Week 18. 20th to 26th August 2012.
Monday, we stayed at home to show face to the Chiam parents, so nothing was done to 71.
Tuesday, morning 9am Ah Hoong and his worker came. He promised to come to help with minor touch ups so that the place is ready for us to move in. :) Awesome guy. So they came first fix the water pump and yeay we finally have water again in 71. This is our kitchen tap. :D
Then touch up on the paint on the plaster ceiling which was broken by our electrician when they tried to instal an additional downlight. Also wall along the staircase, I also painted the exterior, the welding of the gate has destroyed some paint around, so I just simply paint it over with the excess paint. I also wipe all the new windows clean so that they can touch up on the areas which have cracked due to the drilling by window grills installers.
Hooks.
I did labellings as such to tell them where we want them, to avoid misunderstanding.. haha..
After they're done with upstairs, we vaccumed all 3 rooms. At about 4pm Ah Hoong started to tile the kitchen legs. :)
They are quite fast, managed to finish by 6.30pm. I was all exhausted by then..... body crying out for rest. Joshua was away half the time at home, coaching her sister to drive from the USJ house to church and her office. Also his parents made a big fuss about us planning to move to 71 on Saturday. Well well well, he's learning to handle them. Bad thing for me, I did all the cleaning and wiping alone... :( Yes I complained a lot and managed to make him feel bad. Hehe.
This was the upper landing, vaccumed and plan to find time to wipe clean and redo the grout lines. Ah Hoong left the powder for me and taught me how to do it. I noticed some small holes and am quite paranoid about them so I am going to fill them all up! :D
Wednesday, I took mc. The amount of work and stress from house & office has finally defeated my physical health. :( Had muscle aches all over.. especially my left arm and leg.. doctor said I overused my non-dominant hand. :( I dressed up as if I was going to work, left the house and went straight to 73! :P Need complete peace and quiet.. so best is to be away from the in-laws. I managed to do some internet surfing, sleep, lunch, sleep, and sleep. By 5.45pm, I decided that I need to make my mc day worthwhile so I went over to 71. Sweep and vaccum all 3 rooms upstairs again. Simply because, we're moving on Saturday, Thursday night Joshua has worship practice and Friday night we have Homes. Busy schedule, I know. :( So I have to do some cleaning this day.
Anyway after the cleaning workout at 71, I drove to Ikea straight away, going to buy furnitures!! :D Arrived at about 8pm, Joshua came to join me too. We went for expensive Thai dinner at Ikano (not going back again, not worth the money) then we straight to buy our things. Bought wire curtain rail for moon room's windows. It cannot take the normal curtain rod because the aircon is sitting right above the window. Then to Ikea warehouse, bought our bookshelf, bedside tables, open shelve, office tables, 4 drawer chest drawer, 5 drawer chest drawer...
A lot more to fit into the trolley!
Joshua had to push that trolley this way, hehe I find it quite funny until I had to do it myself... not funny.. need skills!
Men's job. :P
Lining up to pay.... look at the long queue, rushing to furnish their houses for Raya!
The only item that was out of stock was the 3 drawer chest drawer, but they said it will be restocked the next day, so I have to go alone. :(
We paid for all these and then sent them to the home delivery department. Paid RM65 for delivery and RM75 to assemble some of those large items. :) We're not confident on assembling them on our own! :P
Thursday, after work, about 7pm, I went straight to Ikea. Studied more on their kitchen cabinets.. looking through their accessories... took some photos and helped Joshua pick a plate for photography use.
Collected the restocked chest drawer, paid, sent to delivery department. Paid RM27 for assembly service. Went back to Subang. It was already 9.45pm, I bought my dinner..and met Anne at 73. We had our late dinner, Joshua came too. Then all 3 of us went over to 71, to mop the floors! Anne specialised in mopping the upstairs bedroom floors, with a bit of Joshua's help. I vaccumed and wipe the living room floor. Didn't want to do too much because I know it will get dirty again on Saturday, so my plan is to clean it after the moving in. :) We wrapped up and went home at 11.30pm... and did packing until 12.45am... -_- God please grant us strength.. just one more night, just one more day... we will enter... our dreamhouse. :) :)
Friday, we had Homes. After Homes was the last minute packing!
Here are the things lined up to go up the lorry the next morning. It looks awfully packed!
Some fragiles that will be transported by car. :)
We packed from 11pm until almost 3am. Stuffing as many things into all the bags and boxes we could find, big or small.
It was a fun time to discover just how many things we have! We ordered a 1 ton truck... and I didn't think all our things could fit in. :S Our hope was, our friends that are coming at 8.30am to help us shift, can put the rest of the things in their cars. Hehe.
Saturday, we woke up at 8.15am because our friend Russell has arrived to help us shift!! @.@
Joshua dragged himself out of bed and went out with Russell to buy breakfast. He asked Russell "Why are you so early?" He said "I'm a Singaporean" Haha... well he's a malaysian who married a singaporean and worked in Singapore for about 20 years. He's back in Malaysia because he stabbed his wife during a fight and was sent back to Malaysia. Don't worry, he's saved and he's an awesome brother in Christ. :) :) Anywayyy... I got up, showered and started packing again. Packed our bed clothes, packed the remaining things we couldn't finish from the night before, all the small items like notebooks, handphone charger, table lamp etc etc.
Lorry came, Joshua gave the driver a pack of nasi lemak and a can of F&N orange. He then also help us shift. Hehe. Our awesome friends helped us shift, arranged the things in the lorry.. wrapped up glass pieces with newspaper.
Shifting my ikea wardrobe down the narrow staircase.
Grace helped too, but she only carry the light stuffs. To her the heavy things are for the guys, for me.. I will challenge myself! :P
This is our tiny lorry. Our friend Samuel has much moving experience so he's helping to arrange the furnitures in the lorry, to fit as much as possible.
This is Russell and Adrian. God sent friends. :) :)
Professor Samuel. Very great guy, very focused on the things he's assigned to do. Still single!! May God give him a good girl. :)
Also loaded my Myvi with the more fragile items. I led the lorry to 71, then Joshua came with another 2 friends, their car also full of our things. Hehe. Wee Liem came straight to 71 to help us shift too. Joshua's best man. ;) Move move move...
Our 11inches giant mattres.
One thing I regret was that I didn't even think of WRAPPING our bed.... I thought it's just short distance.... but the bed was more fragile than I thought. :( When we assemble it, we realised quite some parts and corners of the leather were torn. I patched up with a black tape, and hope that they will not get worse in the coming years. I really like our bed... and was hoping it will last us until we're you know.. 70?? :P In Jesus's name, amen!
Anyway, Ah Hoong and his crew were in to help us too. :) They touched up paint around the house but this time he's not that helpful because he's unwell. Poor guy has running nose and drowsy. Ohhh!! And our awning installers are in too! ;) The maxis internet line installers as well. It's quite merry around here!
Thank God for space at the back of our house. :) Makes things so convenient for the contractors.
Our plan for the day was, move everything in by lunch. After lunch we will nap, because we don't have enough sleep and Ikea will be coming at 5pm with our furnitures.
I was hyper active and overly excited about the fact that we have moved, we put out old dirty carpet in living room, enjoying fast youtube video (maxis line was just fixed) and going to sleep..... zzz.... then Ah Hoong came running to us, saying "big problem! neighbour is complaining about the gutter pipe from the roof, caushing leaking in their kitchen!" -______- can't we even rest for a bit.... so we went out to meet our neighbours, 60plus old aunty and uncle. Coincidentally the aunty is my dua yi (aunty)'s old friend from Setiawan. But she forgot how we were related to our aunty and was being rather annoying with the complains. Then the uncle is another type, like an angry bird, only difference is he is not round and cute, but old and annoying. They complained that we replaced the square pipe to round pipe causing the leakage in which Ah Hoong said he checked and the leakage was due to something else. They made noise that the pipe should be square... conclusion, they finally agree that Ah Hoong help to fix their roof and the damaged piece of ceiling in their kitchen. So we went in their house, helped to sweep the rubbish from their ceiling.. and at the same time took a little tour which Ah Hoong is doing his work. I thank God for 71 because although this house is just next door... it is very different. As in the renovation was done to the wrong part of the house, also very bad renovation quality. The aunty admitted they were stingy and got cheap contractor thus the lousy work quality. Always worth to pay a bit more to secure a certain level of quality. :)
Cut long story short, they fixed everything for the old couple. We went back to 71, Ah Hoong left with his workers. He taught us how to touch up the floor tiles grouts again whenever needed. He didn't sound very patient when I reminded him of certain paint touch ups that he missed out, he didn't complete and just left. Anyway it's simple painting, I can do it. :P I just feel lazy to pick up the brush, wash the brush with tinner etc etc. :(
By about 4.45pm, I was determined that I need to sleep! Then Ikea called.. :( They are coming.. and they were really on time. 5pm they came with the stuffs we bought!! Woo hoo!!
Malm chest drawer 6 for our folded clothes and chest drawer 4 as my make up table.
Red chest drawer for kitchen use!
Our messy living room.
While they assemble the stuffs, I was busy cleaning the space for them! So excited about the new things. :) :) Just how I've imagined.... mmmm.... :)
After Ikea left, we took a shower. I was really really drained out.. but we still need to have dinner right? A friend is buying us banana leaf rice because he got promoted, so we went. I ate while imagining I'm sleeping in the new house, haha... I look really bad in this photo and this friend didn't snap another one... -__- so I untagged myself on FB.
after dinner we went to see Joshua's sister to make sure she's ok and then we went home. 10pm, due to privacy issues, we decided to put up the front curtain. The old one was too short and anyone could do an x-ray scan of the house from outside, so despite tiredness, we put it up. :) I love it!
It was already 10.30pm, Joshua went out to watch football match. Crazy guy. Then I attempted to sleep at 11pm. The windows at our office corner are still uncovered because we haven't have time to instal the blinds. So I didn't switch on any lights in master bedroom.
And because we need lights. so I just set up our bedside lamps. These are given to my mum by her friend in year 2006.... then I took them because they were collecting dust in Muar anyway. Haha. I love freebies. Especially when both are still functioning well, only thing they're in maroon colour. But next to our brown bed, not that bad la. :)
I was tired.. I thought I would snooze the minute I put my bed on the pillow.... but no... just opposite my house there's a pub and I could hear people singing karaoke!! All the way till 2am @.@ so annoying!! Joshua came back from the match and could sleep straight away.... something was wrong with me.. :( but thank God I had at least 4-5 hours of sleep... because.....
Sunday, I am serving at Mandarin service and have to be there at 7.30am. -_- I was floating the whole time and somemore was translating on stage. Praise God for using my tongue... they said I translated well. All glory to Jesus, not me. :) :)
I went back after service and catched back sleep! Then Joshua came back at 3pm, straight away started on the blinds. He said for security purpose he wants to put them up. We thought it will take at most 30 minutes, but it took himk 3 hours. :(
Drilling the ceiling is very hard! The cement dust flying straight to your face... and the drill is not power enough to drill a hole deep enough...
This is our bed. I like how it look on the laminated wood floor. :)
Drill drill drill, sweat sweat sweat, stress stress stress.
Concurring the ceiling!
Finally at 7pm... all 3 blinds are up. :) I have plans to cover up the gap in the middle. ;)
While Joshua's fixing the blinds, I made myself helpful by fixing up one of our tables.
Putting in the screws one by one with screwdrive manually is really... not fun..
But the result is satisfying. :) This is Joshua's work table at home. :) We put it in the back room temporary until the wardrobe in master bedroom is settled... which we don't know when yet.
I guess that's it!!! Hahaha... we finallly....... call it a day.. and I have so many plans for the house, can't wait to unpack and get our life in order in the coming week. :)
God thank you for our dream house!! :D
Monday, we stayed at home to show face to the Chiam parents, so nothing was done to 71.
Tuesday, morning 9am Ah Hoong and his worker came. He promised to come to help with minor touch ups so that the place is ready for us to move in. :) Awesome guy. So they came first fix the water pump and yeay we finally have water again in 71. This is our kitchen tap. :D
Then touch up on the paint on the plaster ceiling which was broken by our electrician when they tried to instal an additional downlight. Also wall along the staircase, I also painted the exterior, the welding of the gate has destroyed some paint around, so I just simply paint it over with the excess paint. I also wipe all the new windows clean so that they can touch up on the areas which have cracked due to the drilling by window grills installers.
We took the opportunity to get their help to help drill in the remaining bathroom accessories too. Glass shelves. They used laser tool to ensure it's straight. :)
I did labellings as such to tell them where we want them, to avoid misunderstanding.. haha..
After they're done with upstairs, we vaccumed all 3 rooms. At about 4pm Ah Hoong started to tile the kitchen legs. :)
They are quite fast, managed to finish by 6.30pm. I was all exhausted by then..... body crying out for rest. Joshua was away half the time at home, coaching her sister to drive from the USJ house to church and her office. Also his parents made a big fuss about us planning to move to 71 on Saturday. Well well well, he's learning to handle them. Bad thing for me, I did all the cleaning and wiping alone... :( Yes I complained a lot and managed to make him feel bad. Hehe.
This was the upper landing, vaccumed and plan to find time to wipe clean and redo the grout lines. Ah Hoong left the powder for me and taught me how to do it. I noticed some small holes and am quite paranoid about them so I am going to fill them all up! :D
Wednesday, I took mc. The amount of work and stress from house & office has finally defeated my physical health. :( Had muscle aches all over.. especially my left arm and leg.. doctor said I overused my non-dominant hand. :( I dressed up as if I was going to work, left the house and went straight to 73! :P Need complete peace and quiet.. so best is to be away from the in-laws. I managed to do some internet surfing, sleep, lunch, sleep, and sleep. By 5.45pm, I decided that I need to make my mc day worthwhile so I went over to 71. Sweep and vaccum all 3 rooms upstairs again. Simply because, we're moving on Saturday, Thursday night Joshua has worship practice and Friday night we have Homes. Busy schedule, I know. :( So I have to do some cleaning this day.
Anyway after the cleaning workout at 71, I drove to Ikea straight away, going to buy furnitures!! :D Arrived at about 8pm, Joshua came to join me too. We went for expensive Thai dinner at Ikano (not going back again, not worth the money) then we straight to buy our things. Bought wire curtain rail for moon room's windows. It cannot take the normal curtain rod because the aircon is sitting right above the window. Then to Ikea warehouse, bought our bookshelf, bedside tables, open shelve, office tables, 4 drawer chest drawer, 5 drawer chest drawer...
A lot more to fit into the trolley!
Joshua had to push that trolley this way, hehe I find it quite funny until I had to do it myself... not funny.. need skills!
Men's job. :P
Lining up to pay.... look at the long queue, rushing to furnish their houses for Raya!
The only item that was out of stock was the 3 drawer chest drawer, but they said it will be restocked the next day, so I have to go alone. :(
We paid for all these and then sent them to the home delivery department. Paid RM65 for delivery and RM75 to assemble some of those large items. :) We're not confident on assembling them on our own! :P
Thursday, after work, about 7pm, I went straight to Ikea. Studied more on their kitchen cabinets.. looking through their accessories... took some photos and helped Joshua pick a plate for photography use.
Collected the restocked chest drawer, paid, sent to delivery department. Paid RM27 for assembly service. Went back to Subang. It was already 9.45pm, I bought my dinner..and met Anne at 73. We had our late dinner, Joshua came too. Then all 3 of us went over to 71, to mop the floors! Anne specialised in mopping the upstairs bedroom floors, with a bit of Joshua's help. I vaccumed and wipe the living room floor. Didn't want to do too much because I know it will get dirty again on Saturday, so my plan is to clean it after the moving in. :) We wrapped up and went home at 11.30pm... and did packing until 12.45am... -_- God please grant us strength.. just one more night, just one more day... we will enter... our dreamhouse. :) :)
Friday, we had Homes. After Homes was the last minute packing!
Here are the things lined up to go up the lorry the next morning. It looks awfully packed!
Some fragiles that will be transported by car. :)
We packed from 11pm until almost 3am. Stuffing as many things into all the bags and boxes we could find, big or small.
It was a fun time to discover just how many things we have! We ordered a 1 ton truck... and I didn't think all our things could fit in. :S Our hope was, our friends that are coming at 8.30am to help us shift, can put the rest of the things in their cars. Hehe.
Saturday, we woke up at 8.15am because our friend Russell has arrived to help us shift!! @.@
Joshua dragged himself out of bed and went out with Russell to buy breakfast. He asked Russell "Why are you so early?" He said "I'm a Singaporean" Haha... well he's a malaysian who married a singaporean and worked in Singapore for about 20 years. He's back in Malaysia because he stabbed his wife during a fight and was sent back to Malaysia. Don't worry, he's saved and he's an awesome brother in Christ. :) :) Anywayyy... I got up, showered and started packing again. Packed our bed clothes, packed the remaining things we couldn't finish from the night before, all the small items like notebooks, handphone charger, table lamp etc etc.
Lorry came, Joshua gave the driver a pack of nasi lemak and a can of F&N orange. He then also help us shift. Hehe. Our awesome friends helped us shift, arranged the things in the lorry.. wrapped up glass pieces with newspaper.
Shifting my ikea wardrobe down the narrow staircase.
Grace helped too, but she only carry the light stuffs. To her the heavy things are for the guys, for me.. I will challenge myself! :P
This is our tiny lorry. Our friend Samuel has much moving experience so he's helping to arrange the furnitures in the lorry, to fit as much as possible.
This is Russell and Adrian. God sent friends. :) :)
Professor Samuel. Very great guy, very focused on the things he's assigned to do. Still single!! May God give him a good girl. :)
Also loaded my Myvi with the more fragile items. I led the lorry to 71, then Joshua came with another 2 friends, their car also full of our things. Hehe. Wee Liem came straight to 71 to help us shift too. Joshua's best man. ;) Move move move...
Our 11inches giant mattres.
One thing I regret was that I didn't even think of WRAPPING our bed.... I thought it's just short distance.... but the bed was more fragile than I thought. :( When we assemble it, we realised quite some parts and corners of the leather were torn. I patched up with a black tape, and hope that they will not get worse in the coming years. I really like our bed... and was hoping it will last us until we're you know.. 70?? :P In Jesus's name, amen!
Anyway, Ah Hoong and his crew were in to help us too. :) They touched up paint around the house but this time he's not that helpful because he's unwell. Poor guy has running nose and drowsy. Ohhh!! And our awning installers are in too! ;) The maxis internet line installers as well. It's quite merry around here!
Thank God for space at the back of our house. :) Makes things so convenient for the contractors.
Our plan for the day was, move everything in by lunch. After lunch we will nap, because we don't have enough sleep and Ikea will be coming at 5pm with our furnitures.
I was hyper active and overly excited about the fact that we have moved, we put out old dirty carpet in living room, enjoying fast youtube video (maxis line was just fixed) and going to sleep..... zzz.... then Ah Hoong came running to us, saying "big problem! neighbour is complaining about the gutter pipe from the roof, caushing leaking in their kitchen!" -______- can't we even rest for a bit.... so we went out to meet our neighbours, 60plus old aunty and uncle. Coincidentally the aunty is my dua yi (aunty)'s old friend from Setiawan. But she forgot how we were related to our aunty and was being rather annoying with the complains. Then the uncle is another type, like an angry bird, only difference is he is not round and cute, but old and annoying. They complained that we replaced the square pipe to round pipe causing the leakage in which Ah Hoong said he checked and the leakage was due to something else. They made noise that the pipe should be square... conclusion, they finally agree that Ah Hoong help to fix their roof and the damaged piece of ceiling in their kitchen. So we went in their house, helped to sweep the rubbish from their ceiling.. and at the same time took a little tour which Ah Hoong is doing his work. I thank God for 71 because although this house is just next door... it is very different. As in the renovation was done to the wrong part of the house, also very bad renovation quality. The aunty admitted they were stingy and got cheap contractor thus the lousy work quality. Always worth to pay a bit more to secure a certain level of quality. :)
Cut long story short, they fixed everything for the old couple. We went back to 71, Ah Hoong left with his workers. He taught us how to touch up the floor tiles grouts again whenever needed. He didn't sound very patient when I reminded him of certain paint touch ups that he missed out, he didn't complete and just left. Anyway it's simple painting, I can do it. :P I just feel lazy to pick up the brush, wash the brush with tinner etc etc. :(
By about 4.45pm, I was determined that I need to sleep! Then Ikea called.. :( They are coming.. and they were really on time. 5pm they came with the stuffs we bought!! Woo hoo!!
Malm chest drawer 6 for our folded clothes and chest drawer 4 as my make up table.
Red chest drawer for kitchen use!
Our messy living room.
While they assemble the stuffs, I was busy cleaning the space for them! So excited about the new things. :) :) Just how I've imagined.... mmmm.... :)
After Ikea left, we took a shower. I was really really drained out.. but we still need to have dinner right? A friend is buying us banana leaf rice because he got promoted, so we went. I ate while imagining I'm sleeping in the new house, haha... I look really bad in this photo and this friend didn't snap another one... -__- so I untagged myself on FB.
after dinner we went to see Joshua's sister to make sure she's ok and then we went home. 10pm, due to privacy issues, we decided to put up the front curtain. The old one was too short and anyone could do an x-ray scan of the house from outside, so despite tiredness, we put it up. :) I love it!
It was already 10.30pm, Joshua went out to watch football match. Crazy guy. Then I attempted to sleep at 11pm. The windows at our office corner are still uncovered because we haven't have time to instal the blinds. So I didn't switch on any lights in master bedroom.
And because we need lights. so I just set up our bedside lamps. These are given to my mum by her friend in year 2006.... then I took them because they were collecting dust in Muar anyway. Haha. I love freebies. Especially when both are still functioning well, only thing they're in maroon colour. But next to our brown bed, not that bad la. :)
I was tired.. I thought I would snooze the minute I put my bed on the pillow.... but no... just opposite my house there's a pub and I could hear people singing karaoke!! All the way till 2am @.@ so annoying!! Joshua came back from the match and could sleep straight away.... something was wrong with me.. :( but thank God I had at least 4-5 hours of sleep... because.....
Sunday, I am serving at Mandarin service and have to be there at 7.30am. -_- I was floating the whole time and somemore was translating on stage. Praise God for using my tongue... they said I translated well. All glory to Jesus, not me. :) :)
I went back after service and catched back sleep! Then Joshua came back at 3pm, straight away started on the blinds. He said for security purpose he wants to put them up. We thought it will take at most 30 minutes, but it took himk 3 hours. :(
Drilling the ceiling is very hard! The cement dust flying straight to your face... and the drill is not power enough to drill a hole deep enough...
This is our bed. I like how it look on the laminated wood floor. :)
Drill drill drill, sweat sweat sweat, stress stress stress.
Concurring the ceiling!
Finally at 7pm... all 3 blinds are up. :) I have plans to cover up the gap in the middle. ;)
While Joshua's fixing the blinds, I made myself helpful by fixing up one of our tables.
Putting in the screws one by one with screwdrive manually is really... not fun..
But the result is satisfying. :) This is Joshua's work table at home. :) We put it in the back room temporary until the wardrobe in master bedroom is settled... which we don't know when yet.
I guess that's it!!! Hahaha... we finallly....... call it a day.. and I have so many plans for the house, can't wait to unpack and get our life in order in the coming week. :)
God thank you for our dream house!! :D






No comments:
Post a Comment