Last week was plain crazy.
23 May 2011 (Monday) - we sat down and write more cards and plan how to distribute them. We figured we need to send out by post, so we asked via Facebook and sms our friends' addresses.
24 May 2011 (Tuesday) - prayer service in church. Distribute cards to more people in church.
25 May 2011 (Wednesday) - We cleaned Joshua's house! We aimed to clean the whole house but we could only clean upstairs... We were delayed because Joshua had to go to Taipan to collect music instruments on behalf of our church, and I couldn't start cleaning because I bumped into the contractor (the neighbour) and we had a discussion about getting new curtains and blinds (the current house has no curtains at all). In short, we clean until 10.30pm, Joshua had to rush to church for worship practice. And I went to meet a friend Eunice to help pass our wedding invites to my ex-colleagues.
26 May 2011 (Thursday) - We cleaned Joshua's house again, this time downstairs. It's so dirty.. we had to wipe the sofa, scrub the living room floor, clean the storeroom, arrange the stuffs. We only stop at 1am. By the time I go to bed, it's almost 2am. @.@
27 May 2011 (Friday) - We had another mission i.e. to paint the living room of the house I'm currently staying in. I will be getting ready for the wedding in the house. There were a pipe leaking incident months ago and our cousin came to fix it, but it left a wall full of glue, and a part of the wall covered with a piece of wood of a totally different colour and full of gaps. We told our cousin about painting and he said he will bring the necessary tools to come on Saturday and we can do it together. :) So we shifted all the furnitures from the wall and remove the pictures from the walls. There're all together 4 pictures screwed to the wall.
We received news in the afternoon that our grandma is getting weak, and we felt guilty for not calling her often enough (always procrastinating) and that we just needed to make sure again that she belongs to Christ. So Anne and I called her up and we spoke to her for almost 1 hour.. answering her repeated questions, singing "Jesus very good" in hokkien to her, praying with her, telling her over and over again who Jesus is and how heaven was like. :) It was tiring because that caused us to start shifting furnitures at only 10.30pm but thank God we called. :) Ah ma still remember Jesus will bring her to heaven. :) She said "Amen" when Anne prayed with her. She laughed when I sang "Yah So jin jia hoh" to her. Grandma.. Jesus really loves you!
28 May 2011 (Saturday) - 10am Joshua and I went to a warehouse sales, hoping to find cheap fridge but there were nothing nice and cheap to buy. We went to another shop nearby to search for other fridge options but also couldn't get anything within the given budget. We started painting at 11am.... straight to 9pm!!!!!! I thought we could finish by noon so I could go for gown fitting in the evening but I had to cancel that appointment. -_- Anne came back to help us at 5pm.. and our cousin sister brought her cute daughters over when we were finishing the job. We screwed back the pictures, put the furnitures back to their positions, did very basic cleaning and went for chicken rice. 7 adults and 2 girls.. they're sooo cuteeee... Kathy and Janice. I wanted them to be my flower girls but my cousin didn't reply my email or message early enough for me to make the arrangment... :( We didn't take any breaks from 11am to 9pm except for a quick lunch break... so we didn't take many photos which I always wished we did!!!
This was taken when I got paint on my face and hair.. and Joshua said that I should wear a cap. Free cap from Toyota, thank God I haven't throw it away.
That's Joshua scrapping of paints on the floor, we were getting ready to shift the table back so we can paint another wall opposite.
That's my cousin. He was tieing the paint brush to the stick so we can reach the area near the ceiling without climbing the ladder. He's really helpful!! And not to forget his mum, my aunty, she's a real super woman. She cleaned our garage and helped us paint the whole day!!
The living room is looking great with the new walls. :D I like the cream colour water based paint that my cousin picked. Totally worth the effort. I painted until I almost couldn't lift the spoon when having dinner.. ok I exagerated, but it was really tiring! We painted 2 layers and almost could cover the old faded bluish grey walls. It looks so clean and fresh now. We're waiting for lorry arrangement to shift our new old sofa set from Muar, then we can get rid of the old black sofa.. and the new beige sofa is definitely going to fit in so well! Woo hoo! Can't wait!
29 May 2011 (Sunday) - Dragged myself up at 10am, while getting ready for church, last minute I was informed I could go for gown fitting at 12pm but turns out designer wasn't available. I was too exhausted from painting so I went back to rest until 1pm. I thought I could attend 4pm church service, but our marriage counselling session from postponed from 3pm tp 4pm, and it only ended at 6pm. Then an extended discussion between me and Elder Shirley until 7pm. We rushed to meet my friend Shwu Chyi at IOI mall for dinner and to pass her the wedding invites. After dinner, we went to my friend May Yee's house at Damansara to drop off few wedding invites into her mail box, to help me pass it to other friends who's also working in Singapore. Then we head home. I did more arrangement of the cards, write addresses and put into bigger envelopes after Joshua also went home. That night in IOI Mall's Ace Hardware Joshua purchase some repair tools for the washing machine and a wire to hang clothes to dry. He fixed it until 1.30am.
30 May 2011 (Monday) - I was not feeling well, but we still have to do what we need to do! After dinner, we went to drop off 8 wedding invites to a friend (Michelle Ding) in Damansara. Then we went to Puchong to meet my friend (Kendrick) at his apartment to pass him the wedding invites for my ex- EY colleagues. At 9.45pm Joshua went for worship practice again(for our church's Reunion conference this Thursday to Saturday). I picked some photos for the hotel banquet use, started packing my stuffs for the wedding, read the "Marriage as God intended" and dozed off at 11.30pm....
31 May 2011 - During lunch hour, I went to the post office to send out 14 cards. The postage is so expensive now! I have to pay for RM0.80 stamp for just one card! Tonight Joshua has worship practice again at 7.30pm. So I plan to stay home to focus on sending out official emails to our wedding committe for morning & night. And going to make sure I complete the list of wedding programs while I'm still sane... After Joshua's worship practice he's coming over to set up his old laptop at my place to download some songs for the wedding as his place now has no internet connection. Our TM is really lousy and slow...... Before I zzzzz....I'll have to continue reading the book "Marriage as God intended"... I have to complete it before the wedding!
We tried not to do things last minute but many of these things cannot be done earlier.... :( There're many things that happened that could easily make my day bad.. some friends will just say "not able to make it for your wedding" without a good reason... I even have a friend who avoided my calls due to work stress, unwilling to help me distribute wedding invites to her co-workers... friends who said yes to help but when ask them they say they haven't started at all, some say yes will definitely do it but you hear nothing from them anymore... or friends who just doesn't reply sms when I asked whether she could help in certain area. -_- We really need to learn how to take rejections and be flexible to change the plans, maybe to cut down details when our friends cannot deliver what was promised. :( But thank God for our wedding coordinator Jade, she's so responsible! :) In fact she's the only person who looks at our wedding guest list on google doc! Another thing what comforted us at this time is still the good comments people gave us about the wedding card. Haha. :) Whenever we pass a card, we hear "nice". Whenever we speak to a friend, we hear "i love your card". Oh God, you're so goood. :D
Some asked "why are you willing to spend so much on just a card?" Well... it really is not thatttt expensive. The average cost of printing the card plus envelope is just RM1.50. Ok, for the professional touch, we have to pay yes. We paid about RM100 for the multiple shot photo.. and we're going to pay Michelle for designing our card.... I guess that's about it? :)

Joshua's green checkered shirt = purchased from Primark (through Evelyn) after conversion RM50
Joshua's blue jeans = from Topman RM246.
Joshua's brown shoes = from Bata during sales, RM45.
Joan's purple dress = purchased during Cats Whiskers' warehouse sales, RM24. Sewed the belt at the back of dress as it is a low-back dress.
Joan's brown shoes = from Elo RM45.
1 more month to go! God please continue to give us strength and wisdom! May we continue to enjoy this process, not get too into preparation but also to enjoy the remaining days of singlehood! Give us peace... that everything will be taken care of... we trust in you and not man. Our wedding and our marriage is in your hands! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment