Man.. almost 6 months or half year, and renovation is still on. -_- I can't wait to start writing about other things here... but a weekly update about renovation to me is very essential... I dont want to forget how it all started.... perseverance... endurance...!
Here goes again. Week 22. 17th to 23rd September.
Monday, our relative Ah Yan and his dad (Uncle Ah Kow) came to look at the wardrobe. He pointed out more areas the things that the previous carpenter shouldn't have done etc.. it's all negative comments. Well, he said he can make new doors for us, make a backboard to cover our Ikea chest of 6, door for shoes storage space and... repair some wooden chairs. :) One thing we have to do is to write a letter to the previous carpenter to get them to agree that the deposit of 2k has been forfeited and that they have no right to claim the remaining balance from us. This is to protect our relative who's doing the clean up work. I don't quite understand the logic behind this but my mum agreed to write the letter, with legal firm letter head, do a registered mail to them, to ensure that the letter is posted to them and they sign on the receipt note. IT IS TROUBLESOME YES IT IS AND I REALLY DISLIKE IT. GOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS CASE ASAP I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER, I WANT MY LIFE BACK TO NORMAL PLEASE.......
Afternoon, I opened up the paint bucket, put on a painting cap & started touching up the paint around the house. I tried my best to find places that needs touch up, usually paint got scraped off a bit when moving furnitures, or just stains that cannot be wiped away.. etc etc..
In the evening, I called 2 indonesian maids to come clean up the house, for 2 hours. They wiped the windows, clean the bathrooms and the floor. While they're doing the cleaning, I was busy clearing up the book shelf in masterbedroom. Making sure I clear the bags of things off the floor so the maids can reach the windows. After the maids left, I realised the bathroom are still dirty, cement is not easy to come off just by a few scrubs. We need to use acid? I try not to.. but I think we might have to explore that option.....
Tuesday night, I finally put Joshua's clothes into the wardrobe. :) It's very satisfying although there's only ONE door... Planning to put in mine the next day, organising clothes is by far my "party". I enjoy doing it, it's hard to describe why hehe. I have some concerns though... what will happen when my cousin come to repair it? Do I have to remove everything again? Or what will happen if the previous carpenter decides to refund & to remove it? Then my effort will go to waste? -_- These are in my head, back and forth back and forth...
Wednesday morning, we were shocked to discover that there was water leaking from the back toilet's ceiling! The bathroom floor was all wet and the ceiling was badly damaged. Bubbled up, discolouring.. you name it. Joshua contacted Ah Hoong, but he could not come over to fix it. I have to take half day leave the next day because Anne is going back to Muar, someone needs to be home.
Ah Hoong said he will come and also prep the kitchen wall for tiles. So we shifted everything we could from the kitchen to dining area & drumroom. Took some old bed clothes to cover them up from the cement dust...
Thursday noon, Ah Hoong and his workers started prepping the kitchen walls for the tiles. Fridge was too heavy to be shifted elsewhere so I just wrap it up as much as I can.
I thought he will put the transparent plastic drape but he used this instead.. is actually not that effective :(
Because on and off they open it up, they walked in and out too. Although they're very careful, still dust is dust, it travels anywhere!
Ah Hoong could not get the tiles I've chosen. He took me in his lorry all the way to Jalan Ipoh, but the shop also don't have the tiles because the tile is new.. need to order and only will come in 1 week's time. Wasted almost 3 hours in the car ride! :( I asked him why didn't he make phone call first? He said yes he should have. I suspect he was waiting for me to just pick any tiles that has ready stock, but no.. I'm sticking to my choice. Guocera 388B 12" x 18" RM6 per piece. No idea why I fall in love with a new & expensive tile... the colour just seems right to me...
When we returned and saw the status of the kitchen wall.
I went out to the bank while they were cleaning up the space, when I returned, they were in the midst of repairing the leak. They were at shared bathroom... KNOCKING out a piece of tile!!!! It is so messy and the whole of upstairs smell of damp cement.. :( :( According to him, there were leaking in the wall, he measured and suspect the leak came from that spot. He found the water, asked me to monitor it for a few days. He discovered that our shower unit was not fixed properly and that's how the water went into the wall for weeks and finally found its way downstairs....... Ah Hoong said this is first time he ever had to knock the tiles to repair a leak... -___- Depressing to have cement dust upstairs and downstairs.. the smell is really bad... and I believe it's bad for health too.
Saturday, morning 10.30am we made appointment to have the aluminium guy over, to measure kitchen cabinets. He was the same who provided us the bi-fold doors for our bathrooms, we quite like the quality and so just want to explore if they can supply our kitchen cabinets.
His name is Ah Poh. Very cute.. just look at how he folded up his pants when talking on the phone, at the same time searching for sample photos on his ipad. He's very rich, has big cars, developing condos at Sungai Long and Gombak... drives a huge motor around.. has a secretary to take care of his paper works.
Rather fierce when he speaks to his secretary on the phone. He took measurements, gave some advice and said that he will send us quote by Monday. Fingers crossed that the price will be reasonable.
At the same time, we had alarm guys over to repair the alarm censor that has gone cuckoo.
After these, we went to Buimaco at SS24 Taman Megah, so confirm and pay for the tiles for kitchen backsplash. This is the tile.. and Joshua approved it. A little blue a little grey...
We paid for this, and 3 bathroom floor tiles and 2 kitchen floor tiles. Bathroom floor tiles is for the hole Ah Hoong has knocked.. he didn't leave any additional tiles for us so we just buy 2 to keep. Just in case.... you never know....
Then we went to Ikea. To return our 80cm drawers and bought 60cm drawers. It's very dumb of me that I initially bought the 60cm drawers, but later on got worried that it is too small, so went back to change into 60cm. After discussing with Ah Poh, 80cm is too big and so now we took 60cm back. Sigh. These are the redundant work and errands that leaves me with no rest. :(
We also bought rubbish bin, a small alarm clock and other small items. Wanted to get a mirror for living room but the size was again out of stock.
Sunday, we had our first visitor Wei Chee. :) She came and bought us 2 Ikea Ribba picture frames. I told her I need some white frames to galleried the wall at dining area. I explained to her about the size of the frames I wanted.. but she felt that it is too big and ended up getting me 2 smaller frames. :( Now I'm stuck with quite a lot of medium size frames.. all slightly smaller than A4. Well, I think I need to start putting the frames together, buy 2 more big frames, print some wedding or memorable photos, put them into the frames and hang them up! :D Can't wait. :D Hehe.
Here goes again. Week 22. 17th to 23rd September.
Monday, our relative Ah Yan and his dad (Uncle Ah Kow) came to look at the wardrobe. He pointed out more areas the things that the previous carpenter shouldn't have done etc.. it's all negative comments. Well, he said he can make new doors for us, make a backboard to cover our Ikea chest of 6, door for shoes storage space and... repair some wooden chairs. :) One thing we have to do is to write a letter to the previous carpenter to get them to agree that the deposit of 2k has been forfeited and that they have no right to claim the remaining balance from us. This is to protect our relative who's doing the clean up work. I don't quite understand the logic behind this but my mum agreed to write the letter, with legal firm letter head, do a registered mail to them, to ensure that the letter is posted to them and they sign on the receipt note. IT IS TROUBLESOME YES IT IS AND I REALLY DISLIKE IT. GOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS CASE ASAP I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER, I WANT MY LIFE BACK TO NORMAL PLEASE.......
Afternoon, I opened up the paint bucket, put on a painting cap & started touching up the paint around the house. I tried my best to find places that needs touch up, usually paint got scraped off a bit when moving furnitures, or just stains that cannot be wiped away.. etc etc..
In the evening, I called 2 indonesian maids to come clean up the house, for 2 hours. They wiped the windows, clean the bathrooms and the floor. While they're doing the cleaning, I was busy clearing up the book shelf in masterbedroom. Making sure I clear the bags of things off the floor so the maids can reach the windows. After the maids left, I realised the bathroom are still dirty, cement is not easy to come off just by a few scrubs. We need to use acid? I try not to.. but I think we might have to explore that option.....
Tuesday night, I finally put Joshua's clothes into the wardrobe. :) It's very satisfying although there's only ONE door... Planning to put in mine the next day, organising clothes is by far my "party". I enjoy doing it, it's hard to describe why hehe. I have some concerns though... what will happen when my cousin come to repair it? Do I have to remove everything again? Or what will happen if the previous carpenter decides to refund & to remove it? Then my effort will go to waste? -_- These are in my head, back and forth back and forth...
Wednesday morning, we were shocked to discover that there was water leaking from the back toilet's ceiling! The bathroom floor was all wet and the ceiling was badly damaged. Bubbled up, discolouring.. you name it. Joshua contacted Ah Hoong, but he could not come over to fix it. I have to take half day leave the next day because Anne is going back to Muar, someone needs to be home.
Ah Hoong said he will come and also prep the kitchen wall for tiles. So we shifted everything we could from the kitchen to dining area & drumroom. Took some old bed clothes to cover them up from the cement dust...
Thursday noon, Ah Hoong and his workers started prepping the kitchen walls for the tiles. Fridge was too heavy to be shifted elsewhere so I just wrap it up as much as I can.
I thought he will put the transparent plastic drape but he used this instead.. is actually not that effective :(
Because on and off they open it up, they walked in and out too. Although they're very careful, still dust is dust, it travels anywhere!
Ah Hoong could not get the tiles I've chosen. He took me in his lorry all the way to Jalan Ipoh, but the shop also don't have the tiles because the tile is new.. need to order and only will come in 1 week's time. Wasted almost 3 hours in the car ride! :( I asked him why didn't he make phone call first? He said yes he should have. I suspect he was waiting for me to just pick any tiles that has ready stock, but no.. I'm sticking to my choice. Guocera 388B 12" x 18" RM6 per piece. No idea why I fall in love with a new & expensive tile... the colour just seems right to me...
When we returned and saw the status of the kitchen wall.
Now if the tiles I chose have ready stocks... the process will be muchhh faster. I really can't wait to cook meals in this house.....
I went out to the bank while they were cleaning up the space, when I returned, they were in the midst of repairing the leak. They were at shared bathroom... KNOCKING out a piece of tile!!!! It is so messy and the whole of upstairs smell of damp cement.. :( :( According to him, there were leaking in the wall, he measured and suspect the leak came from that spot. He found the water, asked me to monitor it for a few days. He discovered that our shower unit was not fixed properly and that's how the water went into the wall for weeks and finally found its way downstairs....... Ah Hoong said this is first time he ever had to knock the tiles to repair a leak... -___- Depressing to have cement dust upstairs and downstairs.. the smell is really bad... and I believe it's bad for health too.
Saturday, morning 10.30am we made appointment to have the aluminium guy over, to measure kitchen cabinets. He was the same who provided us the bi-fold doors for our bathrooms, we quite like the quality and so just want to explore if they can supply our kitchen cabinets.
His name is Ah Poh. Very cute.. just look at how he folded up his pants when talking on the phone, at the same time searching for sample photos on his ipad. He's very rich, has big cars, developing condos at Sungai Long and Gombak... drives a huge motor around.. has a secretary to take care of his paper works.
Rather fierce when he speaks to his secretary on the phone. He took measurements, gave some advice and said that he will send us quote by Monday. Fingers crossed that the price will be reasonable.
At the same time, we had alarm guys over to repair the alarm censor that has gone cuckoo.
After these, we went to Buimaco at SS24 Taman Megah, so confirm and pay for the tiles for kitchen backsplash. This is the tile.. and Joshua approved it. A little blue a little grey...
We paid for this, and 3 bathroom floor tiles and 2 kitchen floor tiles. Bathroom floor tiles is for the hole Ah Hoong has knocked.. he didn't leave any additional tiles for us so we just buy 2 to keep. Just in case.... you never know....
Then we went to Ikea. To return our 80cm drawers and bought 60cm drawers. It's very dumb of me that I initially bought the 60cm drawers, but later on got worried that it is too small, so went back to change into 60cm. After discussing with Ah Poh, 80cm is too big and so now we took 60cm back. Sigh. These are the redundant work and errands that leaves me with no rest. :(
We also bought rubbish bin, a small alarm clock and other small items. Wanted to get a mirror for living room but the size was again out of stock.
Sunday, we had our first visitor Wei Chee. :) She came and bought us 2 Ikea Ribba picture frames. I told her I need some white frames to galleried the wall at dining area. I explained to her about the size of the frames I wanted.. but she felt that it is too big and ended up getting me 2 smaller frames. :( Now I'm stuck with quite a lot of medium size frames.. all slightly smaller than A4. Well, I think I need to start putting the frames together, buy 2 more big frames, print some wedding or memorable photos, put them into the frames and hang them up! :D Can't wait. :D Hehe.













No comments:
Post a Comment