Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crazy start of June !

We just finished Acts Church annual conference i.e. Reunion Conference from 2nd to 4th June. It was challenging because that means we can't do much on wedding preparation and the house. :( But I still try my very best. I did a lot of back to back plans for this whole week.. which really sounds crazy but pray that it's all do-able!

On 4th June 2011 (Saturday), some miscommunications had caused us to miss the morning session of the conference. I made appointment for bridal gown fitting at 1pm, so we went straight. It was good time in deciding how to alter the gown.. but sad to know that the designer has resigned and 30th June is her last day. :(

Anyway we returned for the night session of Reunion Conference, and the night ended late. Tiring.

5th June 2011 Sunday - Our church service moved up to the Grand Ballroom of Summit for the first time. Was already in church at 9am (was in charge of food preparation for newcomers).. and we ended at about 3pm (after cleaning up).. I almost couldn't feel my limps when I finally sat down to have lunch at 3pm. -_- We returned to SS15 for a power nap. 6pm we were already in Ikea. There were a list of things to buy, but we only managed to buy laundry basket & shower gel holder. I eyed on a mirror but decided to see whether Houz Depot has better options. Yes after dinner at Ikea, we went to Houz Depot at about 8.45pm, only to find out they're closing at 9pm. :( Anyway, we confirmed that the mirrors were not that great and we found out that they have more stuffs that we can buy, so we plan to return on Wednesday.

6th June 2011 - Monday night, Joshua went to Ikea after work to buy the mirror. It miraculously fits into his wira, haha. Praise God! The mirror was RM299, we put it in ss15 house, for my hair & make up session on wedding day. After that we're bringing it to USJ12 house, hehehe. MY MIRROR. :P

Oh ya, while Joshua was in Ikea and all, I went to a skin specialist in Bandar Sunway right after work to get help on my eczema condition on my left foot. -_- Paid RM140 for a jab and some medicine. Pray that it's going to make my foot look niceR on my wedding day ya. :) Anne and I went to Subang Parade after that to get my necklace fixed. Found out that it's a bit too long when I put on my gown on Saturday, so I thought can shorten it. The nice sales girl in Poh Kong Jasmine, said that I shouldn't shorten it because it'll look weird if I want to wear it after the wedding. She spent about 20 minutes teaching Anne how to tie a knot at the back of the necklace to shorten it on my wedding day. Praise God for such a nice lady! :D We also managed to buy a piece of PVC cloth for RM14 to replace the old table cloth for the black coffee table in SS15 house.

7 June 2011 Tuesday - Went to see Joshua's tailor in Summit, trying to request for a tie of a particular cream colour. Conclusion he doesn't have the right material and suggested that we go to "My Tie" to buy. :( Anyway, went to church for prayer service at 8pm. We left early at 9.20pm, went to Joshua's house, what else.. cleaning loh.. :S I cleared the kitchen, wash every fork, spoon, cups, container, pots, pans, kettle.... and place them back into the new kitchen cabinets. Joshua shifted furnitures from master bedroom to other 2 small rooms. We needed to create space for new mattress which we plan to buy on Friday. Then he also cleaned the living room floor, ready to receive some old furnitures from Muar. We discovered that the bottom of old sofa set was broken and decided to get rid of it. (Secret celebration in me!) By the time we finish cleaning, 1.30am. I only managed to sleep at 2.10am. :(

8 June 2011 Wednesday - We arranged a lorry to bring up some extra furnitures from our Muar house and it finally arrived at 10am! :D I took half day off. We took out the small items that I want to bring to the USJ12 house while waiting for the lorry.

Anne enjoying the last bit of the black sofa.

And the lorry was here!
This is a new old sofa from our Muar house! :D

We got rid of this old black sofa which was in really bad condition. *High five*!

Anne is very satisfied with the new old sofa.. look at her feet, yes it's dirty.. we need to do urgent cleaning.

Yeay!! Even though it's dirty, we're still really glad that the sofas made it!


Then we directed the lorry to go to the USJ12 house to drop off an old dining table set, 2 coffee tables and they took away the old sofa. ;) Didn't take pictures as I was busy helping them shift. They scratched the new wooden door a little so I had to supervise closely to avoid further damage! :(


We paid RM520, said goodbye to the lorry and headed back to SS15 for early lunch. We were back in the SS15 house at 11.30am. We stripped off the plastic covers and exposed the sofa cushions. Anne scrubbed and wiped the floor inch by inch while I carefully cut the PVC cloth we purchased on Monday night into an oval shape, and stick it to the table. Here's the final product. ;) I like it neat. :D

Oh Joshua came during lunch hour, to teach me how to get to his office. I'm meeting him right after work so we can go to Houz Depot together.
We certainly enjoyed the new living room!


Before and after shot. So satisfied! :D


We've always wanted to bring this sofa up but we choose now because we need to make the living room more presentable as I'll be getting ready here on our wedding day. :D And we also can't wait to vacate our Muar house because we're planning a renovation and buying new furnitures too. So many things happening! (I know you must be so confused as we're talking about 3 houses here. Hahaha... just bear with me :P )

After work, went to Houz Depot with Joshua. Managed to get the basic stuffs - clothes rack, broom, dust pan, curtains etc. Things that we couldn't get - dish rack, cup holder, cutleries tray and a simple wardrobe. :S Might need to make another trip to Ikea? Argh.. :( Anyway got home almost 10pm, fix the curtain to be ready for use, and finally managed to rest at 11pm. :) It's a long day...

9 June 2011 Thursday- Officially another 30 days to our wedding! Got up feeling so anxious. God help me. :S I spent time writing down what we need to do this month, this is my calendar. God help us !!

Going to pass on some decor stuffs to our decorator tonight, and while Joshua goes for worship practice, I'll be going to the mall to buy his ties for the wedding day. I just got the news that the hair accessories that I ordered last week has finally arrived, praise the Lord! :D

Thank God for a good start in June.. and may He continue to be with us, guide us in this last 30 days... to God be the glory! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.