it. That's how much I love it. However, one thing bad about levi's jeans, after wearing it, it expands. :( That pair became too loose for me after few months.
My next visit to the Levi's store was with Pei Yin and Shin Wee if I did not remember wrongly? They had special edition that time, marked at RM213 ! Man so expensive, but I love it! I managed to fit into the size 27 this time. Woo !!! I bet I lost some weight that year. I bought it. 2nd pair. Few weeks later, I bumped into another attractive special edition.... I bought another pair !!! >.< 3rd pair.
In year 2004, I lost a lot of weight. Those 2 pairs became too loose for me. I...bought another special edition of 593, size 26...
Altogether 4 pairs. Total RM832 spent. I was a spendthrift I know. :(
The first one has gone missing, I had a feeling I gave it away. Another 3 pairs, I kept them until now. Only this year, I started washing them with washing machine.
These days, people are crazy over skinnies. My attitude has changed.. I thought.. why spend so much again. I opted for a budget spending. So.. after about 1 year searching, I now own 2 pairs of skinnies (1st one for RM80, 2nd one for RM30) Yeay!
Now, what do I do with my 593s?? I tried to wear them once in a while but boot cut is really old fashion now.... One night, I stumbled upon this !
On Thursday night, I picked out one of the 593s and sewed it ! ;)
I don't have sewing machine so I just hand sewed it. Couldn't find ruler at home so I used Anne's file and a red pen from the telephone table to draw a line to sew. :D Of course I fit into the jeans a few times before I pull the threads through.
These are a few shots of me wearing the 593 back in 2004/2005. :) Hehe featuring Shin Yee & Shin Wee too in the last photo. ;)
Now it looks like this ! The white file next to it was my ruler. :D
I tried it on without cutting out the extras, it was fine. :) Decided not to cut it la. Who knows, boot cut wave may come back in few years' time?
And here's me wearing it for the first time. Total satisfaction. :D
2 comments:
wow.. :D amazing.. i still wish i can sew like Joan :) i am still with bootcut, i hate skinnies..it makes me look...fat? hahah!!!!>< and someitmes so low cut i felt when i sit, ..my butt is ..just flashing out @_@ HELP!
Hey Shin Yee I had the fear about skinnies too, but after trying, it's not so bad, don't go for the super tight skinnies, go for the loser type. It actually gives the illusion that you're taller and slimmer. ;) When you come back we go window shopping together. Hehe.
Post a Comment