February 2012. We're going to Bangkok! :D

I believe I've been there, but I was too young to remember anything! :)
So this is the part of the globe we're going to "concur" in just about 3 months from now.

My mum spent her childhood in Thailand, she was too young to learn the Thai language, but my grandfather was very fluent with it! I remember when we travel to Thailand together with him, his Thai language blew me off! :D He was totally speaking like the locals. I wonder whether he attended any language class when he was living there.
I wrote about my mum here that my great grandfather and my grandparents moved to Thailand, to avoid the Malayan Emergency in the late 1940s. They stayed in Southern Thailand, in the town called Khlong Chandi, a linear settlement town. I tried searching on google to find this place, I wish I can visit this town if it still exist! But google search no results, the closest was "Khlonh Chan" and it is near Bangkok, don't think that's Southern Thailand... hmm.... if you happen to know where is this Khlong Chandi town, please share with me! :D
Other than that, my other main objective to go to Bangkok, is none other than shopping! :P
I've heard so much grand stories about shopping in Bangkok.
Chatuchak market! Platinium mall!

I hope to be able to tailor make at least 1 dress and 1 blazer. :D Joshua need to find skinny jeans, shoes and t-shirt. I've made a list, that'll make the hunt easier when it comes. Hehe.
October 2012. We're going to Seoul! :D

We've never been there so we're really excited about this! :D It's always been my dream to visit Korea.. of course ultimate dream is to pay Rain a visit, hahahaha. :P
So this is South Korea on the globe. ;)

I heard we have to take buses outside of Seoul to enjoy the beauty of Korea. :) Haven't make any plans on this yet.. we shall get tips from our friends who've been there. And we're also excited we could meet up with Grace & Daniel & their lovely baby girl Ona! :D :D

I know things are not cheap in Korea.. so I don't plan to buy anything unless necessary or is great bargain. My main objective is to experience their culture. :)

To walk on such street, and live in one of those houses.. feeling the cold breeze, hearing people speak in the Korean language, we might just feel that we've walked into any Korean drama, hahaha.

Many of Korea's culture like their palace and their traditional clothing are very similar to Chinese. I notice their traditional clothes have more vibrant colours. Not just building and clothes, their most original & traditional writings are chinese words! I've took Korean Basics as one of my elective subjects in uni, but sadly I've forgotten most of it. Used to know how to read but not anymore. Hope this trip can help me remember some! :D
Fingers cross, our leaves for these 2 major travel plans in 2012 will be approved. :D
Thank God for Air Asia and its promo that our little dreams could be crystalised. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment