Friday, October 2, 2015

Pregnant with 老二 (Second Trimester) : Week 25 to Week 27

The end of second trimester. Wow! How time flies! It feels faster than the last round!

Symptoms : 
- Bloated stomach and clothes getting tight.
  I don't think I can eat as much durian as I ate before. I am running out of clothes to wear! Have to constantly remember what dresses I have that I can still fit in comfortably. Thank God Shin Wee said she found more maternity clothes for me and will be bringing to me soon!
Look at this blouse.... it's maxed out completely.

This dress too, getting tight in middle.


- Like the last pregnancy I wear quite a lot of dresses that are loose in middle but they require me to have a layer of spagetti stripe underneath. I can't do that at this stage, I will feel like an oven!
- I often sweat under my belly till my panties are wet and adding on the heavy yellow discharge, plus the occassional urine that came out when I sneeze... I hate the smell of my panties. I have to change sometimes after work. And there are a few that had holes on them because they were constantly wet and stretched.... yep definitely need new panties when Jasper comes out.
- Sometimes even my bras bother me. Being too thick or tight, I can feel very sweaty and smell at end of the day. That spoils my mood easily. I rarely needed second bath during the day but when I do, you know I was desperate to feel fresh.
- I have some itchy rashes on the upper part of my bump, including the area near the bra strap.



I could still refrain from scratching though. I asked for Evelyn's advice and applied the Vizomet cream that I already have in our first aid box, thank God it worked miraculously. After 2 days no more itchy rash.
- on 3rd September and the day aftr, I did big business and when I wipe there were fresh blood on the tissue. It's not a lot so I guess must be due to hard stool. I told Dr Rama during the next visit on 10th September, he gave me some fibre drink which does not taste good... and they are expensive, about RM40 for a week's dosage. I am weighing about 59kg now. Put on almost 8-9kg in total, only gained 0.5kg in the past 4-5 weeks, baby Jasper's weight increased from 0.594kg to 1.03kg.
- Stretch marks has started to show its shadow, so I diligently applied bio-oil and re-gen oil, sometimes even 3 times a day. So far could really see it delaying the forming of the stretch marks. but I am just at the end of 2nd trimester, who knows what will happen in the 3rd trimester?
- Too many weekends I forgot to eat the supplements at all... so sorry baby Jasper. I will try my best to keep up this discipline!
- Found out that Evelyn and Koko are also expecting their first baby in April! They are planning a babymoon which could clash with my maternity.. so we did thought of some back up plans.. but their travel dates are not confirmed yet. Pray that baby Jasper will be out late like at 40 or 41 weeks so Anne can be in Muar with mummy, while koko & Evelyn travels before he pops out! How to make baby late?
- Evelyn will also be posted to KLGH for 9 months starting January 2016, so she will be staying in Anne's room, Anne could be sleeping in Jasmine's room while Jasper in our room. We initially thought she would be coming in Nov 2015, so I took some time one night after Jasmine sleeps, to clear up some drawer and shelf space for Evelyn's things.

Now that her posting is postponed to Jan 2016, I could delegate the clearing tasks to Anne when she returns, afterall is all her junk. -_-
- Final week of 2nd trimester, I feel more strain on my back, especially my buttock area. I will feel it more if I get up too quickly from the lying down position. Or sometimes when I lie down I can feel the pain on my hips too. I believe that's due to the weight or my bones are softening to further expand.... The acts of bending down, sitting down & getting up are more tiring than before. So I really am planning to arrange for weekly maids starting from November onwards. Just so in my last lap of pregnancy and confinement I don't have to worry about cleanliness around the house too much. Most times I bend down or sit down are to deal with Jasmine's food mess, tidying up her toys or wiping some stupid lizard droppings on the floor. We are also planning to buy one more vaccum cleaner for upstairs at this year's year end sales.
- The baby Jasper kicks are very different from baby Jasmine kicks. Jasmine's like waves, but Jasper's is very defined at one area. On Sunday 13 Sept, when I carried and calmed Jasmine to sleep on my shoulder, I decided to sit down and rest her weight on the top of my bump, I immediately felt baby Jasper kicks at the area near my vagina! I was shocked! It's the first time I ever felt such thing. The normal kicks on front of belly feels like having some stomach reaction, but this one feels like something wrong with my body! I am never going to rest Jasmine's heavy weight on my bump like this anymore. After that I kept noticing the internal kicks near my vagina, thank God some online articles confirmed that this is normal...
- Bad bad haze this time... reading is 142 on 14 September at Selangor. Thank God I don't feel anything like sore throat. :)

Here's another dress mummy gave me, didn't fit her well even after some simple alterations near the collar. I took it and hey this is like a maternity dress. Comfortable and presentable. I wear it to work very often too.
Wore this dress to Bloom on 29 August, it's short so I can't wear if I have to take care of Jasmine so Bloom was the right occassion for me to wear it. I'm glad I did!
Many friends said I look good during pregnancy.. thank God for that. The only weight gained was on my belly. :)

I went to the conference alone and sat alone, although next to someone I know but we are not close, like not buddies. But during break I'm thankful I could spend time talking with this bunch of mummies gang. :) Except Cheryl in front though. 
Thankful for such meaningful and value adding fellowship. :)

Random weekday nights when we walk past fruit shop and I just wanted to buy some mangosteens and eat them all by myself that night. :P It's my kind of treat!!


Another of my recent favourite fruit will be duku! Duai Ee has bought twice for us and I ate 99% of them. I sure feel over-bloated by the end of it, but the satisfaction tops it all! :D I remember when I was pregnant with Jasmine Anne didn't want to let me eat mangosteen and I totally don't remember why! I purposely whatsapp Dr Rama to ask whether I am allowed to eat mangosteen, he said ok. I believe eat everything in moderation, means once in a while ok don't eat everyday...... I still drink coffee during work. 2 small cups, sometimes 3. :) Dr Rama once told me our air has more pollutant than the caffeine in our coffee. Haha. :D

Random night after again eating unhealthy MAGGI GORENG, I was sharpening Jasmine's colour pencils while she wanted me to give her bear bear shoulder ride. Multi-tasking! :D


On 3rd Sept, my nice colleague Hoong Ling lend us her kid's old keyboard!!! It has a missing note in middle but Jasmine still had so much fun! :D

On 5th September, we celebrated Jasmine's 2nd birthday together with family and relatives. :) :) It was a lunch celebration all the way till evening. We ordered a crepe cake to which everybody loves! :D Including Jasmine. :) 


Found another dress I could wear as maternity dress! These days I had to be very creative with my wardrobe... because I only want to invest money in buying clothes I can wear after pregnancy, not during... it's just for that few months... not really worthwhile, plus Shin Wee has so generously lend me some, I have no excuse! :D 



On 6th September, I lay out Jasmine's new bed! Mattress on floor hehe.. dressed up with pretty sheets and all her soft toys and pillows. :) 
 She loves it!
It was tiring putting things together but it was worthwhile seeing the little 2 year old enjoying it and never ask to be put into the wooden cot. And the cot? We plan on washing everything up, putting the mattress out to sun and then adjust the base to higher... we are expecting another newborn so it's like doing the same thing all over again! :D 
 They both eventually should be sharing a room like this... I think we can handle... we will try. :) :) 




On 10th September at our gynae appointment, we saw the scan of our baby Jasper! :D Dr Rama commented that he looks like Jasmine. The shape of the head etc... :) My mum said "Handsome boy". Hehehe.. 
Baby Jasper, we can't wait to see you... you are now 1.03kg fantastic weight from the last 0.594kg. I only put on half kg from the last visit, so most weight gain was on you! :D My champion boy!

On 12th September, managed to give myself a treat, facial! :D I am hesitant of going one more time in October.. because many said lying down on my back will strain my back muscles... I do feel like I need a good stretch after being in the same lying position for too long... but I hope to keep my face clean and as mosturised as possible.... we shall see whether I can do another round of facial next month! :D
Notice some baby fats on my face? :) I enjoy this part of pregnancy, looking more chubby but not too chubby. :) :)  

Weekly bump photos : 

Thank God we didn't forget to take this month :) And Jasmine has really gotten the hang of taking photos, she's quite the cheeky poser!

Week 25+ on 30th August



Week 26+ on 6th September






Week 27+ on 13th September





I got to admit I freaked out a little that Jasper is just 2 to 3 months away. And 14 Sept at work, I quickly printed out hospital bag checklist and added more items into the Prepare for Jasper To Do List. One thing I am glad I have accomplish is cleared a drawer for his clothes. It's bursting unlike Jasmine's when we first cleared for her, but at least he has a drawer. And we have shifted Jasmine to sleep on mattress since 6th September so we are definitely working towards getting the cot ready for Jasper too!

Also just read last pregnancy post, same stage there was also bad haze. Andddd I was rushing to do photobook 2013! I currently am still working on Jasmine's 2nd year photobook part 2. Aim to complete it by first week of October. Then I will start photobook 2015. May God give me the wisdom to do it faster than the previous year! :D So much to do, so little time and the to-do list just keeps on growing! Compared to the last pregnancy, a lot more things are happening... so my prayer is really for God to enlarge my capabilities and also for Jasper to come late to avoid any sudden hiccups to our plans! Amen!! 

No comments: