Here's me before going for work at the old company last week. Posing in front of our Christmas tree. :)
This dress is made of corduroy fabric and yes yes I agree with you, I don't like the design of the fabric too. What to do, it's a gift to my mum from her best friend Wee Ming. Mum has worn this dress maybe once or twice and decided to give it to me. I put on a black belt to achieve a better fit. It was white & grey striped background then the black designs... but after I handwashed it.. the black colour has run and sort of dyed the whole dress greyish. Haha..
Here's me after work last week too! You can tell the difference before and after work. Before work my eyes are still half closed and swollen. :P
I don't know why mum doesn't like this dress, she just gave it to me one day, asking me to wear it. I looked at it, I saw "challenge". :P I thought... how am I suppose to pull off such a dress? So tempted to remove the sleeves but mum disallowed, said I will destroy the whole dress if I remove them. Hmmm.... one day boldly I just put on a brown belt and off I go to work! Maybe it's the workforce in my old company, 2 ladies (aka aunties) loved my dress, said the design is very unique. Hmm... I'm still contemplating whether I should wear this to my new company... I may just impress them or scare them... hahahaha...
Here's me after church last Sunday! No not the jacket, the brown skirt!!! :D I love the colour of this AWESOME skirt of my mum!!
When I first saw this skirt in mum's wardrobe, I knew the colour was THE in colour now. What makes it even more perfect is that it's a high waist pencil skirt! I quickly put it on.... I was told by mum that she had this skirt tailor made in the 1990s. It fitted me just nice. -_- Mum was so slim in the 90s... she was already a mother of 3... my waist sure is big compared to hers! :( Anywayyy I could wear it but the skirt seemed a little balloon on both sides. I had no confidence to pull it off so I placed it back into the wardrobe.
The next round I went back to Muar, I was still thinking about this skirt. I tried it on again, gotten some advice from Anne and mum.. finally decided I should send it for alteration! Yeayyy.. I got it tailored to fit my body shape and TA DAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like it..... although it's a little tight at my waist and particularly suffocating after a full meal.. hahahahaha.... but I consider it worthwhile. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment