Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bedtime stories



This is the long neglected story book, our story book. When we started courtship in 2008, our 1st project was to pen down our stories (from the time we met until we started courtship etc). But we stopped writing after a year, lack of discipline. :P Anyway, it's so much fun to revisit what we've written!

This is the map of how we each came to Acts Church.


We met at a 2015 Life Party in June 2007, introduced by Agnel.


Joshua had good feelings instantly but Joan clearly wasn't impressed. :P She thought Joshua was a playboy who hits on every girl he meets!

Joshua : Asked Wee Liem about her on the way home. Asked Daisy who she is. Daisy asked me back why? and raised her eye brows. Asked Rose about her. Rose said she's a very good girl. I prayed that if she's the one for me then God will make this work. :)

===Arranged Lunch===

Joshua : Asked Daisy to arrange lunch together, was nervous! Dragged Enoch along. Minimum conversation. She didn't finish her fried bee hoon, left early for a meeting. Disappointed. :(

Joan : Why is he here? Weird. Daisy asked me after lunch "what do you think of Joshua?" I told Daisy firmly that "I don't have good feelings." :P

===Breaking the ice===

Joshua : Saw her at one of the church events, during makan time, I forced myself to thick face a bit, bring water for her and her sister.

Joan : He took water for us. I think he's not bad la... :) He overheard me talking to Anne in Mandarin, and he started talking to us in Mandarin too! I was surprise that he's actually chinese educated. :D



Joshua : Noticed her name in the list, I also signed up! First day supper time I made my way to talk to her. We couldn't decide which language - English or Mandarin? I initiated Mandarin. And I got her phone number!

Joan : He waved at me at the door when everyone was making their way to leave the hall. Asked me for supper, I said I need to think about it. He asked "how can I contact you later then?" I said.... "you can send me an email." :P He was stunned and went speechless. Anyway I gave him my number. :)

Joshua : On the last day, I still haven't got chance to have a nice conversation to get to know her more. Lunch time was my final chance. I saw her put her bag before taking food. I gathered my courage and put my food next to her seat. "Is anyone sitting here?" Lunch was awkward. :S Nervous inside, trying to look cool outside. I know Peng Hoe in charge of transport, I "conveniently" suggested that she sit in my car. It worked! The trip back was good. She didn't fall asleep, we talked the whole journey!

Joan : I didn't know what to do when he sat next to me during lunch! He said "Do you know that you're in my car later?" I was shocked! Jecy and Joshua (another Joshua) was in the car as well. We had really good chats on and off. :)



Joshua : Invited her to watch Ratatouile with a group of church friends. Disappointed that I wasn't sitting next to her though.

Joan : He laughed very loud in the cinema. I guessed he must be quite fun to hang out with. :)



Joshua : After Sunday evening service, I returned her jacket to her (she left it in my car after the movie). I noticed my tie's sew line got loose, I was looking at it when she and her sister was nearby, so I just mentioned it to them. To my surprise, she volunteered to fix it for me! Can sew, extra points!!

It's merdeka day, I fetched her and other friends to watch fireworks at Putrajaya. I feel like holding her hand during the fireworks! :P

Joan : He kept my jacket neatly in a cute Disney paper bag. :) I like it.

He said his tie's sew line was loose, -_- it's so easy to fix so I agreed to help, he was very happy.

In the car to Putrajaya, I was sitting at the back and found myself looking at him through the rear view mirror very frequently... oh no, don't tell me I like him?? so fast??



Got home at about 1am, I can't believe I still fix his tie. I couldn't sleep, I kept asking myself, I like him?? Are you sure?? I repeatedly prayed as I went to bed, "God, if this feeling is not from you, let it go away please." At 5.30am I finally gave up, I didn't sleep at all. I saw a book on the table, so I read. It was "Kiss Dating Goodbye". After reading 1 chapter, I wonder who the author is.... JOSHUA Harris. o.O I then read my bible. The 1st book I saw was book of JOSHUA. I have not read book of Joshua and had no idea how my bookmark ended up there. After reading bible, it's still early, to kill time, I took out my calendar to do some updates, I noticed... there was an almost unnoticeable bible verse on it JOSHUA 24:15.
God you telling me something? The whole day at work, I kept thinking.. "Is it Joshua?"




Joshua : We went water rafting and caving together. I didn't know she would enjoy this kind of activities! We were in the same raft, I flew off the raft one part, a bit pai seh trying to climb back up, so no style. Uncle helped pull me up like a fat pig. :( Anyway, on the way back, in the car we talked about more serious matters. I prayed hard for God's direction!

Joan : He looked clumsy during rafting! :P When we were hiking up to the caves, Anne wore the wrong shoes and was slipping down, he offered to help Anne, he climbed like a monkey. Quite cool, but he wore a blue crocs.. not nice. I'm still observing him, I realised we're different in many ways and I'm still asking myself, whether my feelings for him was real.........

===Pre-Courtship===

Joshua : For almost 3 months, we went out with friends and talked on the phone so often that it was understood that the good feelings were mutual! :D We told church leaders and was advised to go through 3 months of pre-courtship. No phone calls & one-on-one dates. I started to pray for her more often, whether she was the one, evaluated her strengths and weaknesses and asked myself whether I could accept her weaknesses. Towards the end of the 3 months, I realised that I still miss her. ;)

Joan : Even my colleague could tell the difference, all of a sudden, no more calls and sms-es from him during work hours. :) I'm glad I could observe him from a distance, seeing all the things that I like and dislike. We're really very different, and I think, only God can make this work. :)

In the 3rd month, he was invited to an outing with my colleagues, was looking forward to see him but as he walks nearer, I noticed a hair sticking out of his nostril..... eeeeeeewwwwww...... I told him. He went to the washroom, and when he came out, his eyes were watery and red, he said he pulled out the hair, and it was really painful! So funny!!





Joshua : Our first date as an official couple! I finally hold her hand! Yeay!


Joan : I took leave for our first date! We went to Aquarius !

And we asked someone to help us take picture!! :D



God is indeed the most creative author, we thank Him and give Him all the glory for the art of bringing us, two very different individuals together. And now for an even greater challenge - marriage. :)

Only God can make it work ! All glory to Him! :D


Please note that we're not imposing any ideas here, but just sharing what we went through and how it benefited us. :) We hope you like it ! :D *Cheers*

No comments: