4 to 10 June 2012.
This week I'm again so so so busy, and Joshua's schedule has changed due to new job, so renovation updates have scaled down a lot a lot. Not that the contractors are not working, but we're just unable to closely update ourselves.....
Monday, because of all the questions raised by cousin brother on Sunday, we couldn't just communicate all to contractors over the phone, plus it's Joshua's first day at work, so I had to rush back during lunch hour at 12.30pm. The weather now is crazily hot and humid. I was sweating like a mad monkey the whole time. First, electricians were there, confirmed on air con location and having 1.5 horse power air con unit in masterbedroom. Then I realised they prepared extra air con piping in the bedroom we didn't say we want to fix air con! The electrician is Ah Long's brother and he sounded like he don't know anything we've discussed with Ah Long. -_-
I then waited for Ah Hoong (he went out to buy cement), while having lunch at 73. Anne cooked fried udon mee. :) It was delicious but I hardly eat 1/3 of it, I saw Ah Hoong came back. I rushed out to ask him to lay bricks around our small garden to prevent earth flowing out to cement floor during heavy rain, confirmed that the plaster ceiling doesn't come with skirting (skirting will need extra charges sigh), confirmed we have sufficient space above windows to instal curtain rails. There was a phone line connected from the Telekom pole into our back windows at kitchen.. and it's problematic because it might be in the way when we want to instal awning. :( We need to call Telekom to send technician to adjust the wiring when that happens. -_- Anyway, I rushed back to office and arrived back at 2pm. So stressful, trying not to exceed 2pm. Glad I made it. :) However it was such a rush I couldn't take time to snap pictures.
Tuesday, Joshua arranged with Ah Hoong to meet at 6pm but he got delayed and only arrived at 7pm. Ah Hoong and his workers are so nice, they waitied for Joshua. :) They discussed about plastering the walls where the electricians has hacked and drilled. Those will be extra charges by Ah Hoong. :( And about the roof leaking repair charges, it's either a simple repair RM1800 or complete redo RM4500. @.@ Joshua emailed the details to our cousin and we're waiting for him to give his opinion. Scary amount !!
Lastest update is that they have started laying kitchen floor tiles!!! Yeay!!
It's great progress amidst the scary quotation for leaking repairs. :) I pray that our kitchen will come out as a beauty. :) We were told that we can involve the granite guy now, but Joshua and I are still undecisive about granite top or other hard stone options.. granite top will cost is RM2500.. we're tempted to go with cheaper option but durability & quality will be unknown issues... what kind of kitchen top you're using right now? Care to share some feedback with me? It will help me a lot! :)
Wednesday, Joshua managed to stop by 71 at 6.30pm and peep at the progress. :) The kitchen tiles are almost completed.
This is where our fridge will stand. They have yet to build the platform for it. :)
This is just one part of the wall tiles in kitchen, together with another small wall, Ah Hoong will assist to replace the white tiles. According to him, better to replace them because this wall has some cracks after hacking, another wall already had holes covered with cement & painted white (doings of the previous tenant).
The bathroom tiles are also almost completed. :)
They also plastered the flooring at the masterbedroom extension area, which will be our little office.
They also have started covering up the wirings the electricians lay underground and walls. :)
Now here's the MISTAKE made by electrician, drilling holes & preparing air con piping in the small bedroom. Miscommunication among themselves. I hope I get a good discount for this mistake !!! Look they even made a hole on my ceiling!!
Thursday and Friday, both of us were too busy to drop by the house to check on the progress. We do know tha they have started on the plaster ceiling. :)
Saturday, we went over. Made appointment with Floor Depot at 10.30am to take measurement and so they could provide us a quotation. We saw ceiling contractors at work. 3 of them. And to our amazement, 90% of the plaster ceiling was COMPLETED!!! @.@
Bathrooms.
Small bedrooms.
Master bedroom..
Masterbathroom too. You can see the bathroom is a little dark because there're no more windows after installing ceiling. We thought of installing a skylight but decided not to after considering the dust that will accumulated between sky light and window.. haha... we rather switch on the light even during the day in the bathroo. :)
Downstairs, the extended area and some boxing up of pipes. These 2 workers are working on the final part already.
At first they looked unfriendly, but suddenly they talked to us. They told us they spotted something different when they entered the house that morning.. looks like someone broken into the house the night before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then they pointed to the main electrical box in front and said "looks like they cut off some wires"
OH NOOO... YES THEY DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We didn't even notice it until they pointed out !!
There were bundles of wires before!!! GRrrrrr I hate thieves !!!!!!!!!! The worker said 1kg of wires could be sold for RM20. For RM20 they decided to made a mess in our house!!!!
We had to immediately call up Ah Long the electrician and contact our cousin to update him about the situation.
Sunday, while we were busy in churh, Ah Long came to assess the situation, he told Joshua the low class people has cut off wires from 4 areas, we were not really sure where though. It seems he needed to do a lot of work to rectify, and he will only do it after we fix the window glass and grill. There'll be some hacking still. :( We also reminded our cousin to bring in our gate and fence soon... and we're already planning when to start painting. Reason being, before installing grills, the walls and window frames needs to be painted. 2 Saturdays this month is pretty much gone because of Joshua's bestman Wee Liem's wedding in both Malacca and KL.... we have very limited time left... we must paint and get the security grills up by this month, pleaseeeeeee keeeep us in prayers. :) :)
Sorry for rushing in writing my updates but I must go to bed now.. I came back from office at 9.30pm without dinner and have a deadline to meet tomorrow noon. Good night!!~
This week I'm again so so so busy, and Joshua's schedule has changed due to new job, so renovation updates have scaled down a lot a lot. Not that the contractors are not working, but we're just unable to closely update ourselves.....
Monday, because of all the questions raised by cousin brother on Sunday, we couldn't just communicate all to contractors over the phone, plus it's Joshua's first day at work, so I had to rush back during lunch hour at 12.30pm. The weather now is crazily hot and humid. I was sweating like a mad monkey the whole time. First, electricians were there, confirmed on air con location and having 1.5 horse power air con unit in masterbedroom. Then I realised they prepared extra air con piping in the bedroom we didn't say we want to fix air con! The electrician is Ah Long's brother and he sounded like he don't know anything we've discussed with Ah Long. -_-
I then waited for Ah Hoong (he went out to buy cement), while having lunch at 73. Anne cooked fried udon mee. :) It was delicious but I hardly eat 1/3 of it, I saw Ah Hoong came back. I rushed out to ask him to lay bricks around our small garden to prevent earth flowing out to cement floor during heavy rain, confirmed that the plaster ceiling doesn't come with skirting (skirting will need extra charges sigh), confirmed we have sufficient space above windows to instal curtain rails. There was a phone line connected from the Telekom pole into our back windows at kitchen.. and it's problematic because it might be in the way when we want to instal awning. :( We need to call Telekom to send technician to adjust the wiring when that happens. -_- Anyway, I rushed back to office and arrived back at 2pm. So stressful, trying not to exceed 2pm. Glad I made it. :) However it was such a rush I couldn't take time to snap pictures.
Tuesday, Joshua arranged with Ah Hoong to meet at 6pm but he got delayed and only arrived at 7pm. Ah Hoong and his workers are so nice, they waitied for Joshua. :) They discussed about plastering the walls where the electricians has hacked and drilled. Those will be extra charges by Ah Hoong. :( And about the roof leaking repair charges, it's either a simple repair RM1800 or complete redo RM4500. @.@ Joshua emailed the details to our cousin and we're waiting for him to give his opinion. Scary amount !!
Lastest update is that they have started laying kitchen floor tiles!!! Yeay!!
It's great progress amidst the scary quotation for leaking repairs. :) I pray that our kitchen will come out as a beauty. :) We were told that we can involve the granite guy now, but Joshua and I are still undecisive about granite top or other hard stone options.. granite top will cost is RM2500.. we're tempted to go with cheaper option but durability & quality will be unknown issues... what kind of kitchen top you're using right now? Care to share some feedback with me? It will help me a lot! :)
Wednesday, Joshua managed to stop by 71 at 6.30pm and peep at the progress. :) The kitchen tiles are almost completed.
This is where our fridge will stand. They have yet to build the platform for it. :)
This is just one part of the wall tiles in kitchen, together with another small wall, Ah Hoong will assist to replace the white tiles. According to him, better to replace them because this wall has some cracks after hacking, another wall already had holes covered with cement & painted white (doings of the previous tenant).
The bathroom tiles are also almost completed. :)
They also plastered the flooring at the masterbedroom extension area, which will be our little office.
They also have started covering up the wirings the electricians lay underground and walls. :)
Now here's the MISTAKE made by electrician, drilling holes & preparing air con piping in the small bedroom. Miscommunication among themselves. I hope I get a good discount for this mistake !!! Look they even made a hole on my ceiling!!
Thursday and Friday, both of us were too busy to drop by the house to check on the progress. We do know tha they have started on the plaster ceiling. :)
Saturday, we went over. Made appointment with Floor Depot at 10.30am to take measurement and so they could provide us a quotation. We saw ceiling contractors at work. 3 of them. And to our amazement, 90% of the plaster ceiling was COMPLETED!!! @.@
Bathrooms.
Small bedrooms.
Master bedroom..
Masterbathroom too. You can see the bathroom is a little dark because there're no more windows after installing ceiling. We thought of installing a skylight but decided not to after considering the dust that will accumulated between sky light and window.. haha... we rather switch on the light even during the day in the bathroo. :)
Downstairs, the extended area and some boxing up of pipes. These 2 workers are working on the final part already.
At first they looked unfriendly, but suddenly they talked to us. They told us they spotted something different when they entered the house that morning.. looks like someone broken into the house the night before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then they pointed to the main electrical box in front and said "looks like they cut off some wires"
OH NOOO... YES THEY DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We didn't even notice it until they pointed out !!
There were bundles of wires before!!! GRrrrrr I hate thieves !!!!!!!!!! The worker said 1kg of wires could be sold for RM20. For RM20 they decided to made a mess in our house!!!!
We had to immediately call up Ah Long the electrician and contact our cousin to update him about the situation.
Sunday, while we were busy in churh, Ah Long came to assess the situation, he told Joshua the low class people has cut off wires from 4 areas, we were not really sure where though. It seems he needed to do a lot of work to rectify, and he will only do it after we fix the window glass and grill. There'll be some hacking still. :( We also reminded our cousin to bring in our gate and fence soon... and we're already planning when to start painting. Reason being, before installing grills, the walls and window frames needs to be painted. 2 Saturdays this month is pretty much gone because of Joshua's bestman Wee Liem's wedding in both Malacca and KL.... we have very limited time left... we must paint and get the security grills up by this month, pleaseeeeeee keeeep us in prayers. :) :)
Sorry for rushing in writing my updates but I must go to bed now.. I came back from office at 9.30pm without dinner and have a deadline to meet tomorrow noon. Good night!!~

No comments:
Post a Comment