Pregnancy has been great. :) I can't say it is the greatest thing that has happened to me, because Joshua say HE is supposed to be the greatest thing. :P
I told Joshua that I wish when I get pregnant one day, I can stay pretty and not become sloppy. Thank God I didn't put on weight anywhere else, only my belly that hides the uterus. Though I secretly was hoping I could look more chubby and cute and be more busty during this time... I guess God knows what's best for me. Hah. :D Many friends has told me I look good, glowing and that I carry the bump really well...... thanks for the kind words!
I read that during pregnancy, a woman's hair will drop less and will shine more... but that didn't happen to me, at least not yet. Even my gynae asked me whether I'm losing hair... I told him I've always had hair thinning problem, have tried numerous ways to stimulate more hair growth but money spent were mostly in vain. :( My gynae say we shall look into this issue after labour. I also heard that when baby is 4 months old, due to hormonal changes, a mother will lose quite an amount of hair! A colleague said to me before "watch out after you give birth, you already dropping hair, by then it will become worse I tell you." I find it very offensive..... whenever people I work with tell me they noticed my hair problem.... and got really offended when a new mum in church with so muchhhh hair on her head saying that she is baldinggg.... Arrrrghhhh.... probably because of my insecurities. I won't lie to you, that's one of my biggest pregnancy fears, other than the labour process. :( God, please have mercy on me... everyday in shower whenever I can remember I will talk to myself "Everyday my hair will grow more and more, stronger and stronger... my hair will drop less and I will have healthy hair...." As I enter into my 3rd trimester, I discovered.. hair drop has reduced. I monitored the amount of hair in the bathroom drainage hole on a daily basis. I know that for at least 2 weeks, my hair loss has dropped at least by half. Hallelujah!! But... whenever Joshua takes pictures of me from top view or back view.... I will STILL see that bald spot... and zooming in often makes my heart drop and sink further. :( God...... I need You....... my friends, please keep me in prayers on this. :) Thanks...
Some women had bad mood swings, or can't take certain smell, or just must have certain food. Thankfully for me, I'm not bothered by any smell and not craving for any food. And according to Joshua, I seemed to be on better mood and more loving. Thanks to the hormones and the excitement knowing my uterus is inhabited. :) But I have my downs, especially when I realise I get tired more easily.... and so many things at home needs to be done and Joshua didn't seem to bother because to him is no big deal. -_- So there were a lot of efforts by me trying to communicate to him what I need him to do, many lists were made and followed up closely... but overall, I must thank God for Joshua. :) He's the best husband I could've ever ask for. Since the day we were married, without fail, everyday he prepares breakfast for me to bring to work (except for days he forgot to buy bread, take note I never buy bread...) and send me off to work at the gate, wave goodbye with a sweet smile in his sleepwear. :D He doesn't just do these after knowing I'm pregnant but ever since we're husband & wife... our baby will grow to know she has the most loving daddy!
He has his days where I get mad at him, but he never fights back. He always say he will try to change and improve. Such a humble guy. :) And when I complained that I don't have enough good photos taken to remember this pregnancy, he made a conscious effort by setting daily reminder on his phone to take photos! He also set reminder to remind me to take my vitamins..... how can I not love this man. :) And how can I not believe God gave me this man. :)
I also am grateful for my mum, my sister and my brother. Seeing my mum getting concern over my well-being as my belly grow in size every week and month... and then being supportive and assuring that she will always be there to help out, be it financially or physically... I am overwhelmed. And when Anne tries to jokingly "bully" me.. my mum will ask her to be easy on me because I am carrying additional 10kg.. so she became more careful and cooks for me whenever she's available. :D My brother... I don't expect much from him because a guy is not that sensitive, but when he "wow" at my belly each time he sees me and the last time he came to touch my belly.. I know he's excited to meet his niece too. :)
By the way I'm totally fine when people wants to touch my belly, in fact I loveeee it! So if you want to touch, come on!! Hehehe.... a 17 year old girl in church asked me politely whether she can touch, I said "of course" then she touch so soft and slowly, is so cute. :) Once I was talking to my friend Sharon and her mum, and out of a sudden Sharon touches my belly, I think it's just really adorable. :D Then her mum said "come lets pray for baby Jasmine, shall we?" Jasmine do you know you are so so loved? :)
It is amazing that at this phase, I can't control the little one that's moving inside me. When I go to sleep, she could be doing somersault in me the whole night until morning, even on my way to work or tickles me during office hour. I love it if I can show to Joshua or whoever nearby how she moves. So far only Joshua and Anne had seen it. Other times I was her only audience. Anne was shocked and surprised when she witnessed the waves by Jasmine... she literally said "yeeeeerrrr....... why like that one..." this is all so new and exciting to us! :D Jasmine, you've brought so much changes to our lives already, do you know? :)I pray that God will guide Joshua and I to be good parents to baby Jasmine... enlarge our tents so that we won't be weary but enjoy the exciting journey ahead! :) We truly look forward to see a happy laughing healthy chubby beautiful baby girl come home with us in October.... our little miss miracle. :)
p/s : photos were all taken on 19th July 2013 when I was 29 weeks pregnant. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment