Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011 - busy and busier


This year I really get to FEEL christmas.. despite the busy schedule. :)

We wrapped up Homes (caregroup) for Year 2011 on 2nd December. And the next day, we gathered about 5 of our Hommies to go with us to a low cost flat in Puchong, to bring food supplies to a nun who chose to live among the poor in the past 10 years. :) This is our Homes's project to spread Christmas cheer, there were no kids, so we just sit down and spend time talking to the nun and prayed with her. :)



On 4th December, I planned a bridal shower for Jade. :) It was very last minute but it went really well! We had pizzas the more simple food to prepare, oh no just order. Haha. I delegated different task to the girls, 2 girls to plan games, 2 girls to ensure food & drinks are there, 1 girl to take picture and I am in charge of the presents. :) So the night before her bridal shower, I had to go shopping on my own. Thank God I managed to buy some pretty stuffs for her.. and Jade likes them all! :D


I wore a dress which I find a little short from my comfort zone, so when I sit down to take group pictures, the ladies kept laughing at me because I was so conscious of my skirt! Haha! Glad everyone had a good laugh. :D


On 5th December, Anne came to pick me up from office during lunch hour, we went to Uptown Pacific Mutual Fund office to settle some stuffs. Well, on our way back I got a call from the consultant that she gave us the wrong form to fill up. -_- Kind of wasted our effort of flying there... Anyway, we set up Christmas tree together in my USJ house! :D Joshua and I bought the tree just the night before (after Jade's bridal shower), and we're so glad to have Anne around to set up together! :D

I know I looked extremely tired, I really was! By the way, we were so happy when the tree and lights were up but after 2 minutes, the middle part of the lights was burnt. Hmm... really speechless about christmas lights quality...

Jade's wedding is happening on the 10th December, and I am her wedding coordinator so there's a lot of things to cover. One of it will be the rehearsal. We managed to get all the people in charge to appear at the First Baptist Church in SS17 on 7th December 8pm. Joshua and I packed McD and ate in the chapel while waiting for the rest to slowly turn up. :) Although tiring, I'm glad I get to help Jade & Daniel to ensure their wedding ceremony will run smoothly. :)

Our Hommies want to have a Christmas Dinner together, so we fixed it on 9th December. We're expecting about 15-16 people... I counted, we don't have enough table and stools, so I went to Carefour and Mydin to get them on 8th December. Joshua couldn't come with me because he has worship practices in church. It was challenging because I had to buy cordial and soft drinks at the same time.. imagine how many things I need to carry on my own.. from trolley to car and from car to house. @.@ I was really physically challenged!

Finally on 9th December, our Christmas Dinner is here! So much preparation work not just us, but the cooks! Lynna and Barbara are the main cooks, they spent RM800 on just the raw materials!!! They bought a 6kg turkey... they should've bought a smaller one, 4kg.. but Lynna who does the marketing, she has a generous spirit and so always tend to overcook. :) Here's the FEAST we had!! Picture paints a thousand word.


We also do gift exchange so look at the presents under our tree! Hahaha..


And finally 10th December, Jade & Daniel's wedding day! We got up early, Joshua is the videographer and I am the wedding coordinator. We arrived at Jade's house at 7.30am. I helped them plan a fun gate crash in which Joshua is one of the heng tais. He loves playing games and said he enjoyed. :P Anyway, so much to oversee the whole day, the toughest would be cleaning up. -_- Making sure all chairs are clean (without curry sauce) and moved back to original rooms (upstairs). Thank God I got some guys to help... the eating hall has no air con so we were all soaking in sweat.

Dinner has more hiccups because the pictures slide show file was corrupted and restaurant sound system couldn't play any song from thumbdrive nor laptop nor mp3 player. Ended up have to use the restaurant's weird songs but Daniel & Jade was really cool about it. :)
We also had this man scolded the waitress for not serving him alcohol, I had to get table number from waitress, search for namelist for that table, show it to Jade then Jade involved her dad, they know who is the guy who wants alcohol. So I have to guide uncle to the table because there are 65 tables, not easy to locate table 53! Haha....

13th December was my first day at new company - F&N. :) :) Slow start, nothing much to do, just some readings and surfing net whole day. :P I like the culture here, people are much younger and work at a faster pace. But what I dislike about this place is, the dirty pantry which only serves hot water, and the old toilet which is almost equivalent to petrol station standard. Haha.. nothing is perfect! :)

17th December I sent Joshua to airport at 5.30am, he flew back to Alor Setar to visit his parents. I couldn't follow because I couldn't take Monday off work. I took the opportunity to meet up with my old friend Shwu Chyi on 18th December Sunday night!

We met for dinner at Sunway Pyramid, and talked until the shop closed, then continue chatting while looking for our cars, then talked in the car until 12am! :P I really miss catching up with her. :) Invited her to come for our church's short film on christmas day, hope she comes! :D

23rd December Joshua and I did some last minute christmas shopping at Subang Parade and on our way back home, a black Wira banged into our Myvi!!!!! It wasn't the accident that made us mad, it was the driver's attitude. He wind down his window, passed me his namecard saying "Call me tomorrow". He refused to stop to talk about the damage to our cars!! He tried to speed off but Joshua went after him. During the car chasing, we almost hit another 2 cars.. and I was screaming in the car! Finally the driver stopped but refused to get down of the car, Joshua managed to take picture of his car plate number, confirmed with a friend that that's all we needed then we let him go. I called Daniel earlier and he came to help out too, followed us to the police station and explained to us the procedures on insurance claims. :) Thank God for good friends!

24th December Christmas Eve, we bought a roasted chicken from Giant and made simple salad & mashed potato together with Anne and Ping in SS15 house. We had dinner while watching Captain America! :D


25th December - SHWU CHYI CAME!

Praise God she came! :D Merry Christmas!!
At night we just bring roasted duck and pastas to Jade & Daniel's house. Anne, Ping, Peng Hoe and Rose came too. We enjoyed eating together, chit chatting and playing Bejewels on Daniel's ipad! :D

God, thank you for such a colourful December month. :) Although I wish we could've avoided the accident on Christmas eve eve. :( The latest update is that the guy who hit our car reported to the police that we hit his car. Idiot. If the sergeant decided that we're in the wrong, not only we have to pay summon of RM300, we also have to bear both cars' repairs from our insurance company which will affect our insurance premium in the coming years! Nooooo wayyyyyyy....... Really pray... that God will make our innocence shine, he is the God of justice! Please pray with us!

Happy 2012. :)

No comments: