Wednesday, June 27, 2012

71 renovation progress week 9

Week 9. 18th to 24th June 2012.

Monday. I dropped by 71 after work and was amazed once again by the flooring! They are so fast.... I can't keep up to their pace..


 It was 7 plus when I arrived so it is quite dark..

 They have basically completed everything, now only left the skirting. And their work is awesome.

Tuesday. None of us drop by. During lunch, I had to go to Maybank to get bankers cheque for Ah Hoong. He has asked for 3rd payment.

Wednesday. Met Ah Hoong at 6.30pm to pass him the cheque. I was SHOCKED to find that they have completed ALL the flooring until the entrance, which means they have removed the sliding grill door! 

Our house is a literally OPEN house now, there's no way to lock anymore, can't avoid having people partying in our house during midnight...... ahhh.....!! I almost went crazy.

I asked Ah Hoong, "why didn't you tell me earlier about this? I would've arranged for grill guy to come earlier and to match your timing." He said "I told your husband.." @.@  Joshua!!! He mentioned to me about fixing up the grills, but was talking about windows grills the whole time. He misunderstood the concept....

The ideal case : Before Ah Hoong remove the sliding grill door, the grill door for main entrance need to be installed, then the window glasses to come in as well. Window glasses cannot come earlier than the door because the glasses can be stolen from inside by removing 3 screws. Once we have a grill door, it is safe.

I immediately call our grill guy Ah Kwang, he only came to take measurement on Saturday.. I asked when is latest for him to provide just the grill door, he say earliest is Tuesday... :( :( :(  That means my house is open for a week!  Another crucial thing = we need to buy pocket lock and pass to him!

Ok now I should mention, Joshua was not feeling well the whole day and he was red like a tomato due to the heat in his body. We were planning to send him to clinic after meet up with Ah Hoong and take MC the next day. I decided to have half day off the next day, to go and buy pocket lock. It's very urgent..

So I sent Joshua to 24 hour clinic in SS15 before dinner and on the way to clinic we spotted a locksmith shop! We planned to go to locksmith shop in ss2 recommended by Daniel & Jade but we thought we should check this shop out. ;)

Thursday. Joshua is on MC and I took half day off. We went to the locksmith shop. They have Yale and Surelock, the 2 brands recommended by my cousin brother. Ok. So after 1 hour plus in the shop talking to the owner who laughs at everything, we bought the Yale pocket lock for both grills and wooden door for total RM570. I rushed off to work without lunch. Joshua met up with Ah Kwang the grill guy in the evening about 5pm, passed him the lock and confirmed on the design and requirements of the grill door. The window guy Ah Lek already prepared the glass windows and can come to instal anytime.. so now.. all we have to do now is wait for the grill door....

Friday. We did not go to 71 as we have Homes (caregroup).

Saturday. Morning was Wee Liem (Joshua's best man)'s wedding, after the wedding I drop by Pretty In White for shoe fitting, the pair of free custom made shoes due to my wedding gown horror story. :P  Then we went to buy paint! We wanted to go to the shop recommended by Daniel & Jade called Malware in Bandar Sunway but not open! @.@ We went to 3 other shops in SS15 and still couldn't find a proper shop that sells Nippon paint.. only able to buy the paint brush, paint tray etc. Finally we stopped at a shop in SS14. Awesome. Air-conditioned and nice lady boss explaining everything to us. We ended up buying 20L Jotun base paint RM180, two 5L Nippon Satin Glo and two 5L Nippon Easy Clean.

At 4pm, we made appointment to meet the granite guy. They're 2 indians that came in a motorbike. Strong indian accent, took measurement of the table top, of the sink.. and that's all. They left. We went home, Joshua did some video works, got ready for Wee Liem's wedding dinner and off we go. Tiring day!

Anyway here's what we see in 71 on Saturday. :) :) We were worried the new floor will be scratched and Ah Hoong said he can help us buy the blue canvas and we totally didn't expect him to help us stick it to the floor!

And added wooden boards on it.
They did such a good job. So detailed and meticulous.


Outside in front, they have prepared to lay cement.
And this is one of the two groundings.

In our kitchen, Ah Hoong helped us to replace the white wall tiles.
The old one had some holes and some filling which looked really ugly.
The platform for fridge is also ready. :)
Oops, we saw this at masterbedroom. Suspected that someone came in during midnight? Called Ah Hoong, he said it dropped itself, due to too much water in the cement.. he will fix it. :)
I was measuring to see whether our study table can fit here. The height is just nice. :)
This is our gate. :P
And this is how Ah Hoong ensure no one steals his ladder.
Sunday. After church at about 11.30am, I went home to sleeeeeeep. Too tired. Then at 3pm, I went to 71. Amazed to see Ah Hoong there! I asked him, "why are you here on a Sunday?" He said he came in to redo the cement around the window in masterbedroom and fill up the holes on the walls because he knew we were going to start painting. So thoughful!

We started painting at 4pm plus.. it was quite a nightmare... we had 4 friends over to help us - Russell, Samuel, Daniel and Jade. Russell was on the ladder scrapping off paint of a high wall but the ladder broke and he fell off right in front of Samuel and Ah Hoong! Ah Hoong was laughing -_- ... and gave them another ladder.. and even passed us his scrapper and filler before he went back.

I thought paint is just paint & roller, but no... it's also filler, sandpaper, scrapper and wiping it clean! We have a lot of new cement on the walls due to the drillings by electrician to conceal the wires and also for new window frames. :S  We didn't take any picture at all because we both had our hands dirty in those work... finished at 7.30pm. Planned to paint 6 walls and 2 ceilings properly.. but only managed to do base coat on those 6 walls and only scrapped off old paint of the ceiling. We decided, to explore the option of Ah Hoong painting it for us. His charges is expensive... RM4600 for only labour charges internal and external painting.. we'll see if we can negotiate it much much lower. God please grant us favour in the pricing.... :)


No comments: