Saturday, October 23, 2010

My G2000 work suit !

Yesterday, my boss, myself and 2 other colleagues attended a seminar in KL. :) It was very last minute notice, but hey, I don't even need to put in too much thoughts on the attire, because, I just know that there's no other time more suitable than this to wear out my G2000 full work suit !! :D :D :D



It's been (let me count...) at least 1.5 years I left this suit idle in my wardrobe. After leaving the audit line, my new office is no longer so called "professional", everyone is more dressed down. When I first started work, I admired people who wears full suit. I don't earn that much to allow me to invest in one, so I just make do with what I have in my wardrobe, for 2 years. Until my final year, during the time where we're based in Times Square, the G2000 branch there had a closing down sales! That's where myself and my colleagues went there almost everyday to check on the discounted items! I bought quite some shirts for Joshua. I bought this suit ! :) :) And 2 white shirt blouse.. and a work skirt. It's not really really really cheap, but I'm glad the price was more reasonable than the normal price. :D



I miss wearing this suit so much.. haha.. so yeay to the seminar! :P Many people were dressed professionally, but my own boss and colleagues were their normal self, i.e. dressed down. :) I looked odd among them but I always remember what my mummy told me when I just joined this company, "even if your new colleagues may dress down (sometimes they wear t-shirts!), you still must maintain a standard, cannot be too sloppy." :D I think it makes sense. ;) But of course, there were days where I just let myself go....

Anyway, the seminar was very informative and interesting. I didn't doze off at all, surprisingly. :P It's my first time attending such seminar, and I am looking forward to more. I met a lady in the ladies, she's a CFO in an elevators manufacturing company, very humble and friendly. When I told her about my company, she said she never heard of, so I asked "Do you know Silky Girl?" she said "Oh ya ya, no wonder you look so silky." I was thinking, "silky??" I replied "oh no no, this is frizzy and messy wire-ry hair, not silky.. hahaha" Now, I think my reply was quite random, and lame? but I had no idea how to respond to that comment? :P

Well well well.... now this suit is back in my wardrobe again, thinking of dry cleaning it one of these days. :) I hope I get to wear it again, before it goes out of style.... send me to more seminars ! ;P

No comments: