Old blue flowery scarf.. my mum's idea. Bought it in Brisbane in year 2005, and I took really good care of it. It now look very much used after me constantly stepping on it during the shoot. :P I initially wanted to buy lace material and sew it on this dress just to make it more interesting, but mum suggested I use a scarf.. it worked ! Only thing is that it's a little too transparent to be obvious in our photos. Haha.. but we definitely had fun trying out the ways of including the scarf as part of my gown! :D Mum instructed me to pose for this particular photo, isn't she the cutest and most supportive mum? I'm so blessed!
Blanket sewn by my late grandmother 刘叶. I use these blankets since young. My late grandmother used to sell this (and also floor mats, chair covers and table top covers) for a living. :) She's really good at it. I remember growing up seeing lots of triangle sized cloth at the sewing corner of her house. Before she passed away, in year 2000, she gave us some of the new blankets she made, she wanted us to keep it as a memory of her. Thanks Ah Ma.. :) for the colours you've brought into my life, even until now.
Pink polka dotted umbrella (courtesy of Sharon) All the way from China! :D More than one. Haha. Really so nice of Sharon. :)
Artificial flowers borrowed from Shin Wee. Spotted this when I was helping out at Shin Wee's wedding in Dec 2010, so I thought I just borrow it for photos.. it was one of the main props.. looks real if you don't focus your lense on it. Hehe.
Luggage bag and art paper hand made flower. We took the luggage bag along to use it as our props bag.. to help ease the pain of carrying the stuffs around.. but the colour blended in well with the background so we definitely included it in many of our photos! :D
Anne and I had an idea to make cartoon-like paper flower for the photoshoot instead of fresh flowers because fresh flowers are very expensive here, but after I borrowed the pink flowers from Shin Wee I thought we don't have to go through the hassle of making the paper flower. However this girl went ahead to buy the art paper, so I did it anyway. We didn't take many photos with it though because photographer doesn't favour the colour. :)
Various toy guns and related fighting toys. All belong to Joshua and Wee Liem. They bought it because they wanted to take video of themselves playing war..-__- and the bag was sitting in Joshua's car all the time.. I can't remember whose idea it was to use them as props though..

Multi coloured toe-socks! One of them is mine, I bought it for fun when I was studying in Brisbane. The other pair was borrowed from Shin Wee, she got it from China. If you see properly.. one of Shin Wee's sock (the one Joshua was wearing) had a big hole.. hahaha... :P
Our photographer's hat and watch! It was quite a random move to put on that hat and play with the watch but we did have some favourite shots from this series. :D
Drum stool. Joshua plays the drum so he has his own drum stool. Why did he need a drum stool? Because of the following item !!
The drums! Borrowed from Ryan and Vijay. The polka dot drum (bass drum) was purely a coincidence! We didn't know it was polka dotted until we went to collect from Ryan's parents. His mum told us he did the polka dot lining himself! Joshua said God has imparted to him many month or even years ago to use polka dot because He knows we're going to use it for wedding photos, amazing!

I think that's all.. how many did I list down? At least 10! Not bad.. :P
We already selected and printed our favourite pre-wedding photos in a book. Can't wait to share it with our friends and family on our wedding day. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment